Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Farrell is a disaster.
    I wouldnt go that far haha, but i think everyone buying into him is only setting us up for disappointment if he does become our manager.

vCash
    Farrell is a disaster.
    How is that? He's been mediocre in Toronto - middle of the road. His traits seem a better fit for Boston.

Francona was like a .370 Manager in Philly for instance.

I told everyone that Valentine was going to be a disaster, I don't at all have the same sense about Farrell.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    How is that? He's been mediocre in Toronto - middle of the road. His traits seem a better fit for Boston.

Francona was like a .370 Manager in Philly for instance.

I told everyone that Valentine was going to be a disaster, I don't at all have the same sense about Farrell.
    I wouldn't called that team mediocre. They have two of the top hitters in baseball. Also young Brett Lawrie...Reports he had little control of them. Running wild on the bases, bunting when it would hurt them more, taking the bat out of Enarcarion hands. And his players were immature pricks, including one that wrote slur on his face.

I just do not see what is their desperation for Farrell is about here in Boston.

vCash
    Anyone know anything bout Wallach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Won manager of the year for the Albuquerque Isotopes and is LAD's 3B coach and former hitting coach. He had a solid MLB career too.

vCash
    I wouldn't called that team mediocre. They have two of the top hitters in baseball. Also young Brett Lawrie...Reports he had little control of them. Running wild on the bases, bunting when it would hurt them more, taking the bat out of Enarcarion hands. And his players were immature pricks, including one that wrote slur on his face.

I just do not see what is their desperation for Farrell is about here in Boston.
    Go ahead and look at runs scored and runs allowed - then look at the predicted record and his record. He basically managed them to the record that they should have had.

What reports? Could you point to them?

Seems like he was undermined to a great extent by his GM this year, maybe he wanted problems gone that were not gone.

Whatever his flaws it's almost impossible for him to be as bad or worse then BV, and in fact I'd expect him to be decent.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Very good 3B. Was a batting coach, been kicking around the minors as a manager. He's a tough guy as I recall, and a bit of character. He's been retired a long time, so he's paid his dues.

vCash
    Go ahead and look at runs scored and runs allowed - then look at the predicted record and his record. He basically managed them to the record that they should have had.

Seems like he was undermined to a great extent by his GM this year, maybe he wanted problems gone that were not gone.

Whatever his flaws it's almost impossible for him to be as bad or worse then BV, and in fact I'd expect him to be decent.
    Omar Vizquel blasted them for being unaccountable for repeated mistakes. I guess it was Escobar's that broke the camel back that he finally vented out his frustrations on how Farrell and his coaches handled the team. I guess you missed this one. it's pretty recent and a google on Omar Vizquel will bring up what I'm saying.

vCash
    I can see that Farrell might be a good fit in Boston, but maybe it's just not his time. It bothers me that everybody's talking like we should just hand him the job. He sure is capable and would be an upgrade over BV but: Are we sure that Farrell is the best candidate available? What other legitimate candidates are?

Last offseason there was no real competition for the job, LL just picked his guy and we'va all seen the results. This time I'd like to see real competition and the FO has to make sure that they'll give the job to the man who is the most capable and the best fit for this team right now and on to the future.

We should not overlook worthy candidates like Arnie Beyeler, Dave Martinez, etc. just because we're infatuated with Farrell. If those reports about him being unable to control his team, and specially some young players, I think we should look our next manager elseware

vCash
    Heard a lot of good about Wallach's managerial abilities over the past few years. Rather have him to Farrell as our next manager.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash

I've watched Farrell almost all year in TO, and given what he's had to work with, he's done a rather good job IMO. One of the two hitter you speak of, Bautista, has been out for almost half a year, and Lawrie has been alright for the most part, nothing special, and has made some "young" mistakes, like bunting on his own a few times, when he should have been swinging, and Farrell has actually called him on it in those instances, I've seen it. All part of growing with such a young team I believe.

He lost 60% of his starting staff in a matter of 10 days. Closer never panned out, Escobar has been a thorn, Lind hasn't produced, Romero has been terrible, and Travis Snider, whom I believe had issues with Farrell was one of the immature guys, and was cast off.

I guess you could argue that he lost control, but I just don't see that. Just no real talent, or not to be too harsh, maybe raw talent I guess.

Not sure if he would succeed in Boston or not, but he is a known and respected entity already.....that's a bit more than I can say for BV.....

vCash

Alex A. is a really good young GM, and has a certain vision/ template of how he wants to build the Jays, which I'm not sure meshes with Farrell's wants/needs, be it short term or long term.

All accounts have them on the same page, which is how it supposed to be spelled out, but I doubt it. I doubt however, there is a significant rift or Ir-repairable damages, rather just the everyday plights of manager/GM.

That said, the team just hasn't been very good. Plain and simple. Injuries, and growing pains for a really young team have taken the wind out of their sails.

Vizquel has been doing some beaking as of late, but it is what it is, and Escobar has been critical at times, but from what I remember, didn't he have the same issues in Atlanta?

Overall, I would say Farrell has done a decent job giving the circumstances.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taffi101 View Post
    Alex A. is a really good young GM, and has a certain vision/ template of how he wants to build the Jays, which I'm not sure meshes with Farrell's wants/needs, be it short term or long term.

All accounts have them on the same page, which is how it supposed to be spelled out, but I doubt it. I doubt however, there is a significant rift or Ir-repairable damages, rather just the everyday plights of manager/GM.

That said, the team just hasn't been very good. Plain and simple. Injuries, and growing pains for a really young team have taken the wind out of their sails.

Vizquel has been doing some beaking as of late, but it is what it is, and Escobar has been critical at times, but from what I remember, didn't he have the same issues in Atlanta?

Overall, I would say Farrell has done a decent job giving the circumstances.....
    Good answers in these last couple of posts. Thanks.

vCash
    Gordon Blakeley, a long-time scout and special assistant to Yankees GM Brian Cashman, is reportedly interested in leaving New York for a position with the Red Sox.
    Edes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Edes
    Wowza. The Sox said that they wanted to bring in someone Sr to help BC for a couple of years.

The only way Cashman would take the role IMO is that the meddling power behind the throne (LL) cannot mess with him, or baseball ops in general.

Great! LL is fine for business related areas. Cashman is no dummy. BC has skills. Get a decent Manager and road map to get us to opening day 2015 and my faith would be largely restored.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast