Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    meh carfardo is alright atlest its not jim bowen tweeting and saying Ausmus is the favorite. Jim Bowden is always wrong lol
    lol yeah hes a joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    If Cafardo likes him it means he will be a horrible choice

‏@nickcafardo
    Brad Ausmus didn't want to get into specifics of his Red Sox interview. He has spent most of the day with Sox management.

Got to like that Ausmus declined to talk to the media. Wallach and Pena talked a bit. I bet Cafardo was miffed after his article today.
    This is EXACTLY what the Red Sox need right now. I've really got my fingers crossed that they choose Ausmus now. After reading this, I'm going to be disappointed if it's anybody else.
    Perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    lol yeah hes a joke
    speaking of bowden

JIM BOWDEN‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

Red Sox after tomorrow will have interviewed Ausmus. Pena, Wallach and Hale while still talking w Toronto re Farrell hire probably from Grp

PAPI SMASH!

vCash

vCash
    Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox have engaged in compensation talks for Blue Jays manager John Farrell.
    Farrell, as Cafardo notes, is the guy that the Red Sox are "most comfortable with" to hire as their next manager, but he's under contract with the Jays next season. It remains to be seen what Toronto's demands will be and whether Boston will be willing to give in to them. Orioles third base coach DeMarlo Hale will interview for the job Thursday, and the Sox currently have no one scheduled after that. Dodgers third base coach Tim Wallach, Padres executive Brad Ausmus and Yankees bench coach Tony Pena have already been interviewed

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Don't know, but at this point, I'd be disappointed if the job goes to Farrell. I think we've already interviewed some fitting candidates. Right now, my list is looking as follows: 1. Ausmus ; 2. Wallach 3. Farrell/Pena ; 4. Hale

And even if it's gotta be Farrell, we better not give up anything worthwhile with all those candidates standing in the line.

vCash
    So everyone's favorite is Ausmus I can see. I'd be fine with either him or Wallach.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    lol, didn't like him last year and dislike him even more now.

vCash
    I don't want Farrell anymore, I really like Ausmus and Wallach.

vCash
    http://www.boston.com/sports/2012/10...wKM/story.html

According to a former National League general manager, the Red Sox may also have discussed something other than managing with Ausmus, perhaps even a bench coach position under someone like John Farrell. But it appears that Ausmus would want to manage the Red Sox, not be a coach.
    Ausmus, who declined comment about the interview...
    ****. I have a feeling the Sox are going to pay a King's Ransom for Farrell and may have insulted Ausmus in the process by asking him if he would be interested in being Farrell's bench coach, WHILE he was interview for the manager's position.

I know that would piss me off and the fact that he declined to comment could be an indicator that he was insulted (I hope I'm not reading into it too much).
    Perfection.

vCash
    Ausmus IMO is the guy that could do the best or the worst. He's very tough - that either works or it fails - and please SPARE me the sermon about the team needing to be tough and getting the worst/lazy pieces of **** out of here - the fact is there are 25 players, and one Manager. Proving a point and losing yet another season or two is not wise - even if it satisfies the Marine Top Kick fantasy some of us have. Not sure he's worth the gamble.

I think Wallach is the best move. When Farrell is not retained by the Jays they can give him some job - like Sr. Special Assistant to the GM, or Pitching Coordinator for all levels or whatever. If Wallch falters, viola, you've got the guy you *think* you want ready to go, he costs you nothing in compensation to a team. Besides, I think he likes that upstairs/back room crap. Maybe he can take over (and get minority owner status) when we are finally rid of that snake, LL if they like him that much. But paying Toronto something valuable to get him is asinine.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-18-2012 at 08:55 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
    http://www.boston.com/sports/2012/10...wKM/story.html

****. I have a feeling the Sox are going to pay a King's Ransom for Farrell and may have insulted Ausmus in the process by asking him if he would be interested in being Farrell's bench coach, WHILE he was interview for the manager's position.

I know that would piss me off and the fact that he declined to comment could be an indicator that he was insulted (I hope I'm not reading into it too much).
    Yeah i dont think you can read into this really.

vCash
    All I can say is they will be looking for another manager next year again if they pick JF. He has failed in Toronto and will fail here too. Not saying I don't like JF I just don't want us to give a top prospect for a manger who has failed but I guess the FO don't care about that. JF is not the answer. We have plenty of candidates that I'd be happy to have. Wallach, Pena, Ausmus.
    Like others are saying why interview 12 hrs and then say sorry we wanted JF all along. I'd be pissed off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    All I can say is they will be looking for another manager next year again if they pick JF. He has failed in Toronto and will fail here too.
    I don't think it's fair to say he's failed in Toronto, he's had a less than stellar team to manage on the field (in fact, the Jays are downright terrible, not even including the injuries).

Not saying I don't like JF I just don't want us to give a top prospect for a manger who has failed but I guess the FO don't care about that.
    You won't have to give up a top prospect, Jays fans are crazy thinking they'll be getting anyone outside of a top 10 guy.

JF is not the answer. We have plenty of candidates that I'd be happy to have. Wallach, Pena, Ausmus.
    Agreed - personally I think you guys should hire Ausmus, but I truly think Farrell will be the guy...

Like others are saying why interview 12 hrs and then say sorry we wanted JF all along. I'd be pissed off!
    Agree as well - stop wasting other people's times if you know the guy you want, buck up and get it done. Toronto shouldn't be unreasonable with compensation but getting him for free or some top 40 guy isn't going to happen either.

It'll be an interesting offseason that's for sure.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    You guys are cryin too much over who's manager. It's all about the guys on the field. Even torree wasn't joe torree until he managed The Yankee talent
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    You guys are cryin too much over who's manager. It's all about the guys on the field. Even torree wasn't joe torree until he managed The Yankee talent
    Youre right, he was Joe "Torre".

But seriously, i think managers' effects on the game are overrated, especially in the AL. I just want a clubhouse that doesnt have a new problem for the media to report every day. There were more off the field headlines than on the field headlines this year. That was sad to see.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast