Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I had gotten on the draft a CB bandwagon…. However I am done. We can get a decent CB or 3 in the FA market or the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Honestly more pass rush will enhance the coverage we have. After seeing Manning in that game and hearing the radio announcers (WDAE) cracking jokes today about how The Bronco’s staff doesn’t even have to wash his jersey I’m done….. WE NEED TO FIX THIS QB PREASURE PROBLEM ASAP (AS IN YESTERDAY)…. I say we draft the best End or Interior lineman available in round 1. Maybe we should even move up to get a better talent.

vCash
    ^^^^This argument would be extremely relevant....if we didnt have Adrian Clayborn coming back, one of the best young 4-3 DE's in the league

@aecon...we prob will be trying to get banks or rhodes i assume, milliner should be top 10 or borderline at worst.....the fact is banks and rhodes have potential pouring off them...would love for one of those guys to be on the team. The rest of the draft really depends on FA for me but I cant budge on corner in the first

what does everyone this about Margus Hunt the DE out of SMU hes super interesting because hes probably the biggest athletic freak in the entire draft 6'8 280lbs 82" wingspan, he has benched 225 35 times in the past, its reported for the combine he should be up around 45 times and run a 4.6 40 yard dash...In his first three years he blocked 14 kicks..yeah 14..3rd in ncaa history after his junior year...i know hes had more this year I just dont know how many....He is a discus and shot put track standout that really wants to play football and only has been playing for a couple years. Ton of potential crazy beast size and athleticism...ive seen him projected anywhere from late 1st to the 5th round

This is the kind of gamble that could really pay dividends especially if we get him in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds...oh no character issues that I know of
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 12-04-2012 at 10:24 AM.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    ^^^^This argument would be extremely relevant....if we didnt have Adrian Clayborn coming back, one of the best young 4-3 DE's in the league

@aecon...we prob will be trying to get banks or rhodes i assume, milliner should be top 10 or borderline at worst.....the fact is banks and rhodes have potential pouring off them...would love for one of those guys to be on the team. The rest of the draft really depends on FA for me but I cant budge on corner in the first

what does everyone this about Margus Hunt the DE out of SMU hes super interesting because hes probably the biggest athletic freak in the entire draft 6'8 280lbs 82" wingspan, he has benched 225 35 times in the past, its reported for the combine he should be up around 45 times and run a 4.6 40 yard dash...In his first three years he blocked 14 kicks..yeah 14..3rd in ncaa history after his junior year...i know hes had more this year I just dont know how many....He is a discus and shot put track standout that really wants to play football and only has been playing for a couple years. Ton of potential crazy beast size and athleticism...ive seen him projected anywhere from late 1st to the 5th round

This is the kind of gamble that could really pay dividends especially if we get him in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds...oh no character issues that I know of

I hear you Bro, but this is what I am thinking…. Who on our line has done anything legit in this league yet? Aside from potential they are all basically unknowns or question marks. Further, all of them have or had in the past serious injury complications except Benette. Now I know your gonna say, just cause there are injured now or in the past does not mean they always will be. My response is depth is not a bad thing. What happens if 1-2 of them go down again next year we are right back in this spot again.... Bottom line we need more rush.

Also I know I said this would never happen but maybe we could go after Honey Badger in a later round? Maybe Shiano's type of structure could help him? Kid is athletically talented and we do need some CB who can play. Also he is a special team’s guy and lord knows we need help there too……. I know it crazy and I am a supporter of the disciplinarian concept but dang he could help us a lot assuming he doesn’t get convicted for like drug trafficking or what not.

vCash
    I posted something similar to this but considering this is the draft thread here we go!
    I was all in for getting DRC in FA but after watching what Dez did him on Sunday night it was not pretty and also he doesn't seem like a very good tackler (another Aqib good in coverage but a poor tackler) I would like to see us make a trade with one or both of our 4ths I mean if freakin atlanta can get asante for 7th what could we do with both of those?! Go after the disgruntled Revis anyone?!?!?(I know I know I'm dreaming) As for the draft I agree we gotta get after the QB so Werner from FSU I wouldn't mind or montgomery

vCash
    @Hammy...I have heard that argument from plenty on here..but I see it from a different angle

We have young guys who have not proved themselves, is the answer adding another young guy who has not proved himself?

Clayborn and Bowers were drafted in 2010.
    Adrian Clayborn is a good DE from everything I have seen. He led the teams in sacks last year, he has a high motor, he is durable(this year was a freak injury). He has everything you would look for in a DE, and I dont think you can find anybody better than him this year with where we are drafting.
    DaQuan has not been 100% for periods of time with us, but I am not worried about health long term. He has what it takes to be a hell of a pass rusher in this league. We need to continue developing him, let him get his reps in and watch where he goes.

Gerald McCoy is a stud and the best player on this defense and the best defensive player in Tampa since 55. He is a beast and one of the top 3 DTs in the league for sure. He is a stud. He is consistantly pushing the pile, blowing people up, making backs go where they dont want to go and funnelling them to where the D wants them to be. Lack of production around him kind of hurts.

Roy Miller is extremely debatable and Bennett is decent, especially against the run and some times effective as a rusher, but is debatable.

Heres what I see happening/Want to happen(and this isnt meant to persuade anybody or anything else, so nobody *****)
    Bring Back:
    Gerald McCoy - definite starter
    DaQuan Bowers - really push him to get to where we all know he can be(was a top 5 pick before the injury) and really be devoted to at least getting him into a solid rotation - poss. starter or at least serious playing time in a rotation
    Adrian Clayborn - Get him back healthy, and I think he will have 0 problems I follow him on twitter and his recovery is going very well - definite starter

Question Marks
    Roy Miller and Michael Bennett are question marks...do we want to move forward with the, replace them with veteran FAs or draft guys to come in and play. I think we do something in FA and something in the draft but I dont think it needs to be another 1st round pick on the d line..we already have 2 of the last 3

I wouldnt mind looking at a veteran NT to put next to McCoy and really turn it up. A guy like Sopoaga out in SF really would put pressure on other teams inside, even in the passing game. There are other suitable options that are an upgrade over Miller. Wouldnt be mad if they stuck with Miller.

I would not mind drafting a DE but I say we pick and choose our spots. Brandon Jenkins was a beast, Lisfranc injury is not that bad of an injury. Tank Carradines injury is a little more bothersome but we should be able to get him in the 4th or later. Margus Hunt who I just mentioned would be great to bring in and let compete and possibly rotate. Even if we sign a FA NT we could still go draft another guy for depth purposes.

@PFISH we heard u homie, and a lot of us feel the same way about DRC. There are question marks but he does have more talent and ability than 99% of the guys hitting the market. We normally dont get lucky like ATL or Chicago(Marshall trade)...you mentioned Brent Grimes but hes over 30 and coming off an ACL injury, same with Revis except hes a couple years younger.

Nnamdi is garbage, nobody wants him. Grimes and DRC are the only guys that would make sense and DRC doesnt have a busted ACL. If Schiano and Dom are able to talk to him and get him to buy in this could be the kind of situation that takes DRC to that next level.

We Want Winston

vCash
    1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
    2. David Amerson CB/FS NC State
    3. Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
    4. Margus Hunt DE Southern Methodist
    4. Michael Williams TE Alabama
    5. Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State
    6. Ray Graham RB Pittsburgh
    7. Marcus Sales WR Syracuse

Thoughts?

We Want Winston

vCash
    @bwall I agree on miller he could be either or he's not much of a pass rusher so getting a Terrance Knighton from Jacksonville to team with McCoy would be nice, but if Bennett gets double digit sacks this year I think we'd be hard pressed to let a guy walk who was the first guy to get double digit sacks since Simeon Rice and he's in his prime. Although I would't mind Michael Johnson from Cincy you can't have too many pass rushers

On the draft front any of the top corners will be a WELCOME addition but keep your eye out on Logan Ryan also from Rutgers he's a corner possibly in the later rounds. Also does anyone know why Tandy isn't getting any reps? I mean is he just a bust or what he can't be any worse than what we got going on out there!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    @bwall I agree on miller he could be either or he's not much of a pass rusher so getting a Terrance Knighton from Jacksonville to team with McCoy would be nice, but if Bennett gets double digit sacks this year I think we'd be hard pressed to let a guy walk who was the first guy to get double digit sacks since Simeon Rice and he's in his prime. Although I would't mind Michael Johnson from Cincy you can't have too many pass rushers

On the draft front any of the top corners will be a WELCOME addition but keep your eye out on Logan Ryan also from Rutgers he's a corner possibly in the later rounds. Also does anyone know why Tandy isn't getting any reps? I mean is he just a bust or what he can't be any worse than what we got going on out there!
    My thoughts are Miller and Bennett puts the team in a wierd position, you dont wanna look elsewhere and get burned but at the same time if they can get a better player for the same money or not much more why not do it. I see Miller getting replaced before Bennett.

I know Logan Ryan, I am a HUGE Cuse fan so Im all about the Big East, hes decent I think hell prob go 3rd, Id just like to see top 2 picks throw at corner like we did with DT and DE....Ryans stock has ben rising fyi...think hes projected 2-4 right now

Tandys a 5th round project they wanted to move from corner to free safety. I think he just doesnt have what it takes to really contribute anything to this team at this time. Hes labeled as the backup SS and the third string FS...with Ronde playing some nickel hes basically our backup safety...hopefully we dont have to see him out there anytime soon.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
    2. David Amerson CB/FS NC State
    3. Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
    4. Margus Hunt DE Southern Methodist
    4. Michael Williams TE Alabama
    5. Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State
    6. Ray Graham RB Pittsburgh
    7. Marcus Sales WR Syracuse

Thoughts?
    I like the first 3 picks. I have not studied the draft enough yet to really go beyond 3 rounds.

In regards to Miller and Bennett, I think it comes down to how much they demand in the offseason. I would be careful not to overpay either of them. If it's not broken, then don't fix it. They are both solid players, and not players that make you scream upgrade the way that Q. Black does, and Sean Jones did. They are also both pretty young, and having the best seasons of their careers. You could make the point that there is a possibility neither of them have hit their ceiling yet. It's a tough call, but I would rather see us upgrade through free agency w/ those positions instead of the draft. If we try to replace good players with players that are unproven, we could get worse instead of better.

vCash
    ^^^Couldn't have said it better myself, if there asking too much I say let them walk and replace them with Michael Johnson and Terrance Knighton or Randy Starks all of whom are at least equal in talent and probably better.

vCash
    First mock:
    1. J. Banks: CB, Miss St.
    2. T. Jefferson: FS, Okl
    3. K. Greene: OLB, Rutgers
    4. L. Black Jr: DT, Ind
    4. J. Fauria: TE, UCLA
    5. R. Wagner: OT, Wisc
    6. D. Harris: DB/PR, Tex A&M

vCash
    Not bad...I think thats a really low eval for Wagner...think he goes late 2nd-early 4th

Im a bit optimistic in my projections as well...lol rounds 2-4 probably depend a lot on free agency

We Want Winston

vCash
    My biggest concern is that Milliner, Rhodes, and Banks might be off the board. What do they do then? Do they reach to get a cornerback?

Plus there's always a chance that they could pass on one of the top corner prospects, too, kind of like last year when they passed on Claiborne. If that happens, I'm all about taking the best player available. (Not including RB, SS, WLB, etc.)

I'm probably going to get blasted for saying this, but I would love to see the Buccaneers draft WR Cordarrelle Patterson of Tennessee in rounds one or two. Receiver is already one of our biggest strengths, but I just think he's way too talented to ignore. In my opinion, he reminds me of a bigger Percy Harvin. He has elite speed, quickness and agility, and plays all over the field. He can line up in the slot, on the outside, or even at running back in certain packages. He's also arguably the best return man right now in college football. He would be a great solution to our return game and would be another shiny new toy for Freeman to play with.

Who are some non-cornerbacks that you guys like in round one?

We Want Winston!

vCash
    Quik...this draft is gonna be nuts dude, after last year wow....right around the corner, hopefully we end the season the right way.

Milliner, Banks and Rhodes would all be great corners for us wherever we pick in round 1. I have seen mocks and heard talk of us missing out on all of them. But I have also seen mocks where we take the first corner off the board. The higher the pick the better our chance. Last year 3 corners in the top 17. Could be something similar this year.

I would suggest that they not reach on a corner unless its a small reach, like a 4th corner impresses pre draft and is projected to go late 1st and the Bucs really like him.

If those 3 are gone I would look at trading down with a team like Cincy who may have a later 1st than us and 2 2nd round picks, Im sure they could provide a decent package...

If we are stuck in the pick and all 3 are gone, you look at positions of need in some weighted form with players available and take the best combination. It really all depends on their board...if all 3 corners are gone I would suspect there are decent OLineman DLineman WRs and Safeties all available at that pick.

I highly doubt all 3 are gone by the time we pick unless we make the playoffs, and in that case maybe we try to move up a couple spots with that new england pick to grab one of those guys.

Pattersons a decent reciever but I see him more late 2nd-early 3rd range. Hes 6 or 7 on my board right now. Theres definitely a couple recievers I would rather see us target before him, but thats just me.
    1. Keenan Allen
    2. Robert Woods
    3. Justin Hunter
    4. Terrance Williams
    5. Deandre Hopkins
    Then Patterson Rogers and Austin are jumbled down here. I think as purely a slot guy Austin would probably be the way to go but thats only in the 2nd at our pick and only if Dom wants to draft a WR that high, Im not sure he does or should.

Theres a lot of good 1st round talent this year just not I think we would draft due to players we have. Im not convinced theres any DEs that would be an upgrade. DT depends on FA but the really good ones will be gone in the top 10 Hankins, Lotulelei. I like Reid. Im basically locked in on corner for round 1 so Im the wrong person to answer, I cant imagine us not drafting Rhodes or Banks in round 1, if Dom misses out on them by a couple picks it would be a big mistake. Of course Oline would always be an option specifically RT but Dom doesnt like drafting OLinemen, you can forget it. Its either DLine or DB

We Want Winston

vCash
    Honestly its not the smartest move but I would LOVE it we got Tavon Austin in the 2nd or traded up and get him, Vincent Number 1 Mike number 2 and him in the slot man THAT would be hard to stop. Just watch his game against Oklahoma and tell you wouldn't want him in pewter and red 572 all purpose yards, 344 rushing yards and 2 tds.........

^^^I agree the only way I see us missing out on all 3 corners is if we make the playoffs and pick in the 20's.

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast