Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think we grab one on day 3, I would be shocked if we draft 2 TE's....I got one name for you guys.

Michael Williams out of Alabama. 6'6 270 Best Blocking TE in the draft, not as good as of a reciever as Eifert. I think this is the exact kind of TE Schiano really wants/need. If we can get a guy who has recieving potential and develop that aspect of his game but have him be a great blocker from Day 1 and get him in the 4th or 5th round go for it.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleonidas View Post

Targets. If the Bucs could grab two from this list, I would be ecstatic.

Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    C.J. Mosely, ILB/OLB, Alabama
    David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State
    Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
    DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
    Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
    Matt Elam, S, Florida
    Eric Reid, S, LSU
    Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    If we could sign a free agent FS like Byrd or Goldson and crab 2 of those corners ooooooooooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....then try and snag Khaseem Greene we'd be ballin. I have this gut feeling Dom is gonna kill this draft, the cards are all lined up for him to do so and after last years Homerun, back to back would make this Franchise really strong.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I think we grab one on day 3, I would be shocked if we draft 2 TE's....I got one name for you guys.

Michael Williams out of Alabama. 6'6 270 Best Blocking TE in the draft, not as good as of a reciever as Eifert. I think this is the exact kind of TE Schiano really wants/need. If we can get a guy who has recieving potential and develop that aspect of his game but have him be a great blocker from Day 1 and get him in the 4th or 5th round go for it.
    I like Michael Williams and think he will be a target
    I also like Philip Lutzenkirchen out of Auburn he is a quality blocker. But I would love to see us snag Dion Sims if he comes out the dude is 6'5 285LBS very good run blocker with better reciecving ability than Williams

vCash
    I'd rather wait until next year to address the TE position and go all-in on Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

Have you seen him play? He definitely has Gronk/J.Graham like size and athleticism.

vCash
    Quik what you think of Khaseem Greene?

Are you on the bandwagon for reuniting Schiano and Greene?

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I really don't see where he would fit in. I think his best position would be weakside linebacker if he can bulk up or maybe strong safety if he doesn't. I think it's safe to say we're set at both of those positions.

Great player, though. He's reminds me of a more athletic Cody Grimm.

What about Logan Ryan of Rutgers? There has been some buzz that he might be a first rounder this April.

vCash
    I thought Logan Ryan was projected 4-5 rounder. He's halfway decent. He's no Khaseem Greene.

I don't think people should write him off as being too small. He plays bigger than his size, and I think he can beef up legitimately. College trainers and weight rooms have nothing on the NFL.

This guy has a legitimate chance to be a first rounder. Have you ever wished we had a playmaker like David playing on the other side of Foster. I think Greene could maximize our LB core if we added him to Lavonte and Mason. Nobody knows him better than Greg in the NFL. If Greg thinks it can work, he may make the move. Ive seen him play live and hes impressive, I watched 3 or 4 games this year on TV including the game where he single handedly beat my Syracuse Orange. 14 tackles 3 FF and a pick.

Hes got the character, he's a captain. He will be a back to back big east defensive player of the year. All the intangibles are there. I guess I feel that he can fit in with our LB core and with Quincy in doubt it could be a good pick if we make some noise in FA.

Just look into him for me. I know you and I both loved David and Wagner, we see how theyre doing. I think Greene is better than Wagner by a big margin. Not much smaller than Quincy. An inch and 15 pounds.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Quik what you think of Khaseem Greene?

Are you on the bandwagon for reuniting Schiano and Greene?
    If anyone is watching the Rutgers/Cincy game, Greene just absolutely laid out a RB coming out of the backfield. He definitely looks more like a WLB/SS, which we really don't need, but it was a heck of a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleonidas View Post
    Only one way to look at next year's draft. Best player available at a position of need.

Defensive Backs. Biggest area by far. I would go as far as saying we need two quality corners. Mark Barron having a stud safety to pair with would be ideal.

Rush End. With capable defensive backs the sacks will rise. The D-line is playing fantastic. If they finish the year ranked number 1 in rush D. It will be a first for the franchise. Not bad after finishing ranked last, a year ago. With Claborn, Bowers, and McCoy the Bucs have a lot to like. I hope Bennett returns. He has been a beast all year. Miller has provided high quality depth. That being said, I'm in the majority that feels we need to look at the growing trend that involves freak linemen. If they think they've found the next JPP or Chandler Jones. Please for the love of all things holy...take him!

Slot receiver with speed. Make no mistake, the one weapon the Bucs need to provide Josh with is more speed for three step WR screens and underneath crossing routes. A burner in the slot would do just that. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson would be perfect. With the return of the All-Pro guards and some speed, the offensive could take another step towards truly become elite. Something I've never seen in my thirty years of being a fan.
    I pretty much agree with everything here. I especially agree with the bolded statement. This is where I think a lot of fans are missing the point. DE is a position where teams have to continually reload and find more talent. And I know this comes from a lot of the talking heads, but the philosophy of "QB, LT, CB, DE" is something to take note of. And I realize that corner is on that list. It just seems to me that it's harder to find a true sack artist than it is to find a good quality CB (maybe not shutdown, but good).

Also, people that are putting SLB and FS ahead of D-linemen have to understand that the strongside backer in our scheme plays, what, 35% of the defensive snaps? And we found a hell of a FS (had he learned to stop smoking weed) in the 4th round.

I do feel like shoring up the secondary is still our biggest offseason priority. But to overlook the DE position would be a mistake. Like Kleo said, if there is a freak like JPP, Aldon Smith, or Von Miller available, then we'd be stupid not to take him.
    Last edited by TKiv18; 11-17-2012 at 06:10 PM.

vCash
    Here is my thoughts on this off season
    as far as free agents go
    1- NT Terrance Knighton.
    2- DE Michael Johnson/Osi Umenyiora/Dwight Freeney
    3- CB Antoine Cason

Then the draft would look something like this
    1-CB, Xavier Rhodes - Florida State
    2-OT, Oday Aboushi - Virginia
    3-TE, Dion Sims - Michigan State
    4-FS, Bacarri Rambo - Georgia
    4-OL, Tanner Hawkinson - Kansas
    Last edited by chris05676; 11-20-2012 at 08:39 AM.

vCash
    Good game

vCash
    pass rush is a bigger need than corners but we already have a bunch of defensive lineman to let develop, I think we would be better off adding proven veterans at that position.

then Id want us to double up at corner in the first 2 rounds to shore up the secondary. Maybe grab a linebacker or an offensive lineman in the 3rd, then sign a free safety through free agency and we should be fine.

Whatever we do we should still be looking to improve the team, I dont want another disaster like 2 years ago where we go 10-6 with a young team against a soft schedule and think were fine only to realize where not. We need to stay ahead of the curve if we want to win.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    we do need to stay ahead of the curve, but the key is drafting not free agent pick ups.

Free agent pick ups should be timely, concise and done sparingly. You cannot afford to bring in guys like nicks or jackson every year. I can see us grabbing a FS or CB in FA this year but a big name DE prob not, unless they think they can get better value then Bennett for Bennett money, which I doubt they can, I think he'll come cheap.

The best franchises in the league rely most heavily on the draft(Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Giants, 49ers) unlike the FA loving teams, Eagles, Cowboys, Jets etc.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse. Does anyone have anything on the guy? i keep hearing what an athlete he is but i dont fallow syracuse.

vCash
    what you wanna know, kids a beast

Let's go Bucs

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast