Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Donaire-Arce set for December 15

MANILA -- The highly anticipated showdown between 4-division champion Nonito Donaire Jr and Mexican star Jorge Arce is a go in Mexico City on Dec. 15, 2012. The deal will be finalized by Top Rank President Bob Arum on Monday. Donaire, who is currently in Manila to sit as one of the TV panelists for this evening's world championship battle between AJ Banal of the Philippines and Punglulang Sor Singyu of Thailand, had just successfully defended his WBO superbantam belt last week against long-time champion Toshiaki Nishioka of Japan in Carson, CA. The Mexican slugger Arce, according to reports, was not impressed by Donaire's performance and was quoted as saying he has the key to beat the speedster Donaire. More to come... (With reports from Ronnie Nathanielsz and Dong Secuya)
    http://www.filipinoflash.com/news/it...xico-on-dec-15

vCash
    Can Arce even walk anymore?

Donaire will never fight rigo.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    Highlight reel material.

vCash
    lol. This is going to be a lopsided fight. Donaire by KO.

vCash
    Wanted to let my fans know that Dec 15 is not concrete. I havent heard from my manager and until he says then nothing is a go. Until that I am going to continue my vacation in Philippines. Trust me you'll hear confirmation from me first.
    from his facebook

vCash
    If it's December 15th, that's a fairly short amount of time between fights for Donaire. But then again, he didn't really get hit that much his last fight.

vCash
    So this fight fell apart... Flash not happy with terms.. I swear if they make arce vs rigo imma be so pissed. It'll be Arce chasing rigo, while rigo throws a couple punches and clinches or runs
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    Rigo would ice Arce, and Arce wouldn't even think of fighting him anyway. And neither will that fraud donaire.

vCash

Donaire vs Arce rumored to be headed to Houston, still on December 15

BoxingScene.com reports that sources close to Team Arce are saying that negotiations for a fight between Nonito Donaire and Jorge Arce are still ongoing, with the bout now being targeted for the Toyota Center in Houston, rather than Mexico City.

Donaire reportedly balked at the terms offered recently, and turned down fighting Arce in Mexico City on December 15. That's still the date being discussed, reportedly, and HBO would televise. I think we can probably guess that Top Rank's pipe dream of holding a card at Marlins Park in Miami is gone, as there have been no further discussions about that date after Timothy Bradley indicated he was happy to take the rest of 2012 off.

Donaire (30-1, 19 KO) and Arce (61-6-2, 46 KO) have done this dance many times over the past couple of years, and there's still no reason to expect the fight to actually get done. Both sides have always seemed to report a more serious interest than they actually have in making the fight. It's a promoter's dream for Bob Arum, who matches his guy (Donaire) with an exciting, popular, and almost certainly overmatched opponent (Arce) for good money, and Arce really wouldn't lose anything by losing to Donaire, either. Nobody would expect him to win, I don't think, and he wouldn't lose any value, probably.

At this point, even though I think it's a mismatch or at the very least a tailor-made fight for Donaire, I just hope it happens so we can stop talking about it every few months, after every Donaire fight.

vCash
    Fight is officially set. I feel sorry for Arce

vCash
    At least rigondeux is onnthe undercard. He could both of them inside 5 rnds IMO.

vCash
    At least arce comes to fight
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    Rigo's style is perfect for Donaire. I think Donaire would wipe him out similar to how he wiped out Nishioka.

Rigo has shown flaws in his last fight. Against number 50 ranked Roberto Marroquin, he got rocked badly twice, both by counter left hooks. Which is a punch that Donaire is famous for ever since he KOed Darchinyan with it. The reason Rigo got hit is because he keeps his right hand way too low. If Marrouqin had any experience he could have finished him. I think the size, speed, and power of Donaire will be too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    At least arce comes to fight
    Something we havnt seen donaire do in 3 fights!

vCash
    Bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast