Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I honestly think it's too early to assume that. None of us thought C. Upshaw was going to last to the second round last draft. I am not as familiar with K. Greene. I work at FSU, so i am real familiar w/ Rhodes.
    We should target Tank Carradine with our 3rd pick imho. The D-Line is the strength of this draft-class. The opportunity to grab a pass rusher will be there in RD 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleonidas View Post
    We should target Tank Carradine with our 3rd pick imho. The D-Line is the strength of this draft-class. The opportunity to grab a pass rusher will be there in RD 3
    I really dont think we should look at him. Carradine wont even be ready to work out at the combine because he tore his ACL
    we already have an injury prone DE in Bowers and a scheme constricting DE In Clayborn. I dont really want another potential Injury prone DE

vCash
    scheme constricting???? meaning he can only play in a 4-3??

we are a 4-3 and hopefully will always continue to be

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    scheme constricting???? meaning he can only play in a 4-3??

we are a 4-3 and hopefully will always continue to be
    sorry that was a misuse of words. I mean personnel constricting because he has issues playing the left side as far as getting off the edge, due to his erb's palsy. Now im not saying he cant play the left side, im just saying he is a better player on the right side.

Now that being said this years draft and free agent pool is full of talent so i think grabing a leader and all round player like Sam Montgomery to play the left side would be huge. then going after a CB in the second on top of signing a free agent

top free agent targets in order that i feel would fit in Tampa
    Jerraud Powers
    Derek Cox
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    Captain Munnerlyn
    Antoine Cason

vCash
    drc is the only corner on that list id even take a whiff of.....munnerlyn and cason..hell naw

Dont think Sam Montgomery is that special personally or that he or mingo or any of the "elite" pass rushers will be available at 20 something when we pick.

We Want Winston

vCash
    drc is the only corner on that list id even take a whiff of.....munnerlyn and cason..hell naw

Dont think Sam Montgomery is that special personally or that he or mingo or any of the "elite" pass rushers will be available at 20 something when we pick.
    I really like Jerrod Powers and think he would fit in well. Munnerlyn and Cason would be cheap signings that could suffice.
    Montgomery is falling down most draft boards because he and the team are not meeting expectations this season. But he has been a leader for the LSU Defense since becoming a full time starter his sophomore year and he is well rounded as a pass rusher and run defender.

as far as draft position goes right now we are expected to draft 19th over all while looking at walter footballs draft. But we could trade that pick and the 4th rounder we got from the Patriots for the 15th pick from the Rams. We could then select Montgomery a pick ahead of the Saints. Then take Desmond Trufant in the second round and sign one of the Free agent CB

vCash
    I dont wanna listen to a lot of fans ***** about the corner we go get...powers and cox are on a similar level to eric wright...munnerlyn and cason i think arent even as good as wright.

if you wanna sign a corner i say go high end and really try and make a push...id like to see a drc, grimes level of corner grabbed drc being young and still developing prob is the best option.

Me personally I wanna see corner in the first no matter what, get the talent up...if its too much of a reach than look at safety if one hasnt been signed to replace ronde, if we already signed one then its a crap shoot.

Id hate trading up in the 1st...you take that 4th and our 3rd you can prob move back into the 2nd and get a late pick, id like something like that. Dom pulled off some magic last year id like to see that again just not in the 1st

sign DRC and Byrd...corner in the 1st...lb, cb, dline in the 2nd and 3rd...tight end and oline after that

i wouldnt be surprised if they grab a rb in the 3rd round or later with them obv. wanting to get rid of blount...get a back to go behind martin and ahead of ware....could also see a speedy slot guy in the 4th or later

We Want Winston

vCash
    I dont wanna listen to a lot of fans ***** about the corner we go get...powers and cox are on a similar level to eric wright...munnerlyn and cason i think arent even as good as wright.

if you wanna sign a corner i say go high end and really try and make a push...id like to see a drc, grimes level of corner grabbed drc being young and still developing prob is the best option.

Me personally I wanna see corner in the first no matter what, get the talent up...if its too much of a reach than look at safety if one hasnt been signed to replace ronde, if we already signed one then its a crap shoot.

Id hate trading up in the 1st...you take that 4th and our 3rd you can prob move back into the 2nd and get a late pick, id like something like that. Dom pulled off some magic last year id like to see that again just not in the 1st

sign DRC and Byrd...corner in the 1st...lb, cb, dline in the 2nd and 3rd...tight end and oline after that

i wouldnt be surprised if they grab a rb in the 3rd round or later with them obv. wanting to get rid of blount...get a back to go behind martin and ahead of ware....could also see a speedy slot guy in the 4th or later
    Byrd wont make it to the market... Buffalo is already in negotiations about his contract. I would be excited to see DRC in pewter though. I'm also not against taking a Corner in the first round. i'm just throwing out other possibilities.

As far as replacing Blount goes I wouldn't mind signing Brian Leonard he would give us a between the tackles runner who could play fullback and he would give us another receiving option at running back

vCash
    The FA class in CB's is very weak but there are intriguing options at TE we could look at being Fred Davis and Jared Cook and OT class is great Jake Long, Brandon Albert, Clady, and Vollmer all MUCH better than Dotson.

vCash
    Way too much money invested in the offensive line...fred davis is old I like Cook tho..wouldnt mind getting him

Byrd or Goldson would be a great pickup....an elite veteran safety to show Mark Barron the ropes, would give us one of the best safety pairs in the league

We Want Winston

vCash
    I have to admit I have not seen a ton of J. Banks play but the more I see Xavier Rhodes, the more I hope he is a Buccaneer in 2013....He has everything you want in a corner at the professional level.

We Want Winston

vCash
    ill tell you guys this right now.. im from AZ and ive got to see DRC play and its super streaky at times. He would be a good third option but at the price it wouldn't make sense. DRC blows a lot of coverages. I like grimmes better
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4ESkVmxCzCA/TJgFFqxdhmI/AAAAAAAAACQ/yEaxqznjzxc/s1600/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen.jpg
    Diamondbacks
    Tampa Bucs
    PHX Suns
    Coyotes
    kyle MMA record 1-0

vCash
    Here is some good reading material on some of the cornerbacks that we might be targeting:

Xavier Rhodes
    Dee Milliner
    David Amerson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Here is some good reading material on some of the cornerbacks that we might be targeting:

Xavier Rhodes
    Dee Milliner
    David Amerson
    Good reads! I like Milliner, Banks and Rhodes as first round prospects, and I like Amerson as a second round prospect. If the draft was about to happen, Rhodes and Banks would be the most likely targets since they should both be picked in the 2nd half of the first round. i still think that the fact that J. Banks is a captain will hold a lot of weight come draft day. I'm sure we will have plently of time to discuss it.

vCash
    Milliner in the 1st, Tony Jefferson in the 2nd would be my ideal start to the draft!

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast