Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballchamp70 View Post
    My dream scenario would be to sign grimes & smith in FA. If we could land Byrd as well, our secondary instantly is a strength. Our major draft needs then become RT(deep draft this year @ position), slot WR (four or five NFL ready guys in draft), receiving TE(deep draft), olb (2nd-3rd rd value picks), DT/NT(deep first three rds), and luxury DE, backup RB, backup/competition QB. This is a very weak FS class, so ideally we sign a solid veteran/have Ronde return. The CB position is very deep this year, but it would be nice not to be pigeon-holed into drafting one early if we don't want to. IMO, the depth of this draft matches up with our needs very well.
    Not sure we can land all 3 like that, but def 2 would be amazing. Think next year we’re gonna have Freemans contract if we want to keep him. I think MW19 is gonna be coming up soon too so i dont think we can land 3 big FAs. Byrd/Goldson are going to want some serious $$. If we can basically replace Wright with a similar contract that would be nice too.

vCash
    Yeah I hear ya. A guy can dream though lol. If Byrd hits FA, he should obviously be our #1 target. I think grimes (if fully recovered) can be as close to a #1 CB that's out there & due to the injury @ a bargain hopefully. Smith is def physical, I worry he'd have too much pressure on him to be a #1. He's a little more expensive, but I imagine he's the more realistic choice for us. Either way, there are multiple guys in each round that could step in and contribute for us day 1. I'm excited for this offseason.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    Lmao why do ppl love Grimes and Martellus so much? And Miami has already stated Smith is going nowhere
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Lmao why do ppl love Grimes and Martellus so much? And Miami has already stated Smith is going nowhere
    Martellus has proven himself more than any other TE thats hitting FA, has as good or better tools than any TE in FA and hasnt reached his peak or hit his prime yet...hes just a very good young TE.

Im not as sold on Grimes only because I think he'll want before the injury money. People love Grimes because rightly or wrongly he was being considered by some to be a top 5-10 CB in the league, the top CB in the NFC South and one of the best in the NFC.

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/dolph...t-free-agency/
    Dolphins will likely let Sean Smith test free agency

At the very least the situation is up in the air, don't be a jerk

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Martellus has proven himself more than any other TE thats hitting FA, has as good or better tools than any TE in FA and hasnt reached his peak or hit his prime yet...hes just a very good young TE.

Im not as sold on Grimes only because I think he'll want before the injury money. People love Grimes because rightly or wrongly he was being considered by some to be a top 5-10 CB in the league, the top CB in the NFC South and one of the best in the NFC.

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/dolph...t-free-agency/
    Dolphins will likely let Sean Smith test free agency

At the very least the situation is up in the air, don't be a jerk
    Listen Bennett has one dent season, not even a good one and now he's the next kellen Sr.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Listen Bennett has one dent season, not even a good one and now he's the next kellen Sr.
    I think there is seriously something wrong with you. Nobody is calling him Kellen sr., and I am not sure why you can't get it through your head that he was a back-up to Jason Witten his first few years. You know Jason Witten? The dude that has been one of the best in the league for a long time now? Bennett will not break the bnck, but we will provide great pass catching and blocking skills. D. Keller is injury prone, H. Miller and F. Davis are old, and J. Cook can't block. Loose your hatred for the Bennett's!

vCash
    Woooah I had no idea Sean Smith was looking for THAT much, that seems a bit steep, Cox and Keenan Lewis might be cheaper options at CB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Woooah I had no idea Sean Smith was looking for THAT much, that seems a bit steep, Cox and Keenan Lewis might be cheaper options at CB.
    We were paying Eric Wright 7.5 mil per year

vCash
    I think that H. Miller although old^ hes still a VERY good TE worth looking at. I doubt the Steelers let him go, but of they do id be on him with a deal a.s.a.p.. He single handily made the tough catches for the Steelers this year and without him they would have been worse this year IMO.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Martellus I'm not a huge fan of, but Grimes is a different story. I remember the most hated player receivers wanted to go against was Grimes when interviewed. He makes receivers very uncomfortable which I like. Hes basically a cheaper Cortland Finnagan in my eye.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I think there is seriously something wrong with you. Nobody is calling him Kellen sr., and I am not sure why you can't get it through your head that he was a back-up to Jason Witten his first few years. You know Jason Witten? The dude that has been one of the best in the league for a long time now? Bennett will not break the bnck, but we will provide great pass catching and blocking skills. D. Keller is injury prone, H. Miller and F. Davis are old, and J. Cook can't block. Loose your hatred for the Bennett's!
    Fred Davis is only 27 i dont think thats exactly old, I would be happy with any of those guys really but id also be fine with bringing Dallas back for another full season and drafting a TE.

vCash
    Because Grimes is one of the top CB's entering FA this year & due to the injury he will likely sign at a price far lower than he would've at this time last year. He would probably be seeking VJ $$$ this year if he had another probowl season, but he'll probably have to settle for a short contract for much less per year.

& most places I read have been saying Smith will likely hit FA, he'll just be a more expensive option than Grimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKr3ViCiXps

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    I've also read that Smith wont be going anywhere and that's why they let Vontae Davis go. However he is a FA and if hes seeking some big money then he will certainly test FA. Don't expect Byrd to be going anywhere either, they said the Bills will almost definitely tag him. Goldson on the other hand was tagged last year and is looking for an extension so hes the more realistic option. If the 9ers were to tag him again he would cost about 7.5 mil.

vCash
    Lets just go out and sign 2 corners please, I do not wanna use our first on one. How do you guys think we will address the Oline? If at all? Dominik has said he doesn't like drafting Olinemen, but at the same time we need to throw a big chunk of our money at CBs so we probably won't be signing any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Lets just go out and sign 2 corners please, I do not wanna use our first on one. How do you guys think we will address the Oline? If at all? Dominik has said he doesn't like drafting Olinemen, but at the same time we need to throw a big chunk of our money at CBs so we probably won't be signing any.
    We really don't need much help on the o-line. I would expect nothing other then depth signings. Our RT position is the only starting spot that is not strong. Argueable the 2 best RT's in the league are on the market, but I don't see us looking to put that much more money into an already high paid unit. I think there is a better chance we draft a guy to come in and compete w/ Dotson.

Then again, you really never know what will happen in the draft. Dom may not typically draft O-lineman, but if E. Fisher is there at 13, can we really look away? What about DJ Fluker in the 2nd? Wagner in the 4th? If the right guy is there, we will snag him.

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast