Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Nick Cafardo ‏@nickcafardo
    Red Sox source insists team has not yet begun managerial search
    CoughBull****Cough

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay44 View Post
    CoughBull****Cough
    What's so difficult to believe? At the most they are in the brainstorming phase, and are not done with that yet.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    What's so difficult to believe? At the most they are in the brainstorming phase, and are not done with that yet.
    I mean its kind of is, just because they have lied to us before. They may be lying they may not. However i don't think they want to tell the press what they are doing yet.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay44 View Post
    I mean its kind of is, just because they have lied to us before. They may be lying they may not. However i don't think they want to tell the press what they are doing yet.
    If I was them, I wouldn't say a word until they had the presser to introduce the new Manager.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    If I was them, I wouldn't say a word until they had the presser to introduce the new Manager.
    x10

Why should we even have a clue about their decisions?

This is why i dont even want Farrell here anymore. Too overblown and overhyped. This isn't a knock on Farrell, it's just the way this situation has played out so far.

vCash
    I hope they give Manny Acta a chance to interview. I think he may do well in Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justabitoutside View Post
    I hope they give Manny Acta a chance to interview. I think he may do well in Boston.
    Based on what indication. Where is the justification in that stance. I truly am mystified. The guy may have a track baseball mind but between Washington and Cleveland what has he done.

vCash
    To be fair, Francona hadn't really done anything before coming here either. Acta's got a reputation for being very forward thinking and new stat friendly.

vCash
    Act was given very little to work with too. There were times when he had the Indians overperforming too. He is a good manager IMO, but i still think a change in culture was necessary in Cleveland.

vCash
    I think Acta has somewhat of a bad reputation among players. On the "Manager you would least want to play for" poll by SI he was 3rd behind BobbyV and Ozzie. I know he's a jerk, but Perez was happy when Acta was fired too.

Last year they used the media as part of the interview process. I don't think that really affected anything though. You would have to be a terrible candidate to screw up that portion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    I think Acta has somewhat of a bad reputation among players. On the "Manager you would least want to play for" poll by SI he was 3rd behind BobbyV and Ozzie. I know he's a jerk, but Perez was happy when Acta was fired too.
    Not that you're suggesting this, but I dont think its a smart idea to hire a guy that just got fired from Cleveland anyway. Nonetheless, i dont think Acta is a bad manager. Cleveland players didnt have much to be happy about to begin wit so im sure a strict manager wasnt their favorite thing in the world.

vCash
    I am not sure who would be the guy for the job. In my post, I just mentioned that I hope he gets a chance to interview. I like Ferrell, but am not so sure we will pay the price Toronto is asking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    x10

Why should we even have a clue about their decisions?

This is why i dont even want Farrell here anymore. Too overblown and overhyped. This isn't a knock on Farrell, it's just the way this situation has played out so far.
    I think you're right.

I'm not advocating for or against Farrell, as I really don't care one way or the other. I do however, think he can handle the players and the Boston press, which is huge in this market. Also, he is a big saber guy, and has a history with the players, FO, city etc., which would on the surface, make him seem to be a very viable candidate.

He still needs a team to manage, so ir-regardless of his qualifications, unless the product on the field improves, he could be in for a rough first season, if he does in fact end up as skipper.

Fans could be in for a let down if they think he will be the deciding chip in returning them to glory....he will help, but there has to be a lot fall into place for them to seriously contend next season.

Setting up for contention in 2014 and beyond seems more likely.........

vCash
    The Red Sox will start their search for a new manager in earnest in the next few days, ESPN.com’s Buster Olney writes. Boston will start by asking the Blue Jays for permission to speak with John Farrell, Olney reports. Ausmus could be a candidate in Boston, too.

MLBTR

vCash
    Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
    #RedSox GM Ben Cherington offered "no comment" when asked if he had requested permission to interview any candidates from other teams.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast