Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    ^^^Moving Foster makes Zero sense...you dont let a player get comfortable, develop him allow him to produce and then move him...that is a bad recipe

Te'o will not come in and be a beter MLB then Foster is right now...you put him at Sam or pass on him...moving Mason or David is the wrong move..

Playing guys out of position = a lot of busts
    Dude OLB is his natural position. Stop talkin like he's unmovable. U forget we pursue MLB's in to offseason? You know Navarro bowman was once a olb? DJ Williams beason Cushing etc, guys move all the time and Te'o will be better than him.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Having Foster, David, and Te'o all on our roster would be a great problem to have. I just don't see that being a realistic scenario at this point when our offense is struggling to put up points and our secondary is getting torched. Our linebacking core is playing pretty solid football right now and that is with Quincy Black starting.

It's hard to predict our draft position in April, but my best guess is we will be drafting a Cornerback or a new Quarterback if Josh can't put together a successful season.

We Want Winston!

vCash
    ^^^ good point.

But damn teo would be nice in pewter red ... solid CB/QB prospects can be found in the 2nd-3rd rounds

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Having Foster, David, and Te'o all on our roster would be a great problem to have. I just don't see that being a realistic scenario at this point when our offense is struggling to put up points and our secondary is getting torched. Our linebacking core is playing pretty solid football right now and that is with Quincy Black starting.

It's hard to predict our draft position in April, but my best guess is we will be drafting a Cornerback or a new Quarterback if Josh can't put together a successful season.
    Reminds me of the skit "White People Problems" from SNL the last time that Barkley hosted.

Enjoy:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...blems/1377399/

I AM the Old School

vCash
    I think we'll go OLB/MLB or CB...maybe WR

Dee Milliner, CB
    Johnthan Banks, CB
    David Amerson, CB
    Jarvis Jones, OLB
    Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB
    Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB
    Manti Te'o, MLB
    Barrett Jones, C/OG/OT
    Chance Warmack, OG
    DJ Fluker, OT/OG
    Dallas Thomas, OG, OT
    Robert Woods, WR
    Justin HUnter, WR
    Eric Reid, FS

vCash
    ^^^Over OL, DL, or TE? We just spent big money at both WR and CB and have drafted starters at LB each of the last 2 years. And while we did just sign Nicks to a huge deal, we'll probably be looking for a new RT and you never know what can happen in regard to Davin's injury.

vCash
    I am rewriting this...i wrote it the other day and somehow i hit back and i lost it all...hate when that happens

The needs that I see getting adressed in FA and the draft

Defense
    Definite:
    FS - Ronde is retiring, guys behind him should not be starting...to maximize Barron you need to give him a complimentary FS...should be a top 5 concern no ifs and or buts
    SAM OLB - Quincy Black needs to go he doesnt play on passing downs and hes not great when he is in there...he wants to stay hed be a fine backup for the right price...Top 5 concern
    Nickel corner aka 3rd corner - biggers, lewis, mcdonald...enough said? we could use an upgrade here definitely

Possibles:
    #1 Corner - All depends on whether we keep Talib or not, I think we do but if we dont..this is need number one and should be done in FA not draft need a vet not a wet rookie
    DT - dont know what they think of Miller going forward, depends how he plays rest of year and the organizations feelings about him
    Dend - I personally like Clayborn/Bowers on opposite ends..dont know if they go this way or if they want Bennett doing his thing...all 3 are poss. starters going forward only 1 guaranteed is AC if he can get back healthy

Offense:
    Definite:
    Tight End - Might be a top 3 priority if not def. top 5...Clark will be gone, Stocker is decent as a 2nd option/backup...We need a game changer, a TE that can catch and be in the passing game as well as be an efficient block...no jimmy graham aaron hernandez...more of a davis, gronkowski, witten type...big guy who can catch and block..huge need
    OLine - Something will change...wont be the 4 we started this year + dotson...i dont know where the change will be only safe one is nicks...penn, zuttah, dotson have to earn their keep and we have to see whats up with Joseph

Possibles:
    WR - After 83 and 19 we have some issues...I like Benn but some others dont and regardless of whos fault it is hes not involved enough...tiquan and roscoe are replacable to say the least...benn will be with the team not sure if he holds the 3 spot....i dont want any change at 1 and 2 spot tho...those guys are studs...19 is tearing it up..if we had the opportunity to get another great wr in here the team might jump...maybe a speedy or big physical wr in fa...maybe an early pick in the draft...never know

RB - Martin will be around for a long time, not sure where the team is with LGB..I like him and want him to compliment Doug but maybe they go another route and draft/sign someone to compliment him...needs to be at least LGB quality and I dont know how they can find that

Backup QB...could be improved in case Josh does ever go down

We Want Winston

vCash
    Things just change too often and we have too long to go to very know right now. Before the season started I would have said Te'o and Star Lotulelei would be the 2 most obvious prospects for us. Now, with the emergence on M. Foster and R. Miller, that may no longer be the case. I would not have thought Freeman was going to continue to play poorly, and all of the sudden QB prospects are in the mix.

Right now I think RT, TE, OLB, CB, FS are all our biggest needs.

RG and QB could be in there as well.

On the QB debate I really don't know enough about Geno to say one way or another, but I do know he still has to play Texas, K State, TCU, and Oklahoma. So the " he plays against no competition" arguement won't be valid for long. I personally am a Tyler Wilson fan, but he has had a rough start to the season. We will have to see how it plays out.

vCash
    none of those teams are really that gret defensively...i dont see his play style working in the nfl period...jamarcus russell

i dont know if we can make such a declaration about RT...Dotson does some things well and hes young...he played d line for one season in college and he switched to oline in the pros and he hasnt started until now...maybe they think they can continue to develop him

We Want Winston

vCash
    No love for Ahmad Black? The guy looks like a playmaker to me.

vCash
    He is but only in a limited role...I think he has starter potential but I feel if you want to get the most out of Mark Barron give him a FS that is close to him talent wise

Notable FA FS 2013
    DaShon Goldson - dont know if SF will let him go...this would be my number 1 FA choice if I were picking
    Jairus Byrd...would be huge for us, wow I cant even imagine Byrd and Barron patrolling our secondary
    Kenny Phillips
    Patrick Chung

Id absolutely love Goldson or Byrd, but Phillips is a beast and Chung is really good and young

We Want Winston

vCash

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I'll take Heath Miller and Jake Long with a side of paul kruger please.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend. Congrats 99 HOF 2013!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonm08522 View Post
    I'll take Heath Miller and Jake Long with a side of paul kruger please.
    With a dash of mike Wallace

vCash
    I just think we need some more white dudes on the squad.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend. Congrats 99 HOF 2013!!!

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast