Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wow rumours now that Manti Te'o could be the first overall pick, One of the few people to stay for there senior year and drastically improve there draft position. Doubt he ends up being the number 1 but still pissed he will never wear pewter!

vCash
    If we get a LB I hope its Khaseem Greene, I used to like Sean Porter as well but IDK anymore

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    via JoeBucsFan
    It’s never to early to talk NFL Draft and delve into the intricate strategies of rockstar general manager Mark Dominik.

The rockstar pulled back the curtain as it relates to his long-standing offensive line philosophy during his interview with Steve Duemig yesterday. Dominik explained that he’s only drafted one offensive lineman among his 30 draft picks and that’s because he believes it’s typically better to see an offensive linemen on some level of the pro game before committing to them.

The prevalence of the spread offense in college has made it more challenging to effectively scout O-linemen, Dominik said, and Dominik pointed to successes with Ted Larsen, Demar Dotson and Jamon Meredith.

“Personally, I like them to develop a little bit in this game and then go get a little more information about [them,] “ Dominik said of studying young linemen prospects after the draft. “So if you can be more meticulous, have a mindset as we do as an organization, and Greg’s 100 percent on board which is fantastic for us, you go find them.”

Just something to file away before draft talk gets hot and heavy in February.

Will the Bucs look to draft a highly touted right tackle or a future replacement for Davin Joseph? Those odds seem to be well stacked against it.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    what you wanna know, kids a beast
    I want to know as much as possible? is he more a phyisical safety like Barron or a cover guy who can take the center of the field?
    you know a 40 time?
    any off field issues?
    is there a reason for the lack of ints?
    is he a leader on defense?
    can you see him as a fit in our defense? why or why not?

vCash
    Ok well I surely do know him as any other HARDCORE Syracuse fan would. Let's see, he is definitely a playmaker on defense for us. Thomas, Goggins and Spruill.

He is definitely a physical safety, he plays SS in our defense. Im not convinced he has to play SS in the NFL. He hits people, that is the number one thing I would say about him. I dont mean to say thats the only part of his game, but when a WR comes across the middle and its his job to bring him down, he has a tendency to smash em. Phillip Thomas who came out last year was more the FS roaming around back there and just picking people off at will. Not uncommon for Thomas to help in run support and be out there in coverage, similar to what Mark is asked to do with us everything.

2012 stats (unofficial) 72 tackles 51 solo 3 tfl 1 sack 1 int 3 ff 1 fr. so right there you can kinda see he does it al/

I dont know a 40 time but I would say average-slightly above average for a DB just from seeing him play so many times, live and on t.v.

Off field issues? NONE, please dont take this part lightly cuz Ive met him and hes a nice kid. His father who was his guiding force when it came to athletics was killed in a motor cycle accident before his sophmore year and then nine months later his mother unexpectedly died from a heart condition. Dude has five younger siblings, I think the youngest is ten and he has tried to raise them in the two year since it happened and take care of them. I think the biggest strength about him is his drive and resiliency and character.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...mas/index.html

I dont really know why he doesnt have more interceptions but I would guess again, its similar to Mark on our team. Hes not always committed to coverage sometimes he plays the run, sometimes hes helping others etc. I have seen him defend passes, and I have seen him seperate guys from the ball. Probably doesnt have wr hands either, lol

already said hes a huge leader on defense, probably the leader. Spruill is probably the biggest playmaker in my opinion but Thomas is clearly the one guys are looking to.

I could see him as a fit in our defense. I think he does a lot of things Mark does just not quite as well. I think he can be developed into something better. Is he gonna come in and start? Possibly if they think he can play FS, probably better suited for SS and in our case that means backup. I dont think that would be entirely bad, he can play special teams and he would be a huge improvement over our Cody Grimm, god forbid Barron needs to miss any time we are ****ed with Grimm in there.

What made you bring up Thomas? JW

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Ok so I just went and looked it up. Thomas has been clocked at 4.24 ooooooooooo thats fast

official 40 time at 4.39 which is still sub 4.40 and is fast a balls.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYH4ZlmD_gM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpEX5wZoyHE

Not sure what you got going on tomm. but 11AM EST ESPN 2 Syracuse @ Temple

Shamarko Thomas #21 hes got dread that are like burnt orange on the end so youll know its him. Syracuse expected to play in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl again, so prob. have 2 more shots at seeing him play. As well as Nassib QB, Justin Pugh LT, Sales & Lemon WRs, Deon Goggins DT

I dont see a reason not to look at any of these guys, tho Nassib prob. goes too early for us to have a shot. Pughs a solid tackle 4-5 round projection and Goggins is a beast supposed to go late as well. Goggins, Pugh, Thomas could all provide late round depth. Check em out bro
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 11-22-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    well i figure if we take a Safety in the draft this year we would take one between rounds 3 and 5. select someone to complement Barron and compete with Amad black if Barber retires.
    i heard that Thomas actually trains in the off season by pushing his car around campus.

the guys im looking for have to be athletes who are playmakes and leaders. we need a guy who can play center field when barron steps into the box. i honestly hope Barber comes back one more year.
    or possibly drafting Xariver Rhodes to play FS then draft a guy like Poyer or trufont in the second
    Last edited by chris05676; 11-23-2012 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    Basically every mock i've seen recently has us getting Johnathan Banks in the first round. I think its becoming clear we'll get a corner round 1, the question is which one?

Round 2 will probably be the best defender on the board, most likely another corner, a defensive lineman, a Quincy Black replacement, or a free safety.

After that I think we are talented enough and have enough cap space to just go after the best player available regardless of position then address any holes on the roster afterwards in free agency.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    walterfootball has us taking banks/trufant with our first two picks...both cornerbacks.

basically looking at:

Milliner
    Banks
    Rhodes
    Trufant
    Amerson
    Poyer

vCash
    Lmao idk how you don't take T'eo #1. Another pick lol
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    via JoeBucsFan
    heard that interview also. i thought that was real interesting. I did not realize that he only drafted 1 O-lineman since he has been here. I personally believe LT's are the only O-line position worth taking in the first 20 picks anyway, unless there is someone real special there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    walterfootball has us taking banks/trufant with our first two picks...both cornerbacks.

basically looking at:

Milliner
    Banks
    Rhodes
    Trufant
    Amerson
    Poyer
    I would be stoked to get Rhodes or Amerson in the 2nd. I have also been rallying for J. Banks in the first, but plenty could still change.

vCash
    no way rhodes falls to the 2nd

dont sleep on khaseem greene fellas

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    no way rhodes falls to the 2nd

dont sleep on khaseem greene fellas
    I honestly think it's too early to assume that. None of us thought C. Upshaw was going to last to the second round last draft. I am not as familiar with K. Greene. I work at FSU, so i am real familiar w/ Rhodes.

vCash
    Greene is a 4-3 OLB and one of the better ones in this draft...you see how far they can slide with guys like David. Hes projected to be a 2nd-3rd round guy. Hes a captain at Rutgers so Greg would know him inside and out. Greg will know best if we should take him or not. 2011 Co-Big East Defensive player of the year...and hes a lock for the award this year. Hes a game changer for Rutgers and I think he could replace Quincy.

I def. hear ya on that Upshaw ****...Rhodes should be a first round pick tho..

Let's go Bucs

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast