Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Quincy Black Placed on IR (Update: Post #11)

Although Heyward filled in when Black went down, are we likely to see Watson from here on out? I think his speed will be a huge asset in pass coverage, especially since we will be facing Graham again, and Gonzalez twice. His pass rushing ability should also be a welcome asset, which should help our secondary.

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery for QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BucFanInVA View Post
    Although Heyward filled in when Black went down, are we likely to see Watson from here on out? I think his speed will be a huge asset in pass coverage, especially since we will be facing Graham again, and Gonzalez twice. His pass rushing ability should also be a welcome asset, which should help our secondary.

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery for QB
    I think we will see both of them and a lot of nickel packeges.

vCash
    ^^^^exactly....Hayward plays better in space, decent in coverage against the run. Watson has seen time replacing Black already this year for pass rush opportunities. I think you will see a rotation of them so neither gets overwhelmed.

Expect the nickel trend to continue, teams cant run so they have to pass. This makes us run ore nickel. Johnson, Biggers and Black will all see time on the field.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Bucs LB Quincy Black is expected to be "okay overall," but is having "complications" with his left arm.

Coach Greg Schiano admits the situation is "serious," and "hopes" Black's injury isn't career-threatening. Schiano has refused to rule Black out for 2012, but it seems extremely unlikely he takes the field again this season. Black has appeared in all nine games to date, making five starts. If his year is through, he'll finish with 35 tackles and zero sacks.
    Situations like this make you realize why the NFL is making these helmet to helmet hits such a big deal.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Hate the lost of black but shouldn't be a set back in our lb corps, I think we will still be functional with who we have!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Quincy Black Update:

Bucs placed SLB Quincy Black (neck) on injured reserve, ending his season.
    Black was hospitalized and suffered complications with his left arm. The injury is not believed to be career-threatening, but the Bucs obviously believed it will be awhile before he returns to form. Black was Tampa Bay's least effective starting linebacker through nine games, playing less than half the snaps of rookie Lavonte David. He will be in the third year of a five-year contract in 2013.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4238/quincy-black

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Reading that I don't see black on this team next yr, Dakota and heyward will step up and replace him in that spot!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital T View Post
    Reading that I don't see black on this team next yr, Dakota and heyward will step up and replace him in that spot!
    I agree. His guaranteed money has all been paid now, so he can be released with no penalty. I think that saves us around 17.5 million.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft or sign another SLB, though.

vCash
    I wouldnt be surprised to seem him last a little longer. He's due 5.75 mil a year for next 3 years, they can let him go or hold on to him at their will with little worry.

We Want Winston

vCash
    They probably wouldn't do this cause Mason is a stud in the middle, but IMO putting Hayward in the middle with the two studs on the outside(just for base 4-3) would probably work the best. However I've been wanting to see Watson get a real shot as a starter for some time.

vCash
    Rick Stroud:

LB Quincy Black may have played his last game for the Bucs. He had nerve graft surgery at end of Jan., GM Mark Dominik said.
    Black won't know if the surgery was successful for several months. He has had limited movement in his left arm since Nov. 11 tackle vs. SD.
    Black is scheduled to earn $5.5-million in base salary in 2013. He would be eligible for $1-million injury protection if can't play in '13.
    Bucs GM Mark Dominik on Black: "This is a unique surgery and it’s going to take time to figure out if it was successful. The reality is, that because of the nerve damage and the nerve grafting and everything, you won’t know if it’s successful for several months. It’s a tough injury and a unique injury... it's hard for us to have any timetable or feel for it.''
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 02-21-2013 at 04:54 PM.