Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash

mock

(13) 1. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame/Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia/Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    (12) 2. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State/Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington/Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
    (11) 3. Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee/Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma/Travis Frederick, OG/OC, Wisconsin
    (15) 4. Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin/Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina/Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (OH)
    N.E (27-32) 4. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU/Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State/Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida
    (14) 5. Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois/Lavar Edwards, DE, LSU/Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
    (13) 6. Theo Riddick, WR, Notre Dame/Levine Toilolo, TE, Stanford/Josh Evans, S, Florida
    G.B/AZ (**) 6. Uzoma Nwachukwu, WR, Texas A&M/Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech/Marcus Lattimore, RB, SC
    (12) 7. Mark Jackson, OG, Glenville State/Travis Bond, OG, North Carolina/Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska

given options.

extra 6th is from trading away LGB (Packers or Cardinals)

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Numerous sites talking about Manti Te'o may have done this because he is gay.

mike freeman✔
    @realfreemancbs

Theory about why Manti did what he did has reached NFL team circles and if true absolutely explains his actions.
    mike freeman✔
    @realfreemancbs

If this theory is true, Manti would end up being one of the most important stories in history.
    It seems like this is the route this is headed down...and I wouldnt take him if it was true. I don't need that kind of media storm around my team...The Manti Te'o storm would completely engulf the Tim Tebow storm. Tebow could literally QB Te'o's team and get 0 press.

BWALL & QUIK FIX THIS MESS
    PSD Mock Draft

1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU
    5. Marquis Spruill LB Syracuse
    6. Russell Bodine G/C North Carolina

vCash
    ^ If the dude turns out to be gay, I would feel pretty bad about the coments I made. I have no problem w/ that, and it would actually justify why he made this **** up to an extent. I actually didn't even think of that possibility.

vCash
    no it doesnt

if he had made up a long distance gf is one thing

to say she has leukemia was in a car crash and died...to lie to little boys with cancer about her is completely unaccpetable....

i think he did it for self promotion, hes the only thing were talking about, and now hes trying to flip it into making him the victim

PSD Mock Draft

5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU

vCash
    It's obvious some of you watch Sports Center. Then surf Draft-countdown or Walter-football and think you have an understanding of who's worthy of the Bucs 13th pick. Easy to spot, a month ago they tried to make us drink the Manti Teo' kool aid. Now, we'll have to hear about drafting a CB who "could" be the 2nd best. Over defensive linemen who have scout grades in the 90s!!! For a corner, who hopefully gets a grade in the high 70's. Banks will run a 4.6 at his pro-day, and the Rhodes talk will heat up on this board.

A little taste of what an NFL scout has to say about Banks.

What I found immediately is that his natural spot on the defense is playing right corner, which is typically considered the #2 corner at the NFL. However, despite the positive signs that I saw, I saw a few things that were very concerning for a potential 1st round pick.

fwiw, I've lurked here daily for many years. I have one question, maybe someone can answer for me. Who had the Mike Williams' Syracuse sig saying, "draft this guy."?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    no it doesnt

to say she has leukemia was in a car crash and died...to lie to little boys with cancer about her is completely unaccpetable....

i think he did it for self promotion, hes the only thing were talking about, and now hes trying to flip it into making him the victim
    Completely agree. Unacceptable POS move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    no it doesnt

Yea, your right!

vCash
    [QUOTE=Kleonidas;25124854]It's obvious some of you watch Sports Center. Then surf Draft-countdown or Walter-football and think you have an understanding of who's worthy of the Bucs 13th pick. Easy to spot, a month ago they tried to make us drink the Manti Teo' kool aid. Now, we'll have to hear about drafting a CB who "could" be the 2nd best. Over defensive linemen who have scout grades in the 90s!!! For a corner, who hopefully gets a grade in the high 70's. Banks will run a 4.6 at his pro-day, and the Rhodes talk will heat up on this board.

A little taste of what an NFL scout has to say about Banks.

What I found immediately is that his natural spot on the defense is playing right corner, which is typically considered the #2 corner at the NFL. However, despite the positive signs that I saw, I saw a few things that were very concerning for a potential 1st round pick.

fwiw, I've lurked here daily for many years. I have one question, maybe someone can answer for me. Who had the Mike Williams' Syracuse sig saying, "draft this guy."?[/QUOTE]

Quite a few of us wanted Mike Willaims before that draft happened actually!

vCash
    If Teo admits hes gay id be surprised if anyone drafts him. Who would want that massive media storm on them 24/7 like that. The team would literally fall apart from one player. Hell, look at the Jets with Tebow; now times that by thirty.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Kleonidas I understand what your saying but I think your getting 2 things intertwined that are completely seperate.

I was not sold on Morris Claiborne last year, everybody know that. I like Johnthan(thanks Quik) Banks more than I ever liked Claiborne, Gilmore or Kirkpatrick. While almost everybody agrees Dee Milliner will be the first CB drafted, I do not think it's a foregone conclusion that he will end up being the best pro.

There are so many great things abount Johnthan Banks and his game, I would not be surprised if he ends up being the best DB in this draft. 40 time is not the end all of end alls, and I think he will run a 4.45-4.5 which isnt bad. He had football speed I would ask you to go look at some games and specifically punt returns and tell me you think he is slow. He has great length, great arms for a CB. Prototypical size and speed along with great leaping ability, decent hands the ability to return punts/kickoffs. His coverage skills are as good as anybody in the draft. He's decent in run support and by no means an Asante Samuel type player. With the right coaching(Greg Schiano) I think his tackling and run support will improve. If his tackling improves and he continues to develop as a corner with his size/speed/hands/leaping ability he has a chance to be an Elite CB in the NFL.

If I was making a Big Board for all teams it would be different cuz I would not factor in need at all. Factoring in this teams need Johnthan Banks is number 2 on my big board behind Milliner(and theres a chance Banks could jump him) for the Buccaneers in this draft.

Lastly I will add this he won the Jim Thorpe award, given to the best DB in College Football. I will list previous winners and where they were drafted.
    2012 Johnthan Banks ??
    2011 Morris Claiborn 6
    2010 Patrick Peterson 5
    2009 Eric Berry 5
    2008 Malcolm Jenkins 14

it keeps going...the fact is a player of his caliber at a pick like 13 with the huge glaring hoover dam need we have is THE perfect pick.

PSD Mock Draft

5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU

vCash
    You have to sit and think about the defense that Miliner played on. He had all NFL caliber guys on that defense with him and makes him look like an all-star. I was reading somewhere that Saban doesn't teach his guys to back pedal(which is a must in the NFL) and they just turn their hips and run with WRs. Banks was put up against very good WRs in the SEC and yea maybe he got burned sometimes but I think he is more NFL ready then Milliner. I would even like to have Rhodes over him too. Depends on if you want a Cover or Press CB. Don’t be surprised if we go after Rhodes for a physical corner like Schiano said he needs for his Defense to work. I wouldn't be mad if we picked up Logan later too, same system it would be an easy transition.

vCash
    From Rotoworld:

"Several teams" reportedly have Miami CB Brandon McGee graded in the third- to fourth-round area for the 2013 NFL Draft.
    Per NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, McGee has impressed "all week long" at the East-West Shrine with quick feet and fluid hips. He's also "made several plays on the ball" and has been "the top cornerback" in St. Pete "by a good margin." McGee, listed at 6-foot, 197, intercepted three passes as a 24-game starter over the course of his junior and senior seasons. He had four tackles for loss in 2012.
    What do you guys think about McGee? I'm not very familiar with him at all.

vCash
    Milliner was the best DB on the field for Alabama so no one made him "look like an all star".

solid speed, good size, good ball skills, good awareness, solid tackler

I was hard on him early on in his career but he has improved A LOT and he still has some improving to do.

here's what nfl.com says about his weaknesses:

WEAKNESSES Stout running backs and physical receivers can run through his tackles, and he has a tendency to leave his feet and lunge. He should continue to get stronger, but needs to break down more consistently to get leverage. Dives at the feet of ballcarriers regularly, can be eluded in space. Doesn’t always land heavy hands on his man at the line of scrimmage when required, but his recovery speed usually makes up for it. Played on a loaded defense, pro quarterbacks will challenge his coverage at the next level. Like all Saban cornerbacks, he was not taught or asked to backpedal in college, and will need to develop new technique and footwork. Can lose track of the ball in the air and will mistime his plays on the ball.
    Here's what they say about Banks weaknesses...

WEAKNESSES Getting bigger, but still quite thin in his lower half. Stronger backs can still carry him when they have a head of steam and physical receivers can block him on the edge and separate from him easily downfield. Plays a bit tall, will miss tackles coming in high and lacks strength to arm tackle receivers. Does not have elite straight-line speed, will not recover once losing a step. Rarely backpedals, opens his hips early to prevent getting beat deep, gives up some first downs. Inconsistent looking for and finding the ball in the air.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    From Rotoworld:

What do you guys think about McGee? I'm not very familiar with him at all.
    Been hearing some good things from the practices other places as well...probably a decent middle round CB from the sound of it.

I can't **** with Daniel Jeremiah. He's dead to me after that Zach Ertz pick.

PSD Mock Draft

5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    Milliner was the best DB on the field for Alabama so no one made him "look like an all star".

solid speed, good size, good ball skills, good awareness, solid tackler

I was hard on him early on in his career but he has improved A LOT and he still has some improving to do.

here's what nfl.com says about his weaknesses:

Here's what they say about Banks weaknesses...
    only fair....Banks strengths
    Strengths
    Height, length and competitive nature could make him a starter. Good hands for the interception, can high-point passes and make difficult catches with superb concentration. Effective on jump balls in end zone and knocks away passes from behind without interfering. Does not give up on plays even as receiver is catching the ball. Former safety is not contact-shy, solid tackler when coming downhill. Quick to attack running plays, even when playing off-coverage, making it tough for receivers to get a hand on him. Effective as a blitzer against the run and pass. Rips at the ball whether making a tackle downfield or attacking the quarterback in the backfield.
    Milliners strengths

Owns sufficient height, length, and upper-body strength to fight with pro receivers over the middle or down the sideline. Capable of getting a solid punch at the line of scrimmage in press and the quick feet to stay with his man down the field after contact. Lines up receivers in the open field for the big hit. Displays the hip fluidity to open up to stay with deep routes or drop into his zone, while also possessing the foot quickness to stop-start on cut-off routes and on attempted double-moves. Very fluid hips, changes directions easily and clicks his feels to drive on the ball in a flash. Straight-line speed is also impressive, and will use it to hustle across the field when he’s uncovered. Also translates to closing speed when playing off his man or attacking plays in the backfield. Makes the easy interception, but also has the vertical and strong hands to win jump balls against larger receivers. Keeps outside leverage in the run game, forcing plays inside. Violent hand help him rip off receiver blocks. Knows defensive concepts, and playing for Saban gives him a huge step up in more advanced pattern-reading principles. Directs linebackers on combination coverage outside. Flashes the physicality to wrap up ball carriers and drive them to the ground.

PSD Mock Draft

5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast