Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Predicted 38-40 wins last year and they won 40. Don't know what to expect from this group because perimeter defense is my biggest concern, but they definitely look more entertaining than previous years. How that translates to the W-L category, who knows, could be the East version of the Warriors. I've said before that this season is a wash for me, but still hope the offseason changes lead to improved home attendance numbers by year's end.

vCash

2012-2013 Season Game Thread

Sixer fan here.... Just had a flashback of why im glad lou williams is gone. Best player in the world when ur teams down by 10+...... But he will never win the game for u.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    well....... Wheenyou get out-rebounded by 22 and 18 of your 36 rebounds come from 2 players, you are going to loose. And you should.

Josh took one to many jumpers foe my liking ( actually 3), AL didn't rebound, and Jeff had a few WTF where you thinking TO's. ALl and all..... I know the wistle didn't go our way tonight, but getting out rebounded by 20+ you should loose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86
    Sixer fan here.... Just had a flashback of why im glad lou williams is gone. Best player in the world when ur teams down by 10+...... But he will never win the game for u.
    He wasn't the reason they lost. To be honest, Lou might have been the best game of any Hawks player.

vCash
    Quick thoughts:

1. One day Drew will realize that Josh wants to be a SF and Al wants to move to PF. Just do it and start Zaza.

2. Perimeter defense was a bad as I thought it would be, but the perimeter shooting was also bad. Morrow didn't get much run but guys like Korver and Harris better find some way to contribute.

3. It looks like Anthony Tolliver will become this year's Jason Collins: A terrible player who does nothing but for whatever reason continues to get minutes over Ivan Johnson. Why do you think we re-signed him, Larry?

vCash
    If I'm not mistaken, tonight will be the first game with Horford being the #1 option with Smith out (and Joe gone). Should be interesting to see, even though not expecting a win (with or without Smith).

vCash
    all honesty i wanna see mike scott in the lineup even at the 3.

vCash
    Tolliver with the start over Ivan and Zaza. lol. They don't want to put Horford at the 4 do they.

vCash
    Actual ball movement. Teague is playing great.

vCash
    Very impressive win! Very!

vCash
    Good game Hawks!

vCash
    Great great win. Al Jeff and Lou really stepped up without Josh, hopefully he's back healthy on Wednesday. Forced turnovers and capitalized, just beautiful basketball. If we could get this early version of Teague all year, this team could be much better than we think. He's also 2 for 2 on highlight dunks this year (first Morris, now KD). 10pts 4 rbs 1 stl in 12 minutes for Ivan, as he continues to outplay Tolliver. Also, Morrow > Korver.

vCash
    Great win last night. Definitely seeing a different fire out of this new look Hawks team. Teague's starting off really strong, hopefully he can keep it going.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

vCash
    Larry's coaching is a mystery to me. Jeff Teague was the best player on the court in the 1st half. What did Drew do? Sit him throughout the 4th, because it looked to me, he was trying to give Harris minutes. Is he more concerned about equal playing time than a win? We won (thanks to Horford mostly), but we sit our best player last night on the bench in crunch time to play someone who wasn't as effective. Atleast Horford was big down the stretch to put the game away. Really pleased with the ball movement all game. Wonder if that will stick once Smith is back?

vCash
    ^That's what concerned me about this guard rotation. I thought Drew's plan this season was to basically stick with whichever player had the hot hand in a particular game, which was fine by me because it means they have to earn their minutes and we would find out what kind of player Teague wants to be this year. But it's just like the Ivan-Tolliver situation: one guy is clearly playing better yet the coach puts him on the bench. I try not to be so tough on Drew but he has always done a poor job with rotations and subs.

EDIT: So Drew actually said it again in this new AJC blog, when talking about trusting Lou in the 4th quarter.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/11/0...n-the-stretch/
    "From a coaching standpoint, you are going to ride the hot hand," Larry Drew said. "I don’t care who it is. In a situation where somebody is playing well, somebody is in a rhythm, somebody is having a good quarter, you ride that."
    So clearly he doesn't apply the same standard to everyone, even the guys who played well for him last season.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-05-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast