Quik's mock draft v1:

1) Xavier Rhodes - CB, FSU
    2) Desmond Trufant - CB, Washington
    3) Stedman Bailey - WR, West Virginia
    4) Gerald Hodges - SLB, Penn State
    4) Rick Wagner - LT/LG/RG/RT, Wisconsin
    5) Brian Winters - OT, Kent State
    6) Cory Grissom - DT, South Florida
    7) Kenny Tate - WLB/SS, Maryland (Brian Price Trade)

I'll add free agents and maybe descriptions later to my mock.

vCash
    Honestly not feelings all these CB rd 1 mocks, maybe if we address the line and RT in FA
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    What direction would you go in the first round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    What direction would you go in the first round?
    B(D)PA to be honest bro, I hoping Dion Jordon, Mingo, Werner etc. I sorry none of these CBs look as good as Claiborne who we passed on
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    @ Quik I like the mock, but remember what Dom said about OLineman, he doesnt like drafting them, he likes to evaluate at the pro level.....1 offensive lineman out of 30 draft picks, slim chance he picks one, id say almost 0 chance he picks 2

@ MBS while Im sure some of us understand your concern at least to some degree, isnt it time to stop being cute and invest high draft picks in our corners as we have at every other defensive position. It is clearly our biggest weakness, and its not a coincidence that we have invested everywhere else besides at corner. I think we need to bit the bullet and draft 2 dbs in the first 3-4 rounds maybe more.

The corners on the field, dont belong anywhere near the field, the same cannot be said for Clayborn, Bowers and Bennett....Lewis, Gorrer and Biggers should be given walking papers immediately

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    @ Quik I like the mock, but remember what Dom said about OLineman, he doesnt like drafting them, he likes to evaluate at the pro level.....1 offensive lineman out of 30 draft picks, slim chance he picks one, id say almost 0 chance he picks 2
    But don't you think he might change his tune after a year like this? Three of our day one starters are on IR. I can't imagine him having such little depth behind our starters again this year. Just imagine if a guy like Penn went down; we would have to move Dotson to LT, Meridith to RT, and Roger Allen (who?) to RG. Yuck! Doug Martin and especially Josh Freeman deserve better.

I think at the very least we need to add a decent tackle prospect that can play guard in the middle rounds.

vCash
    But don't you think he might change his tune after a year like this? Three of our day one starters are on IR. I can't imagine him having such little depth behind our starters again this year. Just imagine if a guy like Penn went down; we would have to move Dotson to LT, Meridith to RT, and Roger Allen (who?) to RG. Yuck! Doug Martin and especially Josh Freeman deserve better.

I think at the very least we need to add a decent tackle prospect that can play guard in the middle rounds.
    It's hard to prepare for our 2 best O-lineman going down for the season. With them healthy, we actually do have pretty decent depth on the line. We could use another tackle for depth, who could potenially become a starter within time, but other then that, I don't think much more should be invested in the line.

vCash
    I will be paying a lot of attention to the bowl games to start to get an idea about some of these prospects. I just don't know enough about some of the mid-round guys. More to come on prospects we should target.

vCash

I see your point but I think your looking at it the wrong way

Have the guys who have stepped in and played not played at an extremely high level? Demar Dotson, Ted Larsen and Jamon Meredith...

Dotson- UDFA DE who we then converted to a Tackle, I think hes starting quality and will get better..
    Larsen- 6th round draft pick by the Patriots, waived during final cuts, picked up on waivers the next day. He is a solid backup, hes versatile, best at C, playable at G.
    Meredith- 5th round pick by the Packers, went to Buffalo, Detroit, Giants and Pittsburgh before signing here in the offseason...He had never played G in college or in the pros and it seems to be a really good fit for him, if he plays this way at tackle as well, he could be a great backup being able to play G or T

Donald Penn- Pro Bowl LT signed off Minnesota Vikings practice squad who had been an UDFA
    Carl Nicks- High Price FA pickup
    Jeremy Zuttah- Only lineman Dom ever drafted and a hell of a third round pick...versatile can play all 3 interior lineman positions at a starting level

The point is IMO Dom has a very unorthodox way of getting lineman, but it works. Penn, Dotson, Larsen, Meredith prove that. I think he will be just fine continuing his strategy and with Larsen, Meredith and some others on our bench next year we will be in good shape...another tackle would def. be nice dont think it needs to come through the draft......wouldnt mind if it did come from the draft either.

check out Justin Pugh LT Syracuse, think he could play either side...4-6 rounder, way underrated.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Everyone seems to be high on Dotson I'm not that high on him, he has gotten beat like a drum ever since the carolina game and I recall multiple dumb penalties on him yesterday. I would like to see a new RT or at least someone brought in to push him for competition. Does anyone actually know how far under the cap we are?? Once we cut Wright (which I'm sure we will at this point) we should be even further, I'm not expecting a spending spree like last year but 2 good players would be nice.

vCash
    Dotson's penalties have been frustrating, but he's doing great in the running game and is holding his own in the passing game. (5 sacks allowed in 13 starts) Like Bwall said, he's starting quality and should get better from here on out.

In my opinion, Donald Penn is struggling a lot more right now. Pro Football Focus says he has allowed 30 quarterback pressures this year which ranks him as one of the worst lineman against the pass rush. I don't know if his weight is still an issue, but he hasn't been his dominant self that we have seen in the past.

I don't think either player should be replaced, but I think it's necessary to draft/sign one quality backup that can play both tackle positions and can also push both Penn and Dotson for possibly a starting position.

vCash
    O-line, is imo not an issue! Freak accidents accured, our dept stepped in and hasn't allowed more then 2 sacks in a single game! I'm okay with more dept but its not the answer to our problems right now, we have bigger concerns... Also I think when clay returns our de spot will be in decent shape we just need to address dept! With that being said, we need to sign or draft cd's/s's, biggest need and the biggest impact to the team would come from the added additions to those positions, cd's starters/dept and s's dept and I hate to think it but barber possible replacement if he decides not to return!
    Last edited by Capital T; 12-10-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital T View Post
    O-line, is imo not an issue! Freak accidents accured, our dept stepped in and hasn't allowed more then 2 sacks in a single game! I'm okay with more dept but its not the answer to our problems right not,bigger concerns... Also I think when clay returns our de spot will be in decent shape we just need to address dept! With that being said, we need to sign or draft cd's/s's, biggest need and the biggest impact to the team would come from the added additions to those positions, cd's starters/dept and s's dept and I hate to think it barber possible replacement!
    another good backup tackle would be nice tho

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    What is everyones thoughts on adding a true slot reciever to this offense? Is it not the one thing missing? Could open up a ton of stuff, a guy that can just beat you on a slant time and time again for those short yardage pickups.

If Tavon Austin is there in the 2nd, Dom is going to have a really hard time not taking him unless there is a primo corner or FS that slipped and even then it would be a wrenching decision. Hope he drops that far and Dom is forced to make that decision.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Dotson's penalties have been frustrating, but he's doing great in the running game and is holding his own in the passing game. (5 sacks allowed in 13 starts) Like Bwall said, he's starting quality and should get better from here on out.

In my opinion, Donald Penn is struggling a lot more right now. Pro Football Focus says he has allowed 30 quarterback pressures this year which ranks him as one of the worst lineman against the pass rush. I don't know if his weight is still an issue, but he hasn't been his dominant self that we have seen in the past.

I don't think either player should be replaced, but I think it's necessary to draft/sign one quality backup that can play both tackle positions and can also push both Penn and Dotson for possibly a starting position.
    there are a lot of quality offensive lineman in he free agent class this year.
    a couple guys i really like are
    Will Svitek- challanged Sam Baker in Atlanta last year and in trainging camp this year until a arm injury ended his season
    Dennis Roland- Backup to andre Smith in Cincinati, he was once a Buccaneer (2006-2007) and at 6'9 325 he is a good run blocker that could challange Dotson.
    Gosder Cherilus- a tackle for the Lions he has started every game since his rookie year. Would be an upgrade over Dotson, Alowing Dotson to backup both tackle positions.
    Phil Loadholt- starting RT for the Vikings has helped clear the way for Adrian Peterson to become the NFL leading rusher this season. Loadholt may cost more than the other three players but he would also give us the best OL in the NFL no questions asked.

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast