Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Torre wasn't new. He managed a couple teams before the Yankees.

@brianmacp
    Cherington refused to talk about Valentine other than to say, "We'll talk about it after the season."

Contract extension announced tomorrow!
    Oh okay my bad. Still i find experience overrated. It's more of the fit within the context (in baseball that would be the city and current state of the given team) that matters to me.

Not many people can handle the Boston media. I think the Boston media is a disgrace though. They need to focus a little more on baseball and less on trying to screw with people's lives. Francona is living testament to how terrible the media in Boston is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Im too young to know, but what was Torre's perception with people at the time of his hiring with NY?
    Torre was known as a pretty good guy. Mediocre record with St. Louis, good job in Atlanta from what I remember, play-off team in 82' I think, IIRC.

He wasn't really well received initially by the media in NY, just going from memory. Steinbrenner was always quick with wanting to can his managers, so I doubt anyone figured he would last as long as he did....funny how success changes peoples opinions....

I personally liked Joe.....

vCash
    Nick Cafardo ‏@nickcafardo
    Red sox going hard for john farrell but don't rule out varitek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Wow. Id really hope this is over with ASAP. By the end of the playoffs i want BC to be able to focus on the physical team; not the manager situation.

Still too soon for Varitek if you ask me.

vCash
    I liked John but him as our manager and given someone big to get him out of his contract with the Jays? Some managers I would like to see interviewed

Joe Torre

Mike Maddox

Arnie Beyeler

Ryne Sandberg

vCash

vCash
    I think the Boston media is a disgrace though. They need to focus a little more on baseball and less on trying to screw with people's lives. Francona is living testament to how terrible the media in Boston is.
    NO!

LL fed the media the stories about Francona and they did what they are paid to do. Some people don't like freedom of speech, but if you don't know how it works? Or the laws that support it?

*#&#*#*#*#*#*# &@^$&$((+

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Still too soon for Varitek if you ask me.
    x2

Tek is not near seasoned enough for this job in this city - not even 25% of the way there.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
    Cherington did not name any candidates. Lucchino said that MLB experience, unlike last season, is not being stressed.

vCash
    I want the Red Sox to hire someone who can wipe the slate. All new coaches. I'm tired of people saying the players need to be reminded of the good times. Why do we continue to coddle? Hire someone like ausmus. Let him hire a new staff and bite the bullet. Part of the big problem with bobby was that we forced a coaching staff on him. I want Ben and his new manager to have free reign to build something new

vCash
    Jose Canseco ‏@JoseCanseco
    @redsox. How about a manager interview? Or hitting coach?

vCash
    Jose Canseco ‏@JoseCanseco
    @redsox. How about a manager interview? Or hitting coach?
    How about a hell no Jose? Haha

vCash
    how about the all juiced coach team?

Manager: Barry Bonds
    1st Base Coach: Jason Giambi
    3rd Base Coach: Jose Canseco
    Hitting Coach: Mark McGwire
    Pitching Coach: Roger Clemens

How entertaining would that season be?
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
    Cherington did not name any candidates. Lucchino said that MLB experience, unlike last season, is not being stressed.

There goes Lucchino again..... Why doesn't he just let BC do the job he is paid to do, and stay out of on field affairs? The puppet master..............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    I want the Red Sox to hire someone who can wipe the slate. All new coaches. I'm tired of people saying the players need to be reminded of the good times. Why do we continue to coddle? Hire someone like ausmus. Let him hire a new staff and bite the bullet. Part of the big problem with bobby was that we forced a coaching staff on him. I want Ben and his new manager to have free reign to build something new
    BV was out of baseball for a decade, he really had no circle of coaches to go to, or have "his" coaches, and he just seems/seemed like a know it all anyway, so it was doomed for conception.

I do agree that BC should be allowed to hire his guy and tell LL to stay the hell off the field.............

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast