Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    stay grab the best corner available
    i dont see us getting Milliner either the Lions or Titans will take him. we could still get Banks, or Rhodes(who i think will go in the first round) a couple spots later and get some extra picks, or even trade back get an extra second rounder, Select Kenny Vaccaro, then take Jordan Poyer and Desmond Trufant with those second rounders

Bears, Vikings, and Rams could be potential trade partners

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chris05676 View Post
    i dont see us getting Milliner either the Lions or Titans will take him. we could still get Banks, or Rhodes(who i think will go in the first round) a couple spots later and get some extra picks, or even trade back get an extra second rounder, Select Kenny Vaccaro, then take Jordan Poyer and Desmond Trufant with those second rounders

Bears, Vikings, and Rams could be potential trade partners
    trade back and get the guy snatched right out from underneath you.....forget the whole reach philosophy it's bs....this is your pick who do you want on your team...take him and move on

im not willing to miss a guy to get an extra little pick...we dont need extra picks we need quality guys with the picks we have....no need for more than 8 rookies

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    If we stay and go CB it better be Roby. He's better then milliner and Rhodes banks IMO. I trust OSU's pedigree of DBs than FSU and Bama Miss st
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    logan thomas, tyler bray, Zac Dysert, etc

hell, someone that we can possibly groom into a starter

50/50 on freeman right now
    I agree 110% someone needs to be brought in...What are everyones thoughts on maybe trading for Osweiler from Denver?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    If we stay and go CB it better be Roby. He's better then milliner and Rhodes banks IMO. I trust OSU's pedigree of DBs than FSU and Bama Miss st
    He's not going to declare. He has two more years of eligibility, widely expected he will return for next season and then leave 1 year early.

i dont know about your pedigree assumption either...bama and fsu have had some serious talent...deion went to fsu....fsu has always produced decent dbs and bama is clearly the premier defensive powerhouse in the nation

roby is right up there with milliner and banks, like i said tho id be shocked if he declared, havent heard him mentioned in one mock, ranking or big board

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    loving Walter's picks this week.
    1. Banks
    2. Rhodes
    3. Greene

That would make our defense a ton better especially with a FA or 2

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I took a good look at free agency today, and there are a few guys that I think we should be looking to target.

1. J. Byrd is still #1 on my list, and W. Gholston would be completely okay as well. Both of these guys are excellent FS's, and if we can grab one of them, it would be one less need to address in the draft.

2. M. Bennett, TE. I have been saying all along that he is the TE that I think we should target, and after looking through them all again, my pick has not changed.

3. A. Collie, WR. Not a real sexy pick but I think it would be a good fit. We are in need of a true slot reciever, and Collie is just that. He excels in short yardage plays in the slot, which is an area that we really struggle in. He would be cheap.

4. A. Brown, OT, CIN. This is a luxury pick that will prolly not happen because I doubt Cin will let one of the best RT's in the NFL walk. It would also be difficult for us to justify putting more money into the O-line, but w/ Joseph and Nicks back, plus one of the best RT's in the NFL, we would have an unstoppable O-line. RT's are not nearly as expensive as LT's.

5. Finally, a CB. I have not figured out which one (or 3) I think would fit the best, but these are the names I am looking at.
    B. Grimes
    DRC
    Derek Cox
    Chris Houston
    Sean Spence
    Carry Williams
    L. Mckelvin

I would be interested to hear some feedback on any of these CB;s that you guys are familiar w/ besides Grimes and DRC, who I feel I know pretty well.

As far as the QB question that keep coming up, my preference is to draft a guy in the mid-rounds as insurance. It does not mean you are giving up on your qb. NE, Wsh, and Den all did it last year, even though they were set at the #1 spot. I really like T. Wilson and M. Glenen, but would not be willing to use a pick anytime before the 3rd round.
    Last edited by aecon13; 12-25-2012 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    He's not going to declare. He has two more years of eligibility, widely expected he will return for next season and then leave 1 year early.

i dont know about your pedigree assumption either...bama and fsu have had some serious talent...deion went to fsu....fsu has always produced decent dbs and bama is clearly the premier defensive powerhouse in the nation

roby is right up there with milliner and banks, like i said tho id be shocked if he declared, havent heard him mentioned in one mock, ranking or big board
    I mentioned pedigree and u mentioned a CB drafted in the 80s for Florida State? I see your Deion and raise you Shawn Springs Chris Gamble Nate Clements donte whitner Antoine Winfeild Malcolm Jenkins. " That's a pedigree. I'm sure he'll declare pending where agents have his draft stock
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    trade back and get the guy snatched right out from underneath you.....forget the whole reach philosophy it's bs....this is your pick who do you want on your team...take him and move on

im not willing to miss a guy to get an extra little pick...we dont need extra picks we need quality guys with the picks we have....no need for more than 8 rookies
    I agree w/ your stance if there is a guy who they truly want like they wanted Barron. But if they are sitting at 12, and they like Banks, Rhodes, Mosley, Reid, and Vaccaro, then I say trade down. Plenty will change with draft stocks between now and April so we will have to make a better judgement in a few months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I took a good look at free agency today, and there are a few guys that I think we should be looking to target.

1. J. Byrd is still #1 on my list, and W. Gholston would be completely okay as well. Both of these guys are excellent FS's, and if we can grab one of them, it would be one less need to address in the draft.

2. M. Bennett, TE. I have been saying all along that he is the TE that I think we should target, and after looking through them all again, my pick has not changed.

3. A. Collie, WR. Not a real sexy pick but I think it would be a good fit. We are in need of a true slot reciever, and Collie is just that. He excels in short yardage plays in the slot, which is an area that we really struggle in. He would be cheap.

4. A. Brown, OT, CIN. This is a luxury pick that will prolly not happen because I doubt Cin will let one of the best RT's in the NFL walk. It would also be difficult for us to justify putting more money into the O-line, but w/ Joseph and Nicks back, plus one of the best RT's in the NFL, we would have an unstoppable O-line. RT's are not nearly as expensive as LT's.

5. Finally, a CB. I have not figured out which one (or 3) I think would fit the best, but these are the names I am looking at.
    B. Grimes
    DRC
    Derek Cox
    Chris Houston
    Sean Spence
    Carry Williams
    L. Mckelvin

I would be interested to hear some feedback on any of these CB;s that you guys are familiar w/ besides Grimes and DRC, who I feel I know pretty well.

As far as the QB question that keep coming up, my preference is to draft a guy in the mid-rounds as insurance. It does not mean you are giving up on your qb. NE, Wsh, and Den all did it last year, even though they were set at the #1 spot. I really like T. Wilson and M. Glenen, but would not be willing to use a pick anytime before the 3rd round.
    I like everything except two things.

Austin Collie is horrible, the guys on IR with a busted knee and has had serious concussions for the past 3 seasons. I personally don't see how he doesn't retire. Why would we want a slot guy with a bum knee and concussion problems, who was never that great.

Probably should of ended your list a little eary. Carry Williams and McKelvin are not very good corners. Wouldn't want Williams. Wouldn't mind McKelvin as a PR/KR and a backup corner...that's about all he's good for. The rest of the corners are worth taking a look at and Im sure they will.

I love Byrd but Buffalo has a better shot at locking him up than SF does with Goldson. SF is projected currently to only have about 3 mil in cap room. I think he tests the market and Byrd gets resigned. Would love either one tho to school young Barron like VJax has Mike

lol did you have DE on your mind...were you thinking d. goldson and wrote w. gholston?
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 12-25-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Let's go Bucs

vCash

really? because trading back last year gave us the firepower to trade up for Doug Martin and Lavonte David. damn good thing we had those extra "little" picks

vCash
    that was last year and this is this year, there is a difference betwen going in having 6 picks last year and 8 this year, paired with the fact of where we were picking....look at what happened to the rams, they traded back wanting blackmon didnt get him, traded back wanting floyd didnt get him had to take a dl....

we have 2 4ths which we had none at this time last year and thats what he used to move up so by my calculation, he could do roughly the same thing as last year with the ammo he already has....and if you notice in last years draft only the first 3 guys have contributed anything...im for staying put or even moving up a few spots with our first 3 picks if the price is cheap enough like last year

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    that was last year and this is this year, there is a difference betwen going in having 6 picks last year and 8 this year, paired with the fact of where we were picking....look at what happened to the rams, they traded back wanting blackmon didnt get him, traded back wanting floyd didnt get him had to take a dl....

we have 2 4ths which we had none at this time last year and thats what he used to move up so by my calculation, he could do roughly the same thing as last year with the ammo he already has....and if you notice in last years draft only the first 3 guys have contributed anything...im for staying put or even moving up a few spots with our first 3 picks if the price is cheap enough like last year
    okay so maybe this year the Rams don't want to make the same mistake. currently they have the 17th and 22nd pick in the first round. But you have the Carolina Panthers picking 13th who could take the top WR prospect if all the Top DTs are gone. Pittsburgh Steelers at 14 who could take the top WR prospect if they lose Wallace this off season. and the Miami Dolphins at 15 who will be looking for a number one target for their QB. The Rams might also want to move up to select a offensive tackle before Miami who will not likely resign Jake Long. or the Steelers who still need need offensive line help.

We could trade the Rams our 12th pick in the first round swap the 4th rounder we got from the Pats, give the Rams out 6th and 7th rounders for the Rams 22nd pick in the first round, their 2nd rounder, 4th and 5th rounders.

or we could trade our 12th over all pick , swap the 4th rounder we got from the Pats, and our 6th rounder for their 17th over all pick, 3rd rounder, swap the 4th, get a 5th rounder, and swap 6th rounders

that would give us the 22nd pick, two 2nd rounders, 3rd RD, two 4th RD, two 5th RD we would still have our 8 picks but just at a higher value.

or we could have the 17th pick, 2nd RD, two 3rd RD, two 4th RD, two 5th RD, 6th RD, and 7th Rd. giving us 10 picks to work with
    Last edited by chris05676; 12-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    im not ready to get into any cockamamie trade talk....i feel pretty confident neither of those situations is going to happen

there is absolutely no reason to move back and gather more picks....we are right on the cusp of where we wanna be...3-4 really solid draft picks and a good fa haul and were in the playoffs next year.

jordan poyer looking tough right now.....reminds me of cortland finnegan for some reason

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    If the Bucs lose this Sunday, they could conceivably end up holding the sixth overall pick, while they could hold the 15th overall pick if they manage to win
    http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/12/24...1th-and-rising
    I'm sorry "go atl". I've wanted Manti T'eo too long to miss an opportuny at him or Moore.

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast