Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    woods, hunter, allen...none of them really bring anything new to the table. The reason Arrelious Benn has not been a bigger part of this offense is because he is too similar to Mike and Vincent, we need a true slot guy. Tiquan doesn't belong in the slot.

I think the more complete teams at the end of the first could take a shot on Austin. I'm hoping they take a shot on one of the other big time WRs that are out there in the draft. Allen, Hunter, Woods, Patterson, Williams, Rogers...Im hoping enough guys go ahead of Tavon that he falls to where we can get him. He's only 5'9 and it might be smaller than that when they officially measure him, hopefully he gets to us or we can go get him for cheap. IF not I hope theres a good corner or free safety available in round 2.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chris05676 View Post
    oh well then he is wrong lol
    He interchanges with CJ Mosely and Trey DePriest at the ILB positions
    I feel he would benifit from scheme change a move from the 3-4 to the 4-3 would be good for him I believe
    weakside inside linebacker i should say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    woods, hunter, allen...none of them really bring anything new to the table. The reason Arrelious Benn has not been a bigger part of this offense is because he is too similar to Mike and Vincent, we need a true slot guy. Tiquan doesn't belong in the slot.

I think the more complete teams at the end of the first could take a shot on Austin. I'm hoping they take a shot on one of the other big time WRs that are out there in the draft. Allen, Hunter, Woods, Patterson, Williams, Rogers...Im hoping enough guys go ahead of Tavon that he falls to where we can get him. He's only 5'9 and it might be smaller than that when they officially measure him, hopefully he gets to us or we can go get him for cheap. IF not I hope theres a good corner or free safety available in round 2.
    I would like steadman bailey a whole lot more. Austins size scares me (170). im not sure how his frame will hold up an entire season/ career. Bailey on the other hand it an endzone magnet 34 touchdowns in 2 years. he is about 25 more pounds than Austin. I also feel from watching west vergina play that Bailey is more polished at eciever but what makes Austin so valuble is his ability a utility man. he can recieve, run, return kicks. But we are looking for a slot not a utility man and Bailey fits better in my opinion

vCash
    Dom loves to draft guys who were captains in college (McCoy, Watson, Lorig, Clayborn, Foster, Stocker, Barron, Martin, David) so you have to look at that. Those are just the guys who are still on the team. So someone like Johnthan Banks looks to fit the mold, he’s also a good return guy. Not as exciting as Austin(couldn’t find if he was a captain or not) but if we can kill 2 birds with one stone then why not?

Heres a little bit of his returns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrV1ii6yPM

vCash
    My first full round mock draft:
    1. KC: M. Te'o, ILB
    2. Jax: D. Moore, DE
    3. Oak: B. Mingo, DE
    4. Philly: L. Joeckel, OT
    5. Car: S. Lotulelei
    6. Tenn: C. warmack: OG
    7. Ari: G. Smith, QB
    8. Det: B. Werner, DE
    9. SD: T. Lawson, OT
    10. Buff: M. Barkley, QB
    11. Mia: D. Milliner, CB
    12. Clev: D. Jordan, DE
    13. NO: S. Montgomery, DE
    14. TB: J. Jenkins, DT
    15. NYJ: J. Jones, OLB
    16. St. L: K. Vaccaro, SS
    17. Cin: A. Ogletree, ILB
    18. St.L: J. Matthews, OT
    19. Dallas: J. Cooper, OG
    20. Minn: J. Hankins, DT
    21. Pitt: E. Fisher, OT
    22. Chi: T. Eifert, TE
    23. Sea: K. Allen, WR
    24. NYG: J. Banks, CB
    25. IND: B. Jones, OC/OG
    26. Balt: E. Reid, FS
    27. GB: D. Thomas, OT
    28. SF: S. Williams, DT
    29: Den: K. Short, DT
    30. NE: J. Hunter, WR
    31. Atl: S. Richardson, DT
    32. Hou: X. Rhodes, CB

Mock is a little flawed. I really don't see Jarvis Jones lassting until 15, but really didn't see another team ahead of them that needed a 3-4 OLB. Someone would prolly grab him earlier on value alone.

I also don't see us drafting anything besides a DB in the first, but with Milliner off the board, E. Reid and J. Banks would be big reaches this earlier. We would prolly try to trade up for Milliner or trade down for Banks/Reid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    Dom loves to draft guys who were captains in college (McCoy, Watson, Lorig, Clayborn, Foster, Stocker, Barron, Martin, David) so you have to look at that. Those are just the guys who are still on the team. So someone like Johnthan Banks looks to fit the mold, he’s also a good return guy. Not as exciting as Austin(couldn’t find if he was a captain or not) but if we can kill 2 birds with one stone then why not?

Heres a little bit of his returns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrV1ii6yPM
    Yea, have been making that point all along now. It is why I really feel J. Banks is the most likely target in the first round.

vCash
    It only makes sense and Dom has a protocol he seems to follow. I am up for anything making this defense better. So if it is a DL/DE who is on the board then i’m all for it. I just really think this is our pick. We get back all our OL who are on IR next year so i only see our offense getting better so stick on the defensive side.

vCash
    @Chris...who said we're not looking for a utility guy? Roscoe is on a one year deal, he's done at the end of the year. We need a solid PR/KR and there is no reason our slot guy can't do that. I know Austin runs the ball a little bit, normall out of un-conventional formations, if I'm not wrong, similar to what Randall Cobb has done for GB. I am all in on a guy that can be our slot reciever, punt returner, kick returner, and run the ball effectively when called upon(to help limit our star, stud running backs touches a little). Two birds with one stone, how bout four birds with one stone.

Just to clear it up, I'm not talking about using our first, I want Milliner, Banks or Rhodes with the first. I am talking about either using our second or moving up with our second to get Austin ONLY. If that can't happen I wouldn't mind going after a Bailey in the 3-5 round range, Denard Robinson could also be an option, if Schiano and Dom want a project on their hands(Dom has shown this willingness in the past, Lorig, Dotson etc.)

@aecon Banks and Rhodes wouldn't be a huge reach where we are, there was a fear 2 weeks ago we could miss out on all 3. I have seen tons of mocks with all 3 going top 20 or even top 15. Drafttek currently has us taking Poyer in the 1st(which is crazy and stupid). I am almost certain Banks goes top 20. I would love it if he was the pick, would also love the best corner in the draft Milliner or the FSU product Rhodes. Any of the 3 would make me extremely happy.

John Jenkins has been sliding a little bit lately, if he makes it to the second round he could be a target. I think him or Star would be a great fit next to Gerald but I dont wanna see a DL pick in the first 2 rounds at all.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    If they don't go slot WR early (2-5 rounds) and they try to go late, Marquise Goodwin out of Texas could be an option, dude is fast. A lot of people say hes the fastest kid in college football, but he's raw. He's an olympic long jumper to boot.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    14. TB: J. Jenkins, DT
    If we were getting run on for 150+ yards a game I would be a huge fan of this pick, but as of right now I would be really disappointed with Jenkins or any other defensive tackle. I just don't think an upgrade is needed. We're allowing just under 80 yards a game on the ground, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

From what I understand, Schiano's defense requires the nose tackle to play the "tilt nose" position which doesn't require a 350 lb mammoth like Jenkins playing inside. We just need a smart player like Roy Miller to take on his assignment and so far he's being doing a fine job. Even Gary Gibson looked solid last week when he started against the Eagles.

What's the rest of your mock look like?

vCash
    Have any of you guys heard of CB Robert Alfred of Southeastern Louisiana? He could be the next Dominique Rogers-Cromartie and get drafted very early despite coming from a small school. He reportedly has 4.3 speed with elite athleticism and play-making ability. Definitely someone to keep an eye on...

I hate linking to Bleacher Report, but it's pretty much the only thing I could find about him:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-robert-alford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    If we were getting run on for 150+ yards a game I would be a huge fan of this pick, but as of right now I would be really disappointed with Jenkins or any other defensive tackle. I just don't think an upgrade is needed. We're allowing just under 80 yards a game on the ground, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

From what I understand, Schiano's defense requires the nose tackle to play the "tilt nose" position which doesn't require a 350 lb mammoth like Jenkins playing inside. We just need a smart player like Roy Miller to take on his assignment and so far he's being doing a fine job. Even Gary Gibson looked solid last week when he started against the Eagles.

What's the rest of your mock look like?
    Only thing is our Run D stats might be a little inflated since everyone and there uncle knows they can throw against our secondary.

vCash
    ^ Very true.

vCash
    I dont think thats the case, our opponents get 3.3 ypc that is the best for any defense in the league. They are running against us they're just not getting yards.

For instance..Seattle is the tenth best rush defense in the NFL

Seattle 309 carries 1370 yards 4.4 ypc 10th in NFL
    Tampa Bay 309 carries 1017 yards 3.3 ypc 1st in NFL

With that said, Roy Miller is not vital to this defense. I won't pretend to know all the intricacies of Schiano's defense and what he wants from a NT but I think he can be upgraded quite easily and prob. inexpensively through FA...Roy Miller starting next year wouldn't be horrible either. It's all up to Dom and Schiano.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    1. Kansas City (2-11) Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    2. Jacksonville (2-11) Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia
    3. Oakland (3-10) Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    4. Philadelphia (4-9) Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    5. Carolina (4-9) Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
    6. Tennessee (4-9) DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
    7. Arizona (4-9) Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    8. Detroit (4-9) Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    9. San Diego (5-8) Jake Mathews, OT, Texas A&M