Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Is it just me or does it look like that the main focus is shifting away from Farrell? Maybe it's just posturing to put pressure on Toronto, but I guess there is no way we are giving up huge value for JF.

Wallach and Ausmus are decent candidates, the latter is probably even more intriguing. I just want this to get done ASAP.

vCash
    I feel the same way ^. I hope they realize the price is probably too high.

I really like Ausmus too the more I read about him.

vCash
    i would rather go Ausmus than Farrell. Start fresh with someone new

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    i would rather go Ausmus than Farrell. Start fresh with someone new
    +1 Hopefully Lucchino lets BC do his job.

vCash
    Torre with an itch to manage again? Get it done. If not, I still want Alex Cora.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Torre with an itch to manage again? Get it done. If not, I still want Alex Cora.
    Theres no word on Alex Cora at all (yet). I do think he'd be a good choice though.

vCash
    Whoever eventually gets Cora is getting a hell of a manager. The guy knows baseball.

vCash
    It may be too soon for him. For example i know hes good friends with Pedroia.

vCash

Red Sox interview Wallach for 12 Hours

The Boston Red Sox began their search for a new manager Friday by interviewing Los Angeles Dodgers third-base coach Tim Wallach for nearly 12 hours.

"I hate to get too far ahead of myself but I thought it went really well," Wallach told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne on Friday. "It was a very informative day. It was a well-done interview process.

"I think it's a great opportunity. I know I said this before, but it really is one of the best organizations in baseball. I'm thrilled to get the opportunity to interview."

Next in line for the Red Sox will be San Diego Padres special assistant Brad Ausmus, who will interview next week, a source told ESPNBoston.com's Gordon Edes. The longtime catcher interviewed for the Houston Astros' managerial vacancy last month but later withdrew from the process.

The Red Sox, according to a team source, are looking for someone with big-league managerial, coaching or playing experience, which is why Triple-A manager Arnie Beyeler will not be considered for the position. Beyeler, who just led Pawtucket to the International League championship, but has no major-league experience, will be retained by the Sox, the source said.

Blue Jays manager John Farrell is still "at the top of the list" of candidates, a team source said, but the former Red Sox pitching coach has not heard whether Boston has approached the Blue Jays about speaking with him, according to a league source.

Asked about the Red Sox job Friday during an interview on MLB Network Radio, Farrell said, "I'm the manager of the Toronto Blue Jays. That's where I've been the last two years. That's where I currently am. This speculation started to rear its head again, oh, probably the final two months of the season.

"I can tell you this -- in my conversations with (general manager) Alex (Anthopoulos), it hasn't distracted me from my job and what the commitment there is. I'm extremely challenged (and) happy as manager of the Blue Jays."

The Red Sox made overtures to the Blue Jays about Farrell last year after Terry Francona was ousted. But the Blue Jays denied them permission and ultimately changed their internal rules for taking a job with another team, saying they would allow movement only in the event of a promotion.

Blue Jays first-base coach Torey Lovullo, another potential candidate for the job left vacant when Bobby Valentine was fired last week, has not heard from the Red Sox, according to a league source. Nor has Chicago White Sox third-base coach Joe McEwing, who talked with the Sox about the vacancy last offseason.

Wallach, 55, is a former five-time All-Star third baseman who managed the Dodgers' Triple-A team in Albuquerque for two seasons in between stints as Los Angeles' hitting coach and third-base coach.

"Tim Wallach is one of the classiest guys I've been fortunate to work with during my career," Dodgers bench coach Trey Hillman said. "He has a nose for the game. He never panics and he's always prepared. What a privilege to get to coach alongside him."

Wallach guided Albuquerque to a franchise-record 80 wins in 2009, and was named the Pacific Coast League's manager of the year.

The 43-year-old Ausmus was a catcher in the majors for 18 seasons and has been a special assistant to the Padres since 2010.

The Red Sox fired manager Valentine on Oct. 4, one day after completing a disappointing 69-93 season.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/84...ad-ausmus-next

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Dodger fans don't seem to care if he stays or goes, so I don't want him. I want a guy who the other team will be devastated to lose

vCash
    There is not a single viable candidate that qualifies as that. Maddon, Showalter, and Melvin are the only people that would exude that kind of reaction right now.

vCash
    Here is what i'm thinking. They are interviewing their 2nd and 3rd choices that way so if they can't get Farrell, they can make the choice right away.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    I really like both Wallach and Ausmus as options. Wallach>Sandberg tbh and a lot of people were on Sandberg's dick lol.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    I honestly have a hunch that Wallach's going to be the next manager.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I honestly have a hunch that Wallach's going to be the next manager.
    with them interviewing him for 12 hours i think so.

PAPI SMASH!

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast