Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Wowza. The Sox said that they wanted to bring in someone Sr to help BC for a couple of years.

The only way Cashman would take the role IMO is that the meddling power behind the throne (LL) cannot mess with him, or baseball ops in general.

Great! LL is fine for business related areas. Cashman is no dummy. BC has skills. Get a decent Manager and road map to get us to opening day 2015 and my faith would be largely restored.
    I think you read AI's post wrong. It seems like you think that Cashman is interested in coming here when it is his assistant that Edes was talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    I think you read AI's post wrong. It seems like you think that Cashman is interested in coming here when it is his assistant that Edes was talking about.
    Classic... I read the name as a reporters name.... well my only excuse is cup 3 of my latest new coffee bean - wicked high caf content... Be fun if we got Cashmam for his cushy last job before retirement...

BTW, to change topics if you like coffee a lot, there is nothing like roasting your own... mmmmm..
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Red Sox Stats ‏@redsoxstats
    On his weekly ESPN video Gordon Edes says managerial candidates are Farrell, Alomar Jr., Mike Lowell, Brad Ausmus, and Bill Mueller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Red Sox Stats ‏@redsoxstats
    On his weekly ESPN video Gordon Edes says managerial candidates are Farrell, Alomar Jr., Mike Lowell, Brad Ausmus, and Bill Mueller
    Is he talking about who his top candidates are? Or what candidates the Red Sox are actually looking at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Is he talking about who his top candidates are? Or what candidates the Red Sox are actually looking at.
    Im guessing the latter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Classic... I read the name as a reporters name.... well my only excuse is cup 3 of my latest new coffee bean - wicked high caf content... Be fun if we got Cashmam for his cushy last job before retirement...

BTW, to change topics if you like coffee a lot, there is nothing like roasting your own... mmmmm..
    Not a hot coffee guy, but i do like it iced. Living in a dorm really cramps the ability to get a good cup of coffee anyways.

vCash
    Bill Mueller would be great. Seriously, i would love that.

I like Lowell but there are mixed opinions on him and to me he seems like a perfect match for Miami.

vCash
    He's probably pulling those last 3 names out of his ***. He listed them as possible out of the box candidates like a week ago. Mueller likes it on the West coast and never liked media attention.

vCash

vCash
    My manager at work is a NYY fan. He said you need a manager like Joe Torre or someone like Joe Girardi. And I completely agreed with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    My manager at work is a NYY fan. He said you need a manager like Joe Torre or someone like Joe Girardi. And I completely agreed with him.
    Im too young to know, but what was Torre's perception with people at the time of his hiring with NY?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Im too young to know, but what was Torre's perception with people at the time of his hiring with NY?
    Same here maybe Bags would know. If he got along I guess It cant hurt.

vCash
    What was the perception of Joe Torre when he got hired?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    What was the perception of Joe Torre when he got hired?

See, this is why i would like to see a guy who is new to managing. Everyone starts somewhere.

Edit - thanks though Lav

vCash
    Torre wasn't new. He managed a couple teams before the Yankees.

@brianmacp
    Cherington refused to talk about Valentine other than to say, "We'll talk about it after the season."

Contract extension announced tomorrow!
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 10-03-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast