Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^^and the truth finally comes out...i knew thats why he didnt like 5 lol jk

I dont like Miller..hes old and thats substituting clark for a similar guy..older mainly rec. te

I like cook a lot...he has a ton of upside young big fast can block...i think someone needs to just put all the pieces together

Jake Long is prob. leavin Miami that would be nuts...would Penn move to RT or would Long..or would Penn be gone?

Wallace is a burner of course but hes got some baggage..you got the old slot stud Welker wholl be looking to prove pats wrong...Dwayne Bowe who is real similar to VJax...Cant even imagine how defenses would attempt to defend a Jackson Bowe/Wallace Williams passing attack

Goldson has potential to be the undisputed greatest FS in this game for the next 10 years..he is bob sanders in his prime and then some...I have dreams of the safety they will pair with Barron...I kinda had a wierd idea wed go after Honeybadger but he fd that up

Roy Miller apparently will be a free agent...resign or upgrade will be interesting...Sopoaga might be available....Id love to take Niner defenders if yall didnt notice haha

Mughelli anyone?

We Want Winston

vCash
    In no specific order

1st round guys to look at
    Star Lotulelei DT Utah
    Barkevious Mingo DE Utah
    Keenan Allen WR Cal
    Justin Hunter WR Tenn
    Robert Woods WR USC
    Eric Reid FS LSU
    Sean Porter OLB Texas AM
    David Amerson CB NC State
    Barrett Jones OG/OC Bama

We Want Winston

vCash

attention

Draft a corner Talib should be covering the second best receiver he has a lack of speed to cover speed receivers example how he got torched in that giants game and how he first got drafted and Jordy Nelson was killing him we need a corner with speed

vCash
    nicks is not a speed reciever.....99% of corners couldnt have stopped nicks that day on an island the way they were blitzing and not getting any pressure

hes a true number 1 corner....if the organization doesnt like him theres other options out there in FA...no draftee will step in and be a number 1 guy and wright is a number 2 guy

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    ^^^Over OL, DL, or TE? We just spent big money at both WR and CB and have drafted starters at LB each of the last 2 years. And while we did just sign Nicks to a huge deal, we'll probably be looking for a new RT and you never know what can happen in regard to Davin's injury.
    we could go OL in the 2nd.

We spent money on ONE WR; I'm not the biggest Freeman supporter but I'll at least admit he needs some more weapons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tampa2.1 View Post
    Draft a corner Talib should be covering the second best receiver he has a lack of speed to cover speed receivers example how he got torched in that giants game and how he first got drafted and Jordy Nelson was killing him we need a corner with speed
    How many top 10 cb's have "speed"? Can flat out mirror a Mike Wallace or a DeSean? I. Believe none. Which is why speed isn't the issue it's technique and Defensive strategy. You need to jam them and have a safety on top. We're too busy blitzing Barron because we have zero pass rush,so theres no talented backstop guys to help.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    So I saw you guys discussing next year’s draft plans…..

Thought I would add some fictional but relevant discourse of my own. So I am playing a Madden 13 non connected career with Tampa. I haven’t done a lot of crazy trades or FA pickups cause I try to play it kind of seriously and I just finished my teams draft with basically our whole real life team/Roster (except Trueblood) He got cut because I basically think he sucks….

Any rate so the draft…. After looking over my roster I felt my positions of need where (1st round) a safety to pair with Barron (Barber retired) (2nd Round) a CB (Nickel Back cause we need one and Talib is in the air) (3rd Round) a TE to replace Clark.

Now I know it’s a game but I feel this or some combination of it along with another Offensive and Defensive lineman will likely be how our next draft pans out.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hammy44 View Post
    So I saw you guys discussing next year’s draft plans…..

Thought I would add some fictional but relevant discourse of my own. So I am playing a Madden 13 non connected career with Tampa. I haven’t done a lot of crazy trades or FA pickups cause I try to play it kind of seriously and I just finished my teams draft with basically our whole real life team/Roster (except Trueblood) He got cut because I basically think he sucks….

Any rate so the draft…. After looking over my roster I felt my positions of need where (1st round) a safety to pair with Barron (Barber retired) (2nd Round) a CB (Nickel Back cause we need one and Talib is in the air) (3rd Round) a TE to replace Clark.

Now I know it’s a game but I feel this or some combination of it along with another Offensive and Defensive lineman will likely be how our next draft pans out.

Thoughts?

Safety if is a definite need. But DE has to be the #1 offseason priority. I hope we address it with vets atleast one, on the line. Rd1 Eric Reid is another can't miss safety and McDonald in a close second. TE can easily be addressed in Fa it's some good talent available like Cook jr, dickson, pitta,Fred Davis, Keller, Bennett etc
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    @mbs this is where you get in trouble dude....has to be? nothing ever has to be....there are always numerous ways to do things

for instance Clayborn will be a starter again...they could go with the young guy Bowers or go with Bennett...if he continues to produce like he is and if he wants to stay its a real possibility...hes on pace for what 12 sacks...thats not bad at all

there are gonna be questions but it could be answered with some combination of the 3 guys we have Bennett, Clayborn, Bowers...

Now I dont think we have any serious FS candidates after Ronde leaves...that could be seen as a bigger issue...just dont get ahead of yourself with these stick in the mud comments no offense

@ hammy...thats very similar my thoughts on where we are going...see my previous post

I believe and this is only my opinion that FS will be our biggest need because it has the potential to maximize or limit Barrons effectiveness...if hes got a **** safety out there its gunna hurt his play as well...I say swing for the fences maybe Goldson or Eric Reid and try and have the best safeties in the entire league patrolling our secondary

I think Biggers is a free agent clearly a need at that Nickel and at #1 if they dont resign Talib

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Safety if is a definite need. But DE has to be the #1 offseason priority. I hope we address it with vets atleast one, on the line. Rd1 Eric Reid is another can't miss safety and McDonald in a close second. TE can easily be addressed in Fa it's some good talent available like Cook jr, dickson, pitta,Fred Davis, Keller, Bennett etc
    I kind of agree that we need a DE also but given the 2 rather high picks we recently invested, I am feeling like we need to wait and give them time to develop before drafting replacment/position competitors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    @mbs this is where you get in trouble dude....has to be? nothing ever has to be....there are always numerous ways to do things

for instance Clayborn will be a starter again...they could go with the young guy Bowers or go with Bennett...if he continues to produce like he is and if he wants to stay its a real possibility...hes on pace for what 12 sacks...thats not bad at all

there are gonna be questions but it could be answered with some combination of the 3 guys we have Bennett, Clayborn, Bowers...

Now I dont think we have any serious FS candidates after Ronde leaves...that could be seen as a bigger issue...just dont get ahead of yourself with these stick in the mud comments no offense

@ hammy...thats very similar my thoughts on where we are going...see my previous post

I believe and this is only my opinion that FS will be our biggest need because it has the potential to maximize or limit Barrons effectiveness...if hes got a **** safety out there its gunna hurt his play as well...I say swing for the fences maybe Goldson or Eric Reid and try and have the best safeties in the entire league patrolling our secondary

I think Biggers is a free agent clearly a need at that Nickel and at #1 if they dont resign Talib
    So we gonna put your trust in trio of DE's in which one never played and may never, another will be coming off major injury himself and another who is "average" at best and because hes having a decent season which most would call mediocre. Mind you realize it's a contract yr trap? We need a stud to help GmC not just guys

The line needs better quality guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hammy44 View Post
    I kind of agree that we need a DE also but given the 2 rather high picks we recently invested, I am feeling like we need to wait and give them time to develop before drafting replacment/position competitors.
    If we get a chance to upgrade it must be done, period

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    So we gonna put your trust in trio of DE's in which one never played and may never, another will be coming off major injury himself and another who is "average" at best and because hes having a decent season which most would call mediocre. Mind you realize it's a contract yr trap? We need a stud to help GmC not just guys

The line needs better quality guys.
    im almost positive roy miller is a free agent after this year as well as bennett

I dont have a ton of faith in Miller, a lot less than Bennett.

Here's the deal with Bowers...he was gunna be a top 5 pick before the knee injury, the knee was a huge concern. His knee is fine though. This achilles thing will pass...he will be back this year to learn develop and gro in the second half of the season. Next year giving him a shot at a starting spot is not a horrible idea. Also Dwight Freeney is a free agent, dont know what kind of money hes looking for at his age...Syracuse alum Mike Williams might be able to help get him here

Im not against possibly bringing in an older proven vet for a year or 2 to continue developing Bowers...Clayborns a lock if he comes back healthy, which im sure he will

Ronde will be gone after the season and Quincy should be...thats two starters we have to really worry about and I think Barron is the key to our defense so give him help like giving a QB some wrs...

Would you not like to have the best pair of safeties in the NFL...its very possible if we get the right guy

We Want Winston

vCash
    I've gotta agree with BucsSox. I won't say that we have to take a DE or DT with our 1st pick, but generating pressure on the opposing QB is the only way to win. Teams that invest in guys up front stay competitive. And while I like Bennett, Clayborn, and Bowers, they all have question marks at this point. If we take a defensive lineman early I won't be surprised.

vCash
    Free Agency:

WR- I like Cribbs in the slot and as punt returner

TE- M. Bennett, A. Fasano, and H. Miller are the best blockers with starting qualities of the group. Sice it looks like we value that more in a TE I would keep my eyes on these 3.

RT- S. Volmer is one of the best in the league. Doubt NE lets him go. Tony Pashos and Paul Loadholt are possibilities.

OLB- The best 2 4-3 OLB's are E. henderson and M. Lawson. We passed on both last year. What will change this year? Might be another high round draft pick taking Q. Blacks spot

CB- I look at the list of free agent CB's and I do not see a single upgrade over Talib. Not sure what we can do here if he is not re-signed! Rogers-Cromarte?

FS- J. Byrd would be my most sought out for free agent. I also like K. Phillips and Jamarca Sanford.

Draft:

I see both sides of the arguement on taking a d-linemen in the draft. We have 3 good, starting caliber DE's, all three could develop into being great, but no actual studs at this time. Next to the QB, I would say having a stud DE is more valuable then any other position. If the best player on the board was a DE I would have no choice but to pull the trigger, but to say we have to draft a D-lineman in the first is absurd!

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast