Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baske...er-deba/nTxf4/
    Larry Drew still promised lineup changes although the Hawks coach would not reveal what he has in mind.
    The Hawks held a lengthy practice Tuesday, one day after an embarrassing loss to the Bulls where the final (58), first-half (20) and second-quarter (5) point totals were the lowest in Atlanta team history. Following the debacle, Drew said his team, losers of six of their past seven games, have mentally and physically “flat-lined.”
    Drew is always secretive, like Lebron James is walking through that door or something.

vCash
    Atlanta Hawks feed on facebook.com says the team has suspended Josh Smith for tonights game:

UPDATE: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for tonight's game due to conduct detrimental to the team.

"Clearly I am competitive and was frustrated by our recent losses. I understand and respect the team's actions and just want to get back on the court to do whatever is necessary to help my teammates. I apologize for letting them down and apologize to our fans for not being available for tonight's game." - Smoove

Oh brother....

vCash
    The fun never ends, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

vCash
    We really want to give this guy a contract? IDK how his inconsistencies on the court and obviously his attitude off the court and his hot and cold relationship with the organization is. Is he a solid player. No question, but imo solid players have to be consistent and he is not in so many ways. It's a shame because he has so much talent. At the deadline I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved, but I would also not be surprised if he stays. I do know this Ferry has shown that we won't give something for nothing.

vCash
    He is our best player without a doubt. But the worst teammate (not in an attitude way, I mean chemistry. He seems to want to do everything himself and his attitude gets the best of him when things don't go right.). ^Like you, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays or is traded.

We have been 3-7 with him the last 10 games. Without him, we are up 18 on a team that has been 9-1 the last 10 games. For anyone that thinks we are much better "as a team" with him.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 01-16-2013 at 08:50 PM.

vCash
    up 26, with that ball movement.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 01-16-2013 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Teague and Horford with double doubles. Zaza working on a triple double.

vCash

vCash
    what's funny?

vCash
    The Hawks are playing with more energy tonight than we have seen in the last few games. Could Josh being suspended have something to with it? Of course! If you suspend your best player all others will be whipped into shape and pay attention.

Those speaking of Josh's attitude and being a horrible team mate did not read the entire report of what happened. He went off because he didn't feel his team mates where playing hard enough, Who blames him for that? It's more of the way he did it, that Drew and Ferry had a problem with. They have all said he accepted it and it's a none issue.

vCash
    DO I think Smith was correct in his action? NO! Do I think Ferry did the right thing? If it was as they say it was, YES!

However the over reaction to everything that happens with Smith has just become boring.

vCash
    This has been Jeff's best game in a while. I wonder how much having a healthy Devin Harris in the game with him to playmake has helped.

vCash
    I do believe the team plays better with Smith out. When does Teague get 11 assists when our all-star PG Smith is in there with him?

Smith is our best player, I have said this, and I stand by this. But the team has played better with him this game, the game against the Thunder, and the ball movement is obviously better. A Nets team that is 9-1 in the last 10 getting beat badly by a Hawks team that just got beat worse a couple days ago. Only difference, Smith isn't playing. Oh yeah, they are at home too, if you want to call that an advantage with so few fans there.

I seriously believe these new "Shopping Smith around" reports are true. Would you be furious if we traded him? I wouldn't. I have felt for a while we need a new direction. Having a Paul, Smith, and Howard off-season is a nice dream, but come on now. I am curious how many people will stop being Hawks fans if Smith is traded.

vCash
    Did they play better last season without Smith or Horford? Be honest.

It's Smith's fault that JT doesn't get 11 Assist? Really? Also JT had 11 assist 12/26 vs Det and guess who played?josh Smith. .

You are talking about 2 games when the evidence of them playing better with him is so much more.

Shopping Smith? IDK

I can't say one way or another fro sure. They trade Smith the Paul/Howard dream is dead. And they better get more than Asik! Ferry has said a few times now that they are not shopping him. And looking at the past, someone is always starting a Smith rumor and the only one that had any truth to it according SS to our new beat writter was when Sund tried to trade him before he left.

I don't think Ferry is........ But I can't say it with 100% certanty either.
    Last edited by SB75; 01-16-2013 at 09:51 PM.

vCash
    I don't know about a Rudy Gay trade, but I was thinking about Tony Wroten, would you all like a Rudy Gay, Tony Wroten, and Arthur for Smith and Harris?

Teague/Wroten
    Williams/Jenkins
    Gay/Korver
    Horford/Arthur
    Zaza/Ivan

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast