Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Teague was clearly the best player on the floor in that game, and Ivan showed his value when he had time to play in the game.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ^That's what concerned me about this guard rotation. I thought Drew's plan this season was to basically stick with whichever player had the hot hand in a particular game, which was fine by me because it means they have to earn their minutes and we would find out what kind of player Teague wants to be this year. But it's just like the Ivan-Tolliver situation: one guy is clearly playing better yet the coach puts him on the bench. I try not to be so tough on Drew but he has always done a poor job with rotations and subs.

EDIT: So Drew actually said it again in this new AJC blog, when talking about trusting Lou in the 4th quarter.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/11/0...n-the-stretch/

So clearly he doesn't apply the same standard to everyone, even the guys who played well for him last season.
    I totally agree with you. Teague should have stayed in the final quarter...

vCash
    Ivan has shown he can handle pretty much any game situation/position on the court for a while now, so even if Drew decides to increase Zaza's role, he can let Ivan be the backup and there won't be much dropoff, if any.

vCash
    Josh Smith (ankle) returned to a limited practice on Tuesday.

Smith said his ankle "felt good," but reiterated that it's still too early to determine his availability for Wednesday. Smoove owners in daily leagues will have to check back for a more definitive update. If he is forced to sit out again, Anthony Tolliver will likely start in his place again, but he offers nothing to fantasy owners.
    Lou Williams left Tuesday's practice due to a migraine, but it's not expected to prevent him from playing Wednesday.

We're including Lou on the injury list as a precaution but he's safe to leave in active lineups. Atlanta's sixth-man extraordinaire is averaging 20.5 points, 1.5 threes, 4.5 assists and 2.5 steals in 29 minutes per game.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Chris Vivlamore ‏@ajchawks
    Josh Smith to start and likely joined by Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver, Al Horford and Zaza Pachulia vs. Pacers. http://bit.ly/VT9xE1 #ATLHawks
    I personally think this should be our typical starting line-up. Korver at the SG can be interchangeable with Harris and Stevenson, but I like Josh at the 3, Al at the 4, and Lou off the bench.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac_121 View Post
    I personally think this should be our typical starting line-up. Korver at the SG can be interchangeable with Harris and Stevenson, but I like Josh at the 3, Al at the 4, and Lou off the bench.
    If Granfer is still out, I like it. If he plays, it's hard to say cause Hibert is a hard cover for Al.

vCash
    ^^^^
    Granger..... SO he's oout for the next 3 months.

vCash
    Very lucky win fro our Hawks tonight! But I will take it.

2-1

vCash
    - Starting frontcourt (Zaza, Al, and Josh): 15-29 FG (52%), 28 REB, 9 AST, 3 BLK, 2 STL. Stay with it, Drew!
    - Team Rebounding: Hawks 51 to 41. (Pacers were #1 overall in this category entering tonight's game.)
    - Points in the Paint: Hawks 48 to 32.

Only things holding this team back are 3-point shooting and settling the guard rotation.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-07-2012 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    I am swamped with work and I peeked at ESPN and saw we were getting beat handily by the Granger-less Pacers and couldn't help but shake my head. I check the final score and the play-by-play of the 4th quarter and I absolutely love this feeling!

When I'm sure we're gonna lose and we somehow come back and win it.

vCash
    “It’s a good job to have this measuring stick early and see how we do and overcome a big deficit,” Smith said. “You can see there is no quit in this team. We played extremely hard. We kept the tempo going. We didn’t hang our heads even though we probably felt like we didn’t get the good whistle. We didn’t worry about it. We just came out and established ourselves in the fourth quarter and played some great defense.”
    “We are going to fight,” Teague said. “We are undersized. Everybody knows that. But we are going to fight. We are going to play hard. That is what we did in the fourth quarter. We held them to nine points. That’s big.”
    ajc

Big test on Friday.

vCash
    The Hawks defeated the Pacers for the 10th straight time at Phillips Arena on Wednesday night, the longest home winning streak that the Hawks have had against any opponent since they won 14 home games in a row against the Nuggets from 1990 to 2003.
    Elias Sports Bureau

vCash
    Teague has really developed. I can safely say he can be our starting PG for the long term. 7 for 7, 20 points, 11 assists so far.

McGOAT

vCash
    Again, Teague best player on court, gets half the game on the court. Harris hasn't shown up yet this season and Lou Williams is off and on. Teague should be getting more minutes as he has shown through the first 4 games that he is the player the offense should go through.

Counting the days until a new coach comes in and hopefully showcase Teague's talent and new confidence in leading the team.

Also, hate to beat on that Smith drum again, but games like this is the reason I would rather see what we can get for him before his contract is up.

Teague gets 8 shots (7 really, the 8th coming in the last seconds of a game already over) in 27 minutes and had 20/11. Meanwhile guys like Korver gets 30 minutes. Lou and Harris combines for 40 minutes and only 6 points combined (1 for 9 for the both of them). Josh shoots 19 shots (most mid range misses) and comes away scoring 6 of those. Am I the only one seeing the problems here? What if Teague had 30+ minutes, and say Josh's 19 shots? Maybe something like 30+/15 and we win this game? Also, Ivan with only 5 minutes? Even if it is Mike Brown that will replace him, just do it already. I myself would love to see SVG and see if he can actually play Teague.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 11-09-2012 at 11:45 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Again, Teague best player on court, gets half the game on the court. Harris hasn't shown up yet this season and Lou Williams is off and on. Teague should be getting more minutes as he has shown through the first 4 games that he is the player the offense should go through.

Counting the days until a new coach comes in and hopefully showcase Teague's talent and new confidence in leading the team.

Also, hate to beat on that Smith drum again, but games like this is the reason I would rather see what we can get for him before his contract is up.

Teague gets 8 shots (7 really, the 8th coming in the last seconds of a game already over) in 27 minutes and had 20/11. Meanwhile guys like Korver gets 30 minutes. Lou and Harris combines for 40 minutes and only 6 points combined (1 for 9 for the both of them). Josh shoots 19 shots (most mid range misses) and comes away scoring 6 of those. Am I the only one seeing the problems here? What if Teague had 30+ minutes, and say Josh's 19 shots? Maybe something like 30+/15 and we win this game? Also, Ivan with only 5 minutes? Even if it is Mike Brown that will replace him, just do it already. I myself would love to see SVG and see if he can actually play Teague.
    Your not the only one but Larry Drew seems to have no clue on how to use his talent and which players to run through. Smith is a lost cause, Teague has the hot hand against the best team in the league and at the only position that you can really exploit them at, and #5 and Drew are complete idiots about what to do with the ball. Running the ball through Teague and Al will make this team become for consistent. Use Louis in the right spots because you know he can bring it on. Ivan needs more PT so does Morrow. Morrow and Korver should split reps basically. If the team continues like this as far as certain players not getting run and better players gettting less time and touches, Drew nor Josh will be back next year. Just my 2 cents, didn't get blown out though!!

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast