Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    A bunch of the Olympians fought today on CBS. I think Showtime is going to showmthere highlights.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    I love watching Amir Khan. He's always been in exciting fights. He's lighting quick. All he needs is a chin and he'd be a top boxer for years.

I hope he fights someone of high caliber after this though. Maybe Brandon Rios or Timothy Bradley.

vCash
    YESSSSS!!!! Amir king khan baby. Back on the way to the top. He looked amazing under Virgil Hunter, Lets see who's next.

vCash
    That was a beautiful offensive showcase by Amir Khan.

vCash
    Khan showed some improvement against a easy opponent. He uses the whole ring, isnt in such a rush to fight all the time, he actually fought off the ropes for the first time ever and even grabbed once.

That's a nice improvement for 8 weeks.

What I didn't like that he still got hit with big shots, if those are from a real threat, khan probably knocked out again. Another thing I noticed is every time he gets hit his head snaps back, even against Molina this was true. Not a good sign.

I think he needs to take more easy fights and continue to work his craft with hunter. He explodes in spurts, doesn't pick his shots, still very amateurish. Molina shouldof been knocked out in no less than 6 rnds, and that's being nice.

Khan did look incredibly fast though.

How about that wilder KO though! That was a bomb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Khan showed some improvement against a easy opponent. He uses the whole ring, isnt in such a rush to fight all the time, he actually fought off the ropes for the first time ever and even grabbed once.

That's a nice improvement for 8 weeks.

What I didn't like that he still got hit with big shots, if those are from a real threat, khan probably knocked out again. Another thing I noticed is every time he gets hit his head snaps back, even against Molina this was true. Not a good sign.

I think he needs to take more easy fights and continue to work his craft with hunter. He explodes in spurts, doesn't pick his shots, still very amateurish. Molina shouldof been knocked out in no less than 6 rnds, and that's being nice.

Khan did look incredibly fast though.

How about that wilder KO though! That was a bomb.
    I agree.

If he was more patient and attacked when opponents were vulnerable, he could knock out more people. But he just punches whenever he feels like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I agree.

If he was more patient and attacked when opponents were vulnerable, he could knock out more people. But he just punches whenever he feels like.
    His hand speed is incredibly impressive, but if you see his attack coming, or feel the first punch, all you need to do is basically move your head a little bit, and keep your guard tight and he misses most of it because there mostly pre determined combos.

He fights to fast for his own good.

I also don't like that his head always in the same place. If you watched boxing brawler types like mosley or Pryor in there time, they were aggressive just like khan, but they rarely were in the same place the way khan is.

You don't need to see khan to know where his head his. Feel the attack and let go the bomb, your bound to land. Rematch that Garcia fight, kid was getting lite up, he didn't have a clue what was going on, but he knew where to throw those loaded shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    His hand speed is incredibly impressive, but if you see his attack coming, or feel the first punch, all you need to do is basically move your head a little bit, and keep your guard tight and he misses most of it because there mostly pre determined combos.

He fights to fast for his own good.

I also don't like that his head always in the same place. If you watched boxing brawler types like mosley or Pryor in there time, they were aggressive just like khan, but they rarely were in the same place the way khan is.

You don't need to see khan to know where his head his. Feel the attack and let go the bomb, your bound to land. Rematch that Garcia fight, kid was getting lite up, he didn't have a clue what was going on, but he knew where to throw those loaded shots.
    Yea, he still has a lot of things to fix in his game.

I agree about him just punching in bunches. He'll get destroyed by practically every counterpunchers with solid power or by brawlers who can take his punches if he doesn't improve and learn when to pick his spots.

I also noticed that you can get some head shots on him. Molina was getting a couple of good shots in there. He needs to learn how to constantly move his head if he wants to fight at that kind of pace.

I honestly hope he improves because I love watching him fight. He's always in exciting fights.

vCash
    Khan fractured both of his hands.

Ironic, because in an interview recently roach literally said whoever wraps his hands better make sure they wrap them tight.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-16-2012 at 02:36 AM.

vCash
    Is that a first or has he always had brittle hands?

vCash
    Don't think so, but sounds like roach may of known something, both hands is pretty suspicious. I'm going to assume whoever did the wraps didn't do a good job.

vCash
    His chin is basically eggshells. So maybe his hands are as well.

vCash
    His chin isn't that bad. Anyone would have been KO from the left hook from Garcia
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    His chin isn't that bad. Anyone would have been KO from the left hook from Garcia
    I think more fighters could have recuperated better than Khan did after that left hook.

vCash
    ^ No way. That shot would have knocked out almost anyone, Amir even got up and started to see Garcia's Punches and he started to throw back. But that was a monster left hook.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast