Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Drew spoke on the changing roles of Lou and JJ recently.
    “I’m going to stay with what works,” Drew said. “That’s been good for us. A couple of games I’ve thought about going back to a bigger lineup but sometimes, as I’ve said in the past, you’ve got to roll the dice a little bit – whether you adjust to the opposition or you force the opposition to adjust to you. Clearly, our last few games if there is an adjustment to be made it’s going to be on their end. I’m going to stay with what’s been working for us. He’s been good in our lineup and I’m going to keep it that way.”
    http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2013/01/0...ms-as-starter/
    “He has shown me what I’ve always thought, that this kid is an NBA talent,” Drew said. “It’s just a matter of trying to find minutes for him. It’s a matter of getting him in the rotation. Getting him to really learn what we do."
    http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2013/01/0...s-for-jenkins/

IMO. the best option is keeping Lou as starting 2 and JJ as his backup, with Devin running the 2nd unit.

vCash
    Also, congrats to Drew for winning Eastern Conference Coach of the Month, well deserved honor. I have been harsh on him but can't deny that he has gotten better since taking the job. Less isolations and more balance on offense. Seems to really be building a more team-oriented approach.

vCash
    I've said this many times over the last few years, but Josh always plays like **** against the Celtics. I don't know if KG or Pierce or whomever are his childhood idols and he feels the need to try to impress them even if it kills his own team but that's what it always looks like. So if he starts crying again about missing another All Star game, he can refer back to these last couple games as evidence why opposing coaches aren't big fans of his.

vCash
    Atlanta Hawks: Team holds meeting to air issues after loss to Celtics
    3:39 pm January 6, 2013, by Chris Vivlamore

Vivlamore reporting.

The Hawks, who were supposed to have an off day Sunday, held a workout (for younger players) and video session following last night’s loss to the Celtics. The Hawks held a 19-point second-quarter lead but it was gone after the Celtics outscored them 33-9 in the third quarter.

Following the video session, players and coaches held a meeting to discuss the loss, which is not the first time this season the Hawks have failed to hold a big lead.
    ajc

vCash
    Turnovers are killing us. The only positive right now is Jenkins is taking advantage of his opportunity.

JT has either hit a wall or flat out regressing. Not good when playing for an impatient coach known for a quick hook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Turnovers are killing us. The only positive right now is Jenkins is taking advantage of his opportunity.

JT has either hit a wall or flat out regressing. Not good when playing for an impatient coach known for a quick hook.
    Agreed...... I wondered coming into the season if his playmaking was that of a true PG. Over the last few games ( outside of the boston game) he has not shot the ball well and his plamaking this last game was suspect. The team was noticeably fustrated with him, most noticably Josh on that first qtr fast break ( big shock). IDK what it is, but maybe a shake up is in order? To be fair.... His playmaking was good before the Boston game, even if his shot wasn't.

vCash
    They aren't getting to the FT line at all lately and can't guard guard the perimeter, two issues we knew were coming. Drew called them soft, and he's right, but that's what happens when you teach a soft motion offense instead of one that demands they pound the low block. His two best players almost never roll to the rim on pick and roll, and can't play with their backs to the basket. Based on some of the quotes, Drew looks dangerously close to losing the team.

vCash
    They really needed that comeback to stop the bleeding. The bench saved the day.

vCash
    Man, the Hawks shooting is awful so far in first half...

vCash
    Just 20pts in first half!!! Must been all that celebrations of the Falcons...

vCash
    Looks like the Hawks have given up on Drew!

vCash
    No one scored double digits with just 2 mins remaining. Wtf?!

vCash
    Laughable, embarrassing, pathetic. Whether they gave up on Drew or had a AWFUL night or what idk, these past two weeks have been tough and with the Feb. trade deadline approaching things "should" get very interesting....

vCash
    Nights like this, I just want Ferry to unload everybody and start fresh. No way a Dwight Howard is going to change this.

vCash

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast