Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He is moving up my board. i think I like him better then S. Porter

vCash
    @bwall: I watched some more film on S. Williams. I spoke too soon. More of a 2nd round prospect for our sakes!

vCash
    there may not be any prospect in this draft who has proved himself as much over the course of his four-year collegiate career than mississippi state’s johnthan banks. As a four-year starter who did not miss a single game in his collegiate career, banks consistently went up against star receivers in sec competition and more than held his own.

Banks is a big, athletic and physical cornerback with great ball skills. He went up against many current nfl receivers in his earlier years as a bulldog, and he has rarely been beaten badly throughout his career.

Banks is not the best playmaking cornerback in the draft class—alabama’s dee milliner is the best defensive back in the class—but the team that drafts banks should feel safe that it is getting a starting-caliber cornerback who will be ready to contribute immediately.
    b/r

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    @bwall: I watched some more film on S. Williams. I spoke too soon. More of a 2nd round prospect for our sakes!
    watch out for this brandon williams kid, everybody is talking him up constantly all over the place

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I want a McCoy/Star or Richardson wall
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    ^I would take Star w/ out thinking twice, but i'm not on board w/ Richardson in the first. Luxury pick, w/ a decent amount of risk!

vCash
    the way people are talking...brandon williams after the senior bowl and combine will prob be a first or second round pick

Lotuleli, Hankins, Richardson, Jenkins, Sy. Williams, Br. Williams

^^^^all these guys would be great to have next to McCoy

if you guys arent watching the senior bowl practice coverage on NFL Network, you should. Eric Fisher is dominating everyone.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    ^^^Yea there saying Eric Fisher is a better Joe Staley at this point which would be awesome to have...I think he's the only OT I'd really want in the first, IF we were to take one.

vCash
    Fischer

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    Quik what is your knowledge of MLB and specifically of Central/South American as it relates to their age/career longevity??

I ask because its pretty well known that some/most of Central/South American players lie about their age to make themselves more appealing to teams and we have seen it negatively affect teams down the stretch when you think a guy is 30 but hes really 33-34.

The same questions are being raised about Ansah while people are saying he's 24-25 he could be older than that.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I want a McCoy/Star or Richardson wall
    add Hankins, and we agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    watch out for this brandon williams kid, everybody is talking him up constantly all over the place
    Hearing a lot of good things about him even though he’s a D2 prospect. He’s going to shoot up the draft boards after the combine. He’s claiming hell run a 40 under 5 sec, which is what Dontari Poe did a few years ago and his stock soared (330 lb monster moving that fast). Huge gym rat, no character issues, has a kid, works a job cleaning port-a-pottys, just a hard working kid trying to make ends meet. Sounds like someone that Dom would go after. Especially if we could get him in about the 2nd-3rd.

vCash
    Some interesting blurbs from Rotoworld:

NFL scouts are reportedly universally branding Washington CB Desmond Trufant a "lock first-round pick."
    Built like older brother Marcus, Desmond measured 5-foot-11 1/8 and 190 pounds in Mobile before turning in a stellar week of practices. A 47-game starter at Washington, Trufant recorded just six career interceptions but was an impact cover corner on a bad Huskies defense. He appears to be competing with Mississippi State's Johnthan Banks to be the No. 2 cornerback drafted behind Dee Milliner.
    I'm not sure that he is a "lock" for the first round, but I do think that he will make a fine cornerback for us if he is still there in the second round.

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline passes along word that Mississippi State CB Darius Slay is "flying up draft boards."
    Pauline heard from "a number of scouts" at the Senior Bowl that they were disappointed Slay wasn't invited to Mobile. After transferring from JUCO, Slay spent his junior season with the Bulldogs as a nickel back and special teamer. He broke out as a senior starter opposite more heralded Johnthan Banks, leading Mississippi State with five interceptions and returning one to the house. Slay is a player to watch during next month's Scouting Combine.
    Slay caught my eye this year when I was trying to watch Banks. What do you guys think about drafting Slay in the middle rounds?

NFL Network's Mike Mayock called Georgia NT John Jenkins' hot-and-cold motor the biggest concern for Jenkins' NFL outlook.
    "When he's healthy, when he's not winded, when he turns that motor on, it's special," Mayock said. "And you want him to be your 3-4 nose tackle or your nose shade in the 4-3. You want this kid as a two-gapping run stuffer. You want him pushing the pocket. But too often, you don't see that." Motor is often a concern for mammoth defensive linemen. Jenkins weighed in at an unruly 6-foot-3 7/8 and 359 pounds this week.
    This is what scares me about Jenkins. I just get the feeling he is going to be more of a Terrance Cody instead of a Vince Wilfork.

vCash
    desmond trufant - im eating my words, hes killing it at the senior bowl, i think hes competing with poyer for 4th best corner and probably overtaking him based on this week, hell of a 2nd round pick if we double up or didnt go cb in the 1st, he aint ****ing with banks tho...captain and 4 year starter johnthan banks is def. the 2nd best corner

slay is not a bad mid round pick, maybe 5th or 6th, really depends on FA and our draft prior. id rather have alford given the choice

jenkins i think can improve with some little things, better strength and conditioning, watching his weight etc. Roy Miller had the same thing going on as do most of the big d lineman in the nfl...gary gibson saw a decent amount of plays and i dont see why that couldnt continue to be the case....they have made no bones about the fact that they want clayborn mccoy bowers and bennett all on the field on passing downs(marks recent interview) jenkins would be just fine here, id go as far as tto almost call it an ideal situation for him...and he has a chance to be really special
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 01-24-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Some interesting blurbs from Rotoworld:

I'm not sure that he is a "lock" for the first round, but I do think that he will make a fine cornerback for us if he is still there in the second round.

I'll say it again, he's the 2nd best corner in this draft. Another name that intrigues me is Marquise Goodwin. He would bring a missing dynamic to the offense. Drafting him and Travis Kelce in the 4th makes perfect sense.

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast