Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Thats pretty high for him...interesting. Ive seen him play a couple games against Cuse, he never really wow'd me.
    My top CBs right now pre-combine looks like this
    1. Dee Milliner
    2. Johnthan Banks
    3. Xavier Rhodes
    4. Desmond Trufant
    5. Jordan Poyer
    6. Logan Ryan
    7. Jamar Taylor
    8. David Amerson
    9. Will Davis
    10. Robert Alford
    I was not counting D. Amerson. I think he will transition to S better in the NFL, so I have him on my FS list, but I would agree that I like him better then W-W, but I do have W-W ranked higher then J. Taylor and R. Alford, and about even w/ W. Davis.

vCash
    As much as I LOVE Ronde and granted he did play at a very high level this year, I kinda want him to hang it up because we need some young blood at FS, wether it be Byrd (Unlikely Buffalo lets him go), Goldson or Vaccaro....Honestly I kinda am warming up to the idea of Vaccaro but I'd like to trade back and hopefully still take him maybe pick up a 3rd. Just look at Seattle and there safety duo and the super bowl teams as someone just pointed out.

vCash
    My updated 1st round draft board:
    1. Milliner
    2. Star
    3. L. Jockel
    4. B. Werner
    5. D. Moore
    6. E. Fisher
    7. J. Banks
    8. J. Jones
    9. T. Eifert
    10. J. Hankins
    11. K. Vaccaro
    12. X. Rhodes
    13. J. Jenkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I was not counting D. Amerson. I think he will transition to S better in the NFL, so I have him on my FS list, but I would agree that I like him better then W-W, but I do have W-W ranked higher then J. Taylor and R. Alford, and about even w/ W. Davis.
    I think Alford is one of the most underrated corners in this draft. Kids got same skill as Trufant, Poyer etc. He just played at a small school. Jamar Taylor is a name you will see mentioned in the 2nd group of corners. Id be really surprised if by Draft time he isnt threatening Trufant and Poyer and ahead of Ryan on most boards. Kids got skill.

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^I do like Alford as well. J. Taylor I am not as much of a fan of. I watched some tape on him, and was not real impressed. Bottem of my board for all the CB's you and I have previously mentioned in the past few posts.

vCash
    All I know is if we get Banks...I'll be on cloud nine

This is a really really deep draft if you know what your looking for. I can wait to see Dom spank these fools.

Also if we trade down at all in the draft it may be beneficial to get picks for next year instead of this year in preperation for the Clowney sweepstakes.

We Want Winston

vCash
    We should trade our first this year for Jacksonville's 2nd rounder this year & their first next. That'll give us Clowney & another late 1st next year

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    http://thepewterplank.com/2013/01/31...y-the-numbers/

couple interesting scenarios which i think Dom would murder in the draft if any of these happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballchamp70 View Post
    We should trade our first this year for Jacksonville's 2nd rounder this year & their first next. That'll give us Clowney & another late 1st next year
    I could get on board w/ that!

vCash
    Here is a good read from Pewter Report. They talk about some players we might be targeting this April.

Here are some highlights:

To safeguard the team from a possible holdout, or an injury to either Williams or Jackson, the Buccaneers are doing their due diligence in evaluating wide receivers in the 2013 NFL Draft because Dominik doesn’t want the receiver position this year to end up like the cornerback position last year.
    The uncertainty with Williams’ contract situation and the possibility of losing him in addition to Benn and Underwood, who are also both in contract years, puts Tampa Bay’s receiver situation in peril in 2014 when Jackson will be 31 years old. That’s why the Bucs’ brass had an in-depth interview with Baylor wide receiver Terrance Williams at the Senior Bowl. The Bucs typically interview most of the Senior Bowl participants, but Dominik and head coach Greg Schiano aren’t always in on every interview – just the ones the team deems important. Apparently Williams’ interview was important as he had an audience with all of Tampa Bay’s decision-makers.
    The Baylor star isn’t the only receiver that could help Tampa Bay in 2013. The Bucs are also interested in 6-foot, 202-pound Louisiana Tech wide receiver Quinton Patton, who is a potential second-round pick. Marshall’s Aaron Dobson and West Virginia dynamo Tavon Austin are also second-round options, while Texas speedster Marquise Goodwin is a potential third-rounder, and Kansas State’s Chris Harper could be enticing in the fourth round. Mississippi State’s crafty Chad Bumphis would be a good late-round option as a slot receiver for Tampa Bay.

“There are going to be some players at wide receiver,” said Bucs director of college scouting Eric Stokes, who likes this wide receiver class.
    So the Bucs paid plenty of attention to the safeties, such as Duke Williams, in Mobile, Ala. at the Senior Bowl.

“It went well and we talked a lot of football in the meeting, and we talked about me as a person,” Williams said. “I met with the scouts and the G.M. They asked me what kind of defenses I ran in college and what I am familiar with in college.”
    Alford, who met with Bucs scouts in Mobile, Ala. is a great athlete and recorded 137 tackles, six tackles for loss, 20 pass breakups, 10 interceptions, including one for a touchdown, and returned nine punts for 104 yards and a score, in addition to returning four kickoffs for 61 yards for Southeastern Louisiana.
    Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik told the media this offseason that the cornerback position was three rounds deep in terms of talent.

Save us, Jameis.

vCash
    This draft seems loaded with offensive talent in the early rounds. Round 1 we need to choose the best defensive playmaker available. Rd 2, 3, & 4 will have tons of WR, TE, OT, & RB for us to choose from. Offensive talent drops off tremendously afterwards, whereas some good defensive players will be available late.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    I wouldnt mind a play for Tavon Austin or Tyler Eifert(If we miss out on a TE in FA and retain Clark) with our 2nd round pick.

We have a lot of needs on defense is the biggest problem. I think this draft should probably be defense heavy

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^^^I just hope Tavon makes it to round 1, I mean he's in all honesty probably gonna kill the combine run a 4.3 maybe faster just tear it up and Houston needs WR help at the end of round 1. But if we got Tavon in the 2nd I'd ***** myself, along with Eifert too either one is great value.

vCash
    I know our draft should be defense heavy, but the draft as a whole is loaded with offensive guys that line up with our positions of need in the first few rounds. We should grab a slot/speed WR in the first two or three rounds. TE value is there rd 2-5. CB value probably lasts four or five rounds. Safeties in later rounds have just as much chance to start for us as 2nd or 3rd round guys. Everything depends on FA though.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballchamp70 View Post
    I know our draft should be defense heavy, but the draft as a whole is loaded with offensive guys that line up with our positions of need in the first few rounds. We should grab a slot/speed WR in the first two or three rounds. TE value is there rd 2-5. CB value probably lasts four or five rounds. Safeties in later rounds have just as much chance to start for us as 2nd or 3rd round guys. Everything depends on FA though.
    I hear ya on most of that. One point I would disagree with is the safety situation.

I don't think a safety in this draft after Round 3 is better than Ahmad Black and I really don't feel comfortable with Black starting either. It's a really tough spot to be in.

We Want Winston

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast