Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    I'll give you guys four reasons we would draft another DE early (and not because I'm sticking up for BucsSox; his comments about AC and Bowers are way off base)... Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Kiwanuka. Okay Bwall, before you correct me, I know Kiwanuka gets moved back and forth between DE and OLB. But my point is, quality DE's are a commodity in this league. So my feeling is, depending on how the draft shakes out and where we're picking, I can absolutely see us taking another DE early. I can tell you this, if we were generating 3-4-5 sacks every game (like in the SB days) the secondary that we have now would look alright. Front 4 pressure wins games.

Another thing, I disagree that signing someone like Osi is an admission or sign that Dom has lost faith or is giving up on the guys he selected. I'm sorry, but I don't want a GM that is unwilling to admit his mistakes and move on from a player. I also don't want a GM to pass on a player at a position previously addressed because he's worried about what the fans think. Signing someone like Osi makes a lot of sense given the other holes on this team. Secondary help certainly looks like a must. But our top 3 DE's do have question marks. AC; major surgery, Bowers; injury history, Bennett; going to be a FA, may price himself out of town, who knows. Teams have to continue to reload and finding quality pass rushers, at least as far as I'm concerned, will always be a priority.
    Your not wrong! You should never pass on a player at any position if he is leaps and bounds the best player on the board (unless he is a QB, and you have a young francide QB). But we can't possible speculate where we will be picking and who will be available this early. The point of the topic (at least in my mind) is to talk about our biggest needs and the players that intrigue us at those positions. DE is not a true position of need the way defensive backs are. That is the point I have been trying to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Your not wrong! You should never pass on a player at any position if he is leaps and bounds the best player on the board (unless he is a QB, and you have a young francide QB). But we can't possible speculate where we will be picking and who will be available this early. The point of the topic (at least in my mind) is to talk about our biggest needs and the players that intrigue us at those positions. DE is not a true position of need the way defensive backs are. That is the point I have been trying to make.
    Isn't that what I just did?

It's only because you don't see DE as a "true position of need" that my comments are somehow off topic. And if the point you are trying to make is that secondary help is our biggest need, I can't really argue that. But my post was on topic as far as I can tell and my comments about the draft itself were made specifically to avoid speculation about draft position or who we'd be taking (even though this whole thread is speculative); hence none of the, "we're gonna finish 9-7 so we'll be picking..."

So..., in keeping with the point of the topic, I said/am saying that DE is a need IMO and should be at least considered and that if we choose to go another way, Osi would be a decent alternative.

Is that clear enough for you?
    Last edited by TKiv18; 11-05-2012 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    I'll give you guys four reasons we would draft another DE early (and not because I'm sticking up for BucsSox; his comments about AC and Bowers are way off base)... Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Kiwanuka. Okay Bwall, before you correct me, I know Kiwanuka gets moved back and forth between DE and OLB. But my point is, quality DE's are a commodity in this league. So my feeling is, depending on how the draft shakes out and where we're picking, I can absolutely see us taking another DE early. I can tell you this, if we were generating 3-4-5 sacks every game (like in the SB days) the secondary that we have now would look alright. Front 4 pressure wins games.

Another thing, I disagree that signing someone like Osi is an admission or sign that Dom has lost faith or is giving up on the guys he selected. I'm sorry, but I don't want a GM that is unwilling to admit his mistakes and move on from a player. I also don't want a GM to pass on a player at a position previously addressed because he's worried about what the fans think. Signing someone like Osi makes a lot of sense given the other holes on this team. Secondary help certainly looks like a must. But our top 3 DE's do have question marks. AC; major surgery, Bowers; injury history, Bennett; going to be a FA, may price himself out of town, who knows. Teams have to continue to reload and finding quality pass rushers, at least as far as I'm concerned, will always be a priority.

So u take a ill informed shot at me, only to restated my reasonings? Lmao this I why I get a laughter out of this forum. Like seriously word for word restates what I've been saying lmao
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    ^^^Dude, I agree or disagree as I see fit. I don't have a hard on for you like some other people, so realize that my comments weren't taking a shot, informed or not, at you personally. I just didn't agree with the "AC ain't no rusher, Bowers? Please." comment. As I said, I thought it was way off base; a statement I won't back down from.

As far as "restated reasonings," I think you're a little too full of yourself (FYI, that was a direct shot at you personally). You clearly have a great view from the cheap seats, but you're no football genius, so maybe you should reel-in that ego a bit. Anyhow, whether you said it or not, I agree that generating a consistent pass rush is a must. And while I do think that the guys on the roster are talented, I can admit there are question marks regarding their future. So I'm completely comfortable using high picks on more D-linemen.

Do you see how that all worked? I can agree and "restate" or even support some of the things you said, while also calling you out on your bull$h!t. I hope you find this post hilarious.

vCash
    Matt Elam (S), Florida I'd love to see him and Mark Barron together. then we have to pick up a Cornerback, Defensive linemen like Sharrif Floyd, and then work on the Offensive line. I also like Tavon Austin and De'Anthony Thomas to give us some elite speed.

vCash
    ^^^Dude, I agree or disagree as I see fit. I don't have a hard on for you like some other people, so realize that my comments weren't taking a shot, informed or not, at you personally. I just didn't agree with the "AC ain't no rusher, Bowers? Please." comment. As I said, I thought it was way off base; a statement I won't back down from.

As far as "restated reasonings," I think you're a little too full of yourself (FYI, that was a direct shot at you personally). You clearly have a great view from the cheap seats, but you're no football genius, so maybe you should reel-in that ego a bit. Anyhow, whether you said it or not, I agree that generating a consistent pass rush is a must. And while I do think that the guys on the roster are talented, I can admit there are question marks regarding their future. So I'm completely comfortable using high picks on more D-linemen.

Do you see how that all worked? I can agree and "restate" or even support some of the things you said, while also calling you out on your bull$h!t. I hope you find this post hilarious.
    Respect
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I think that we can all agree that an SEC defensive back would be a good pick (Milliner, Banks, Reid)!
    Another defensive back to keep in eye on is Logan Ryan of Rutgers. I can't say I have seen very many Rutgers games over the last couple years, but Ryan has always stood out from what I have seen. He has decent size (6'0", 190) and seems like he is a pretty athletic corner that would do well in our scheme.

I've seen him go in the late first in a few mocks, but most scouts have in going in the second of third round. Keep in mind that he could also return to Rutgers for his Senior season.

I just want to throw his name out there. His connection with Schiano could definitely make him one of our targets on draft day.

vCash
    Isn't that what I just did?

It's only because you don't see DE as a "true position of need" that my comments are somehow off topic. And if the point you are trying to make is that secondary help is our biggest need, I can't really argue that. But my post was on topic as far as I can tell and my comments about the draft itself were made specifically to avoid speculation about draft position or who we'd be taking (even though this whole thread is speculative); hence none of the, "we're gonna finish 9-7 so we'll be picking..."

So..., in keeping with the point of the topic, I said/am saying that DE is a need IMO and should be at least considered and that if we choose to go another way, Osi would be a decent alternative.

Is that clear enough for you?
    The only thing that is clear about your past couplemof posts is that you are very defensive. I'll end the conversation by saying... Your clearly right, wtf was I thinking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMERHEAD44 View Post
    Matt Elam (S), Florida I'd love to see him and Mark Barron together. then we have to pick up a Cornerback, Defensive linemen like Sharrif Floyd, and then work on the Offensive line. I also like Tavon Austin and De'Anthony Thomas to give us some elite speed.
    I beleive Elam is a SS? Correct me if i'm wrong!

vCash
    The only thing that is clear about your past couplemof posts is that you are very defensive. I'll end the conversation by saying... Your clearly right, wtf was I thinking!
    That last one was offensive I thought.

Anyhow, you're the classic attacking kind of poster who gets all weepy and plays the victim as soon as someone responds to you. I'm so, so sorry.

vCash
    That last one was offensive I thought.

Anyhow, you're the classic attacking kind of poster who gets all weepy and plays the victim as soon as someone responds to you. I'm so, so sorry.
    Apology accepted!

vCash
    ^^^I'm just blowing smoke, disregard my hotheadedness. I'm getting mighty anxious about the election and it's putting me on edge.

Sorry man.

vCash
    ^^^I'm just blowing smoke, disregard my hotheadedness. I'm getting mighty anxious about the election and it's putting me on edge.

Sorry man.
    All good buddy!

vCash
    The good thing about this draft is were going to take 1 lineman and ALL defensive players!!!. i use to want a Teo but as a florida gators fan i have switched it up

Matt Elam is the real deal. Doesnt matter what saftey he plays in college this man is all over the field shedding blocks making HUGE plays and might just be the best tackler in college. Elam and Barron would be the best saftey duo in the NFL for years. Our 2nd and 3rd and 4th round take corners. You'll get one stud. From there take backup lineman and this draft will be a success

vCash
    I beleive Elam is a SS? Correct me if i'm wrong!
    Elam is a SS, but in that Ronde build but one of the best tacklers in football which I think could be a good FS. Most of the time we get beat is deep, and you put Barron and Elam together I think that would change. plus we him and Barron would help with the run.

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast