Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

CBS Sports rumor : Bad blood between Schiano & Free?

Increasingly controversial CBSSports.com senior NFL writer Pete Prisco is not backing off his Monday Twitter claim that Josh Freeman and Greg Schiano are not fond of each other.

Speaking yesterday on 98.7 FM to co-host and former Buccaneers defensive tackle Booger McFarland, Prisco explained that he was told of a strained relationship between head coach and quarterback from various sources at the NFL Scouting Combine.

“It’s not warm and fuzzy like they might want to portray it as. Let’s put it at that,” Prisco said. “And I’ve heard it from a bunch of different people at the combine and ran it by some others I knew and would know. Yeah, it’s not a great relationship. And, you know, there’s actually rumblings that the Bucs are looking to draft a quarterback.”

First, Joe must say up front, Why does it matter whether Freeman and Schiano like each other? It’s not like Schiano is calling plays. And there are plenty of successful coaches that had strained relationships with their QBs.

Any Bucs fan could have expected that Schiano would come to Tampa and not be married to Freeman and/or feel like he has to be close to him or baby him.

For Joe, when Schiano set up a punt against Philadelphia to put the game in the hands of his heinous secondary, that was a clear sign Schiano had issues with Freeman.

Of course, there’s also a chance that the Bucs are spreading smoke screens around the NFL to help put them in position to trade down in the draft and use the extra pick to later trade up. Then there’s always the off chance that Schiano hates Michael Jackson.
    Hmm..... Not nothing new to me
    don't talk, check out the resumè

vCash
    I honestly think we should take Tyler Bray in the 3rd, we NEED to have a back up plan if Josh doesn't workout this year. I've done my fair share of Freeman bashing but I've stopped a bit because we don't have any other option that is worth a damn. But if he doesn't take us to the playoffs THIS year it's time to cut the cord sorry. I know this will piss off the Freeman lovers but 4 full years as a starter and still no playoffs sorry that might just be who he is.

vCash
    This is retarded. There are ZERO QB's worth drafting in this draft after the first round. Bray sucks. We'd be 10x's better off signing Matt Moore as a FA. Seriously. I'm not a Freeman lover either. I hope he pans out, but if not, we'd be better off waiting til the loaded QB draft class of next year than wasting a pick on a career 3rd string QB. We could draft a starting S, starting LB, starting TE, starting RT, starting slot WR, starting nose tackle with a 3rd round pick....or draft a guy that makes Bruce Gradkowski look like a pro-bowler....let's get real guys.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    @PFISH91: I like the idea of drafting T. Bray because of all of his upside. This would be ideal for us since he would not be expected to play on day 1. But the 3rd round is too high for me. I would take him in the 4th and preferably the 5th.

@ballchamp70: That move would not make sense to me. M. Moore is the best back-up QB on the market, but he has 0% chance of beating out Freeman for the starting job. Why would we pay the money for maybe the most covented FA QB on the market when Freeman never gets hurt and Moore would never get to play. Do you think M. Moore is the QB of our fuutre?

vCash
    First off, This is a suspect source at best.

Secondly, This is just fuel for the replace Freeman camp….

Thirdly BEWARE RANT BELOW

Of course things like this will come up because we didn’t make the playoffs and its blame the QB off season time…. Wow shocker, they are probably not best friends! GASP OMG THE SKY IS FALLING. Mind blown… Greg is not in love with Josh!!! You know what? I bet Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin are not best friends either. Also I’ll bet they have a fine working relationship. Aside from the obvious fact that Greg and Josh probably have limited interaction because one is the QB and the other is the head coach, maybe, JUST maybe Greg and Josh, two consummate professionals have a working relationship.

Guaranteed if we start winning games next year all this nonsense will go away. Basically disgusted I had to even read about this…..
    Last edited by hammy44; 02-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    I heard that Matt Barkley interviewed with the Bucs at the Combine. I think that the Bucs are set on Freeman being their guy, but they desperately want someone to push him and make him better. Drafting EJ Manual IMO would be perfect option to push Freeman. Plus I think he and EJ are very similar in their style. Drafting him would be good for EJ to learn under Free as well.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Ej Manuel is a nugget
    don't talk, check out the resumè

vCash
    Apparently a scout tweeted that "There is no way Matt Barkley will get passed the Arizona Cardinals at #7"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I honestly think we should take Tyler Bray in the 3rd, we NEED to have a back up plan if Josh doesn't workout this year. I've done my fair share of Freeman bashing but I've stopped a bit because we don't have any other option that is worth a damn. But if he doesn't take us to the playoffs THIS year it's time to cut the cord sorry. I know this will piss off the Freeman lovers but 4 full years as a starter and still no playoffs sorry that might just be who he is.
    I love that you only stopped bashing Josh because you can actually admit that the guy behind him could hardly hold a clip board.

I agree that he needs to show more; be more consistent; but the same folks (I'm not starting $h!t) that rag on Freeman supporters for making "excuses" love to point to his 4 years in the league as if it were some sort of completely cut and dry, black and white measuring tape of his development and ability. You're better off pointing to wins and losses.

Anyway, I really don't see a lot of strong candidates to come in and push Free as the starter. Bray seems like a head case, but who knows. I just think there are too many folks living in QB fantasy land with all these "other options" we have. Seriously, can anyone name 5 legitimate options via FA or the draft to come in and start over Josh; or even push him for the job? Can anyone name 3?

vCash
    Would anyone take Barkley in the 2nd round, those who are serious about competition for Freeman?

vCash
    If your bases the playoffs on freemans career here your clueless on how the team affects the chances of the team making the playoffs! Okay we've all said free needs to get better and yes he does, but his regular season #'s were better then eli mannings, Joe flacco, and just because his name was mentioned before Andrew luck... There's more but worthless to mention. The team must meet this man in the middle to make the playoffs, no way in hell you should base his career here on the playoffs flacco won the Damn bowl with the raven, not by himself!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    People kill me with this if he doesnt make the playoffs crap he should be cut, C'MON MAN!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    He won't be cut his contract is up, the question is do you shell out $60-70 million to a guy who hasn't taken us to the sweet land known as the playoffs? Also Flacco stepped up BIG TIME when his team needed him in December and January. I'm a big fan of Bray he has a cannon arm, put on 25lbs of muscle and rocked the combine. I don't think he'll be there in 4-5th rounds it'd be great value if he was but if he's there in the 3rd why not pull the trigger?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    He won't be cut his contract is up, the question is do you shell out $60-70 million to a guy who hasn't taken us to the sweet land known as the playoffs? Also Flacco stepped up BIG TIME when his team needed him in December and January. I'm a big fan of Bray he has a cannon arm, put on 25lbs of muscle and rocked the combine. I don't think he'll be there in 4-5th rounds it'd be great value if he was but if he's there in the 3rd why not pull the trigger?
    because josh is better than bray...you let free walk and play bray your taking a step back

we could get a quality starter with that pick...our 3rd last year turned into lavonte david

BWALL & QUIK FIX THIS MESS
    PSD Mock Draft
    1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Cody Latimer WR Indiana

vCash
    lol not getting into this argument again pretty sure this horse has been beaten to death

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast