Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Red Sox 2013 Managerial/FO Changes

Theres going to be a lot of news/rumors about our manager for next season and a lot of changes will and are being made to the front office staff.

I made this thread so we can talk about these type of moves and hirings and keep it separate from the thread about the actual team next year.

vCash
    Gordon Edes

Red Sox are about to hire Eddie Bane, the man who drafted Mike Trout, as a top talent evaluator. At least one more hire expected.

vCash
    #SoxNation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Gordon Edes

Red Sox are about to hire Eddie Bane, the man who drafted Mike Trout, as a top talent evaluator. At least one more hire expected.
    Someone with experience is always a good hire. Especially someone who saw what he did in Trout!

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Someone with experience is always a good hire. Especially someone who saw what he did in Trout!
    Yeah he was also behind the Broujos and Trumbo picks and the Morales signing. Sounds solid to me.

vCash
    Trout was a first round pick. He didn't pick him by himself.

vCash
    Trout was on a few team #1 if he is still avail the time they pick, including the MFY.

vCash
    Everything is academic (and not fully effective) until LL loses his "Mr. Fixit" (I.E. get in the way on everything when he feels like it) role. He's the center of the chaos over there.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Everything is academic (and not fully effective) until LL loses his "Mr. Fixit" (I.E. get in the way on everything when he feels like it) role. He's the center of the chaos over there.
    Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see this as long as Henry owns the Sox. We all want him as far away from the GM and the decision makers, it'll never happen though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see this as long as Henry owns the Sox. We all want him as far away from the GM and the decision makers, it'll never happen though.
    Unless we can find a way to make LL bang Henry's wife

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Trout was a first round pick. He didn't pick him by himself.
    Of course not, I was high on Trout coming into that draft class and wanted the Red Sox to get him. All in all he had some say in the process. Still good talent vision. One way or another.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Of course he had a major say in the pick. I just hate when media says things like "this guy drafted Trout". It's a collaborative effort, especially in the first round. I also doubt he had much to do with Morales. That's the director of international scouting, and depending on the money Morales got, mostly the scout.

vCash
    either way i doubt its a bad thing. But obviously it wasnt like he was the only one who wanted to draft Trout, or that Trout wasnt expected to be a good player.

vCash
    Gresh (Tweets) & Zo ‏@GreshandZo
    Our MLB Insider @JonHeymanCBS just told us John Farrell and Tim (not Jon) Wallach are the names he's hearing the most for #RedSox Mgr job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Gresh (Tweets) & Zo ‏@GreshandZo
    Our MLB Insider @JonHeymanCBS just told us John Farrell and Tim (not Jon) Wallach are the names he's hearing the most for #RedSox Mgr job
    Farrell is a disaster.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast