Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    Not that I didnt like him, its the fact that Banks started 3.5 years in the SEC compared to Milliner's 1. I dont see how there's that big of a drop off between the 2, that's all. I'd love to have Milliner but he wont be there. The fact people arent on board with Banks is mind boggling when he won all sorts of awards going up against some of the best WRs in the country the past 4 years. I guess my argument is when you have star caliber players all around you, you're going to look good. Where is Banks has shined where theres not too much around him. Bama's D has better DL to pressure the QB and make errant throws, better safetys over the top to help make plays, etc. (If Milliner is there I would take him in a heart beat)
    Just curious which of these best WR's he was going against? Bama and LSU were there best teams they played against this last season and both are primarily running teams.

vCash
    ^well it just so happens that 2 of the top recivers in the country played on Tennessee this year, and lets not foget about AJ Green and Julio Jones in past years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Just curious which of these best WR's he was going against? Bama and LSU were there best teams they played against this last season and both are primarily running teams.
    I mean over the course of his time at Miss St. There are a ton of SEC WR's in the NFL now.

vCash
    Everyone should go check out pewterreport's 1st 7th round mock draft of the year its free and pretty damn good one.

vCash
    @ Quik....theres a couple things about your post that I see your point, but I think you may want to investigate more, seeing as this is probably the biggest decision of the draft and possibly the offseason.

First off they didnt play SC this year, not sure if your talking a different team or a different year.
    Almost all those games you mentioned were in the second half of the season. I bring you this and this is just one source you can find it other places.
    12/15/12: Banks has amassed 59 tackles, four interceptions and seven passes broken up in 2012. He had an excellent game against Auburn with two interceptions. The picks came in the second quarter and helped the Bulldogs pull away from the Tigers.

In the following weeks, Banks had some great games. He had huge performances against Tennessee and Middle Tennessee State, but he injured his knee in the latter. That injury has lingered, yet Banks has continued to play. The knee seemed to be slowing him down against Alabama and Texas A&M as he wasn't his normal play-making self. THe senior didn't record an interception and had only two passes broken up in the final five regular-season games after the knee injury.
    He had an injury but played through it. I have read numerous places he never missed a single college game in his 4 years. Even though the injury may have limited him to some degree he was still out there to help his team.

Secondly..I dont know where you found those stats but if those are true those are amazing. FBS is all the big time schools and major conf.s. He played 12 FBS games this season...if your saying they averaged 1 completion against him per game that is amazing. I dont believe those numbers to be true but if they are wow. If he was only targeted 20 times in 12 games he is obviously doing something right, I think the numbers are wrong, he had 4 interceptions so that would mean 12 completions 4 incompletions 4 interceptions in 12 games against him. IDK...maybe thats why he won the Jim Thorpe because those are crazy

He did play against Julio Jones tho, Julio was at Alabama (same conference, same division) for the first 2 years Banks was at Miss. State.
    Julio Jones v Mississippi State
    2009 4 rec. 66 yards 1 td
    2010 3 rec. 41 yards 0 td

He was there #1 CB in 2010...Im going to assume he was matched up on Jones all game, or at least most of it.

@brewhouse
    Julio Jones 2x
    A.J. Green (Ive read cant confirm)
    Justin Hunter
    Cordarrelle Patterson
    Rueben Randle 2x
    Quinton Patton
    ^^^all these guys are big names in this years draft and the previous 2 seasons....hes played every SEC West team 4 times....those are all big time guys and big time matchups and the fact that he is an all-american and all-sec(past 2 years) and jim thorpe award winner speaks volumes

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    ^well it just so happens that 2 of the top recivers in the country played on Tennessee this year, and lets not foget about AJ Green and Julio Jones in past years.
    Did he actually cover those guys though? He would have been what a freshman or junior or something when they were there? Not knocking the guy just curious

vCash
    hes been there number 1 corner for 3 years and was a starter for at least half his freshman season

would you like us to watch every snap of every game, hes been the number 1 corner, look at the number 1 wr on the opposite team and its reasonable to assume he was matched up against them

they play a lot of man so its not like he was in a zone all day

We Want Winston

vCash
    Recievers I want to draft and play in the slot

1. Tavon Austin
    2. Markus Wheaton
    3. Quinton Patton
    4. Marquise Goodwin
    5. Stedman Bailey

I think we should land one of these guys or at least try

We Want Winston

vCash
    Another safety prospect that is trending in the opposite direction is Oklahoma safety Tony Jefferson. Scouts are saying that Jefferson has been getting trashed by some of his former coaches for horrible practice habits and a lack of work ethic in the weight room. Jefferson has a lot of physical talent, but it is really going to hurt his draft stock to have former coaches telling NFL teams to pass on him. A couple sources said they wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson has a free fall in the draft from a second-day pick to the third day. It will be really important for Jefferson to test well and interview well at the Combine.
    Ouch

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Recievers I want to draft and play in the slot

1. Tavon Austin
    2. Markus Wheaton
    3. Quinton Patton
    4. Marquise Goodwin
    5. Stedman Bailey

I think we should land one of these guys or at least try
    I think Bailey should be two or three on the list. I don't care what scouts say, I think he's a great grab early in the 2nd round. I think if he played on a team without Austin on it he'd be a lock in the 2nd round.

Marquise Goodman is trash IMO. Olympic speed isn't everything. I doubt he ever makes it through a full season healthy due to his small stature.

But that's just me

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballchamp70 View Post
    I think Bailey should be two or three on the list. I don't care what scouts say, I think he's a great grab early in the 2nd round. I think if he played on a team without Austin on it he'd be a lock in the 2nd round.

Marquise Goodman is trash IMO. Olympic speed isn't everything. I doubt he ever makes it through a full season healthy due to his small stature.

But that's just me
    same size as wheaton and austin...bailey is an inch taller and ten pounds heavier, thats not significant

We Want Winston

vCash
    Robert Alford just took the opening kickoff 90+ yards. I know Quik loved that as much as I did.

We Want Winston

vCash
    @ballchamp theyre playing quessenberry exclusively at guard and im reading that he may be moving inside for good at the pro level...what you think of that? change your opinion on wanting him or no?

We Want Winston

vCash
    @Bwall - I believe those stats that were accounted for over a 4 or 5 game span. I know for a fact that he have gave up more than 12 passes throughout the year. My point was just to prove that FBS quarterbacks had a reasonably high quarterback rating when they were throwing his way. It was also to show that Slay arguably played better over that time. Do you happen to have an college football ESPN Insider account? That's where the stats originally came from. I'm sure that getting access to that article would answer a lot of our questions.

Anyway, I think we both feel pretty strongly about our opinion on Banks. I guess we'll just have to see what happens at the combine and his pro day.

Save us, Jameis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Robert Alford just took the opening kickoff 90+ yards. I know Quik loved that as much as I did.
    What a game! He showed great skills in coverage and also shined on special teams.

Are you guys warming up on the idea of drafting Ansah in round one yet? His performance at the Senior Bowl was incredible. He dominated Rick Wagner and Quessenberry today for 1.5 sacks, 3.5 tackles for loss, a forced fumble, a pass breakup, and a few more solo tackles. He showed some really nice pass-rushing moves as well as a strong bull-rush.
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 01-26-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Save us, Jameis.

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast