Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    what you guys think of clowney

should mark make a move for him next year?

at quik, how would you feel if we passed on Ansah and made a play for Clowney next year through a trade?

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^^^^ I would love to get a guy like Clowney since he is a premier DE. The price to get him would probably be really steep. The Redskins gave the Rams 3 1st rounders (swapped 1st's) and a 2nd just to move up 4 spots for RG3. I'm not sure if we're in about the 15-25 range (hopefully higher) what that price would be. If it's something similar than I think i would try.

vCash
    Clowney will probably be the 1st overall pick next season or at very least top 2 depending allot of if Johnny Football come out. But as Matt Barkley can tell you allot can happen in a season so i guess there is a chance his stock could drop. But we will need to really suck or make a Julio Jones/RG3 kinda trade to get Clowney who i would LOVE to have i think hes a Peppers kinda talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    what you guys think of clowney

should mark make a move for him next year?

at quik, how would you feel if we passed on Ansah and made a play for Clowney next year through a trade?
    Clowney would be amazing. I would happily trade future first and second rounders for a guy like that.

I actually hope that happens because I no longer think Ansah will be a Buccaneer this April. Not because I don't like him anymore, but because I don't think he'll even make it to our pick. More and more scouts are saying that he will be a top ten pick this April, possibly even higher. I've seen him go in various mocks as high as #5 overall to the Lions.

vCash
    Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay lists UConn CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson as the No. 20 prospect on his updated Big Board.
    Wreh-Wilson was previously unranked, so we thought the addition was noteworthy. I'm impressed with Wreh-Wilson's overall skill set after additional film work and a strong week at the Senior Bowl," McShay writes. "He plays with balance and body control in man coverage, and he supports the run effectively." The Husky is the second highest ranked cornerback behind Alabama's Dee Milliner.
    I think McShay is terrible when it comes to evaluating prospects, but I thought I would post this anyway to see what you guys think about Wreh-Wilson.

Thoughts? He was a guy I wanted in the PSD mock game but no one else really mentioned him.
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 01-31-2013 at 08:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I think McShay is terrible when it comes to evaluating prospects, but I thought I would post this anyway to see what you guys think about Wreh-Wilson.

Thoughts? He was a guy I wanted in the PSD mock game but no one else really mentioned him.
    I like him as maybe a 4-6 rounder..McShay is smoking crack having him in the Top 5. I have him hanging out around 10-15 range

Dont say the whole Johnny Football thing in the draft forum, I got *****ed at and *****ed at. Apparently they all think Bridgewater is better...and while Clowney should be the number 1 pick, it depends on the top teams...if a team needs a qb they will probably look to take Manziel or Bridgewater...both are slated to be top 5 picks if they come out next year. Chance he falls all the way to 3, which could give us our opportunity. 2014 1st and 3rd 2015 1st and 3rd, something like that maybe.

Id love to get him on this team because he is as special a prospect as you will find. Id be willing to bet barring major injury, suspension or arrest. He'll hit the 100 sack mark during his career he looks that good. I hear people call him the Freak 2.0

We Want Winston

vCash
    The problem with Clowney i think every team will be chomping at the bit to get at this guy so outside of being a top 5 pick to begin with its going to be next to impossible for us to get him. But i cant see our team being that bad so look for Clowney to be a Jaguar or Eagle

vCash
    Eagles wont be that bad next year.

Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland I would imagine are pretty bad next year and prob have top 5 picks.

I know everybody is going to want him but like I mentioned Bridgewater and Manziel, Marqise Lee is supposed to be a top 5 pick as well. Can a team that takes a DE in the Top 10 this year afford to do it next year as well? With as many needs as those franchises have I doubt it.....I think it will be extremely interesting how that plays out.

We Want Winston

vCash
    I think Chip Kelly is gonna flop next season with the Eagles and might run back to a college team Saban style, With Clowney i dont think it really matters what people have or have done when you have someone that could be a once in a generation type of player (no pressure lol) you stop drooling and you take him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    I think Chip Kelly is gonna flop next season with the Eagles and might run back to a college team Saban style, With Clowney i dont think it really matters what people have or have done when you have someone that could be a once in a generation type of player (no pressure lol) you stop drooling and you take him.
    i just cant see a team like the jags taking werner/moore this year and then clowney next year...that would be crazy

hope we get a shot at him and hope dom makes a move, i only brought it up as another reason not to draft a de high this year

because with AC and DB in the first and 2nd in 2011...we couldnt possibly take a de in the first round this year and next wed be the laughing stock of the league....fill a much bigger need and then have a shot at clowney next year

We Want Winston

vCash

I like Wreh-Wilson. He is on my 3rd round board, and I have ranked #7 among CB's behined L. Ryan, and ahead of Will Davis. Not sure about him being a first rounder though. BTW, He's a captain!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I like Wreh-Wilson. He is on my 3rd round board, and I have ranked #7 among CB's behined L. Ryan, and ahead of Will Davis. Not sure about him being a first rounder though. BTW, He's a captain!
    Thats pretty high for him...interesting. Ive seen him play a couple games against Cuse, he never really wow'd me.
    My top CBs right now pre-combine looks like this
    1. Dee Milliner
    2. Johnthan Banks
    3. Xavier Rhodes
    4. Desmond Trufant
    5. Jordan Poyer
    6. Logan Ryan
    7. Jamar Taylor
    8. David Amerson
    9. Will Davis
    10. Robert Alford

We Want Winston

vCash
    anybody coming around on dropping back and taking a safety like Vaccaro this year. Look at the 2 teams in the superbowl and their safety combos. Whitner and Goldson for the 9ers and Pollard and Reed for the Ravens. I think the combo of a Barron and Vaccaro for the next 5 years looks great. (if we cant make a move in FA for Goldson/Byrd)

vCash

Q, check out our war room. He was one of the guys I wanted with our 4th/5th I have a 3-4 round grade on him. He was very impressive as a Sophomore. I remember in the USF game, he had one pick and a second (returned for a TD) that was called back due to an offsides penalty. I believe he had a knee injury that made him miss the middle half of his Junior season. He just hasn't looked the same after that. He's got a huge ceiling, but I honestly think he'll end up on a team that plays more zone than man. He's got loads of talent, but he hasn't shown the same quickness or ability to turn his hips fluidly since his injury. He's a solid run defender & I would still take him with our later fourth if he was there, hoping he can fine-tune some of his skills as our nickel or dime CB this year.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    anybody coming around on dropping back and taking a safety like Vaccaro this year. Look at the 2 teams in the superbowl and their safety combos. Whitner and Goldson for the 9ers and Pollard and Reed for the Ravens. I think the combo of a Barron and Vaccaro for the next 5 years looks great. (if we cant make a move in FA for Goldson/Byrd)
    I honestly think Vaccaro is a very real possibility for us at thirteen, believe it or not. If Milliner and Banks are gone, I think it becomes BPA & at that spot we'll either grab a DT, OT, WR, or Vaccaro. I have him as a top twenty prospect, but I have seen a lot of boards that consider him a top twelve guy. If Dom & Greg agree, I don't see why they wouldn't pull the trigger.

Ready to Shock the World

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast