Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleonidas View Post
    I'll say it again, he's the 2nd best corner in this draft. Another name that intrigues me is Marquise Goodwin. He would bring a missing dynamic to the offense. Drafting him and Travis Kelce in the 4th makes perfect sense.
    goodwin is a beast, ive been telling everyone hes by far the fastest player in the draft..hes got good value late 4th, you prob can do better than kelce tho at tight end....wheaton is tearing up the senior bowl tho, if dom wants to make a splash he lands him maybe with our 3rd rounder

i think trufant is good and a top 5 corner in this draft but hes not Banks...for all this talk of his brothers theyre both backups who dont see that much time on the field

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    goodwin is a beast, ive been telling everyone hes by far the fastest player in the draft..hes got good value late 4th, you prob can do better than kelce tho at tight end....wheaton is tearing up the senior bowl tho, if dom wants to make a splash he lands him maybe with our 3rd rounder

i think trufant is good and a top 5 corner in this draft but hes not Banks...for all this talk of his brothers theyre both backups who dont see that much time on the field
    I'm surprised you don't like Kelce. He's a beast!
    Where do you see Ace Sanders getting drafted? I wouldn't mind looking into drafting him to return kicks.

vCash
    its not that i dont like kelce i just have him a little farther down my board, probably 5th or 6th

1. Eifert
    2. Ertz
    3. Reed
    4. Fauria

after that its pretty debatable but i think hes right there, i dont think hes better than those 4 though
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 01-24-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Sources with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have told WalterFootball.com that there are big supporters in the organization for drafting Mississippi State cornerback Johnthan Banks. He has some real fans in the Bucs' front office who believe the team should target him with their first-round pick. It is no secret that the Buccaneers are in dire need of cornerback help, and Banks is the consensus second-rated corner in draft after Alabama's DeMarcus Milliner. The latter won't make it the Bucs pick at 13.

Sources with the team say that the Bucs have so many other needs and can't trade up. The defensive line, offensive line, tight end and a number of other positions need an infusion of talent and/or depth. They say with all those needs trading for Milliner is unlikely.
    Walter^^^^^

BINGO JACKPOT HELL YEAH

I am stoked as if we just drafted him, this is exactly what i wanted to hear

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    ^Walter football Has been pretty accurate in the past when saying "sources from the Bucs" as well. in 2011 they suggested that we would take A. Clayborn if he was still there.

vCash
    I suggest those that dont like Banks get on board quickly, kids a boss. You don't start 4 years in today's SEC if your not.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I said it before, I would rather have Banks’ experience in the SEC than Milliner starting 1 year on a stacked Bama defense. Look at how many of those kids get drafted each year and what he’s surrounded with. You have to be a stand out to get the praise that Banks is...

vCash
    Banks is a flashy CB, hes like a A. Cromartie style player. His height and long arms mixed with his jumping ability allows him to make some crazy plays. I think it would be worth it to take a shot on him. Glad the Bucs feel the same way.
    Last edited by Gdubbz; 01-25-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
    Marquise Goodwin#, WR, Texas (SR)
    Vance McDonald, TE, Rice (SR)
    David Quessenberry#, OL, San Jose State (SR)
    J.C. Tretter#, OL, Cornell (SR)
    Desmond Trufant#, DB, Washington (SR)
    Brian Winters#, OL, Kent State (SR)
    according to Walter, prospects we have met with at the Senior Bowl

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Not impressed with that group^
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    according to Walter, prospects we have met with at the Senior Bowl
    It's good to see that they are finally looking at some offensive lineman. I would be thrilled with Winters or Quessenberry.

I also noticed that they are continuing to look at drafting team captains. Off the top of my head I know that Trufant, Winters, and Quessenberry are all captains for their teams.

vCash
    Quik you see that other quote from Walter? lol

I think Banks is just as good a corner prospect as Claiborne and were picking 13th and not 5th. How is it some of you guys who wanted Claiborne are so down on going CB at 13 and specifically Banks?

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quik you see that other quote from Walter? lol

I think Banks is just as good a corner prospect as Claiborne and were picking 13th and not 5th. How is it some of you guys who wanted Claiborne are so down on going CB at 13 and specifically Banks?
    I really dont know enough about Banks to really have a valid opinion of him one thing that kinda worries me is he looks tall and skinny and would be worried that he might get pushed around by all the big bodied WR's in our division. But thats just a minor nitpick on my part im sure the bucs will do there homework on that if they do decide to pick him.

Also for the guy who said they didn't like milliner because he plays on a stacked Bama team i think its more of a accomplishment to shine on stacked team then to shine on a less stacked one in my opinion. Dont think theres any chance we even get a sniff of him, just thought it was a strange comment to dislike someone just because there college is juggernaut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    I really dont know enough about Banks to really have a valid opinion of him one thing that kinda worries me is he looks tall and skinny and would be worried that he might get pushed around by all the big bodied WR's in our division. But thats just a minor nitpick on my part im sure the bucs will do there homework on that if they do decide to pick him.

Also for the guy who said they didn't like milliner because he plays on a stacked Bama team i think its more of a accomplishment to shine on stacked team then to shine on a less stacked one in my opinion. Dont think theres any chance we even get a sniff of him, just thought it was a strange comment to dislike someone just because there college is juggernaut.
    Not that I didnt like him, its the fact that Banks started 3.5 years in the SEC compared to Milliner's 1. I dont see how there's that big of a drop off between the 2, that's all. I'd love to have Milliner but he wont be there. The fact people arent on board with Banks is mind boggling when he won all sorts of awards going up against some of the best WRs in the country the past 4 years. I guess my argument is when you have star caliber players all around you, you're going to look good. Where is Banks has shined where theres not too much around him. Bama's D has better DL to pressure the QB and make errant throws, better safetys over the top to help make plays, etc. (If Milliner is there I would take him in a heart beat)

vCash
    Honestly, Banks reminds me of Stephen Gilmore or maybe Aqib Talib without the off the field issues. I think he'll be a decent starter, but not somebody you want to draft in the first round. Banks gambles far too often and was inconsistent against some of the top competition. I watched him play against LSU, Bama, A&M, SC, and Ole Miss, and I don't see a first round talent like I saw with Claiborne.

He was routinely thrown against in the games that I watched. He consistently allowed a big cushion like we saw with Talib a lot over the years which allowed the offense to pick up easy first downs. What is even more troubling is the fact that the speedy receivers really gave him problems at times. I think he would struggle big time against a Steve Smith or Julio Jones. His speed is a concern. Some people might be surprised when he runs the 40 this year.

Here is how Banks fared against FBS teams this season:

-12 completions on the 20 times he was targeted against
    -Led to 229 yards (11.5 YPA) and 3 touchdowns
    -No interceptions generated on these attempts testing Banks

By contrast, the other MSU corner Darius Slay (who I am a fan of), in those same games had:
    -8 completions against on 26 targets for 2 TD's and 143 yards
    -5.5 YPA
    -2 interceptions on those attempts

I found those numbers on a different draft site so I'm not sure if they are 100% accurate, but they seemed pretty consistent with what I watched.
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 01-25-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast