Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I dont have insider...it also should be pointed out that Slay probably was on lesser competition most of the time seeing as Banks is their #1 and should have been matched up with the opposing teams #1 WR leaving Slay to guard their #2(a lesser WR)

4 year starter, captain, tall, long arms, extremely talented, productive in getting turnovers and in the return game.

I don't put a ton of stock in the combine and pro days, somethings yes somethings no...it really all depends on how it impacts their play on the field.

Banks clearly has game speed to keep up with WRs at the college and pro level.

You see your boy Alford today he was pretty boss. I watched 95% of the game, he looked very good. I believe he picked off a 2 point conversion. I was cooking at the time, plus good play all day and the 95 yard return to start the game.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    What a game! He showed great skills in coverage and also shined on special teams.

Are you guys warming up on the idea of drafting Ansah in round one yet? His performance at the Senior Bowl was incredible. He dominated Rick Wagner and Quessenberry today for 1.5 sacks, 3.5 tackles for loss, a forced fumble, a pass breakup, and a few more solo tackles. He showed some really nice pass-rushing moves as well as a strong bull-rush.
    sure if we needed a DE and didnt have 3 starters already.

are you saying we let Bennett walk and dont sign a starting DE in FA and expect Ansah to come in and start Day 1??

That is the only way it makes sense and I dont see that happening. Any DE drafted will be 4th round or later.

Oh and not to mention that whole T'eo Nesheim business. I honestly believe we dont take a single Defensive End in the entire draft. Bennett and Clayborn as starters with Bowers and T'eo Nesheim is pretty solid.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post

are you saying we let Bennett walk and dont sign a starting DE in FA and expect Ansah to come in and start Day 1??

That is the only way it makes sense and I dont see that happening. Any DE drafted will be 4th round or later.

Oh and not to mention that whole T'eo Nesheim business. I honestly believe we dont take a single Defensive End in the entire draft. Bennett and Clayborn as starters with Bowers and T'eo Nesheim is pretty solid.
    I think the whole drafting for need philosophy should be thrown out the window if the Bucs view Ansah as a elite pass-rusher. Young, talented defensive ends don't grow on trees and it would be silly to pass on him and give a team like the Saints a chance to draft him. I like what we have at the position, but I'm not completely satisfied either. I want the Bucs to have the best defense possible. If that means spending another first rounder at DE and paying Teo-Nesheim to ride the bench, so be it.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but having Clayborn, Bowers, Bennett, Ansah all on the same team is a great problem to have.

vCash
    @ballchamp theyre playing quessenberry exclusively at guard and im reading that he may be moving inside for good at the pro level...what you think of that? change your opinion on wanting him or no?
    If he's there, I'd take him regardless. He'd be a beast to have as our RT. At the very least, he can move inside if, god forbid, one of our stud guards goes down again & we can have Dotson to fill in @ RT. I love the guy. He's strong, has quick feet, & has amazing technique. I'm willing to bet he's a fourth rounder at worst in the draft.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash

We DO need a DE. Our inability to get to the QB has been a problem for far too long.

No use in building a stud secondary when you're expecting them to do the impossible in covering pro receivers for an extended amount of time.

vCash
    Ouch
    That's real suprising. I have been a big fan of his all season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    What a game! He showed great skills in coverage and also shined on special teams.

Are you guys warming up on the idea of drafting Ansah in round one yet? His performance at the Senior Bowl was incredible. He dominated Rick Wagner and Quessenberry today for 1.5 sacks, 3.5 tackles for loss, a forced fumble, a pass breakup, and a few more solo tackles. He showed some really nice pass-rushing moves as well as a strong bull-rush.
    Up unti now, he was one of the most disapoinig players there. He has actually droped on my list, but he's stil in my 2nd round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    We DO need a DE. Our inability to get to the QB has been a problem for far too long.

No use in building a stud secondary when you're expecting them to do the impossible in covering pro receivers for an extended amount of time.
    If we were to draft a DE in the first round, who would he replace? Bennett and his 9 sacks? Clayborn, who was a first roud pick 2 years ago, and before injury, showed stud potential?

vCash
    I think he wants him as a situational pass rusher or maybe as a replacement in case Bennet leaves?

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballchamp70 View Post
    I think he wants him as a situational pass rusher or maybe as a replacement in case Bennet leaves?
    Bowers has shown he is more than capable of being a situational pass rusher. Its fairly obvious to anybody that watched last year that T'eo Nesheim doesnt belong starting but is a very good backup to have in an emergency.

Ive said time and time again, if they draft a DE in the first 2-3 rounds, it is the equivalent of giving up on one or both of the DEs we drafted in 2011. It makes no sense except in the one situation I gave which is doubtful to happen.

To Draft Any DE in the first would mean:
    We let Bennett walk
    We don't sign a DE in FA
    We have hime come in as a starter day 1 across from Clayborn and jump Bowers on the Depth Chart

We have enough needs without people making up imaginary ones.

We have 2 starting DEs(pending Bennett re-sign or replacement) and 2 very good backups.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Giants have proved you can never draft enough DE's like when they took JPP while they still have Osi and Tuck and that has turned out pretty good for them. As much as i love Clayborn and Bowers neither has proved they can play a whole season and to get to the QB on a consistent basis yet considering in 45 games between them they have a combined 12 sacks thats very underwhelming.

vCash

We have enough needs without people making up imaginary ones.
    That's your opinion. But what's fact is that we don't get the QB on the ground nearly enough to have consistent success in this league.

vCash
    and we have had major injuries on the D Line the last 3 years....Gerald McCoy going down killed us in both 2010 and 2011. You saw what happened when he plays 16 games.

AC went down this year and we obviously missed his 7.5 sacks.

Da'Quan will be 100% next year and so will AC. Its like you guys forget how much of a stud he is. He's better than Ansah all day and tommorrow. Your taking our 2012 line and adding Clayborn back in the mix.

If we have a need on the D Line its next to McCoy on the interior not outside.

If we were to draft a pass rusher in round 1(which we won't) it would have to be Sheldon Richardson and he would play in a rotation next to McCoy and be in on 3rd downs and passing downs, with a run stuffer like Miller playing 1st and 2nd.

I now believe Dom doesnt draft a DE in the entire draft, especially if he plans on getting a backup QB in the mid-late rounds.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Sorry guys, gotta go with bwall here. Our d line will be fine. We can get someone in the late rounds if at all.
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    To be honest id rather take a good slot receiver
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast