Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nets lost $144 million this past season. $131 million more than any other NBA team!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...seems-to-care/

The basketball side of the Netsí business is projected to have lost $144 million over the 2013-14 season, according to a confidential memo the league sent to all 30 teams in early June. (Grantland has reviewed and verified the memo with a half-dozen sources.) If that strikes you as out of whack, thatís because it is.

The NBA expects nine teams will end up having lost money once luxury-tax distribution and revenue-sharing payments are finalized. The Nets, with that monster $144 million figure, are the biggest losers. Next in line? The Wizards, with projected losses of about $13 million. Thatís right: The Nets lost $131 million more than any other NBA team last season. This is what happens when you pay $90 million in luxury tax for an aging roster and play in a market so large you are ineligible to receive any revenue-sharing help.

The other "losers" that ended up losing money were 8 other teams and those teams lost only around 13 million and down.

That is a whooping amount. Plus, they're gonna lose the things they got last season (Garnett and Pierce) AND will still not have draft picks!

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

And btw, these kind of losses remind me of the Knicks circa 2002-2009. SPending a TON on the team, but paying around $150 million a year to put out that losing roster.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

no wonder that russian owner wants to sell now.
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    LeBron is NEVER winning another championship

I think the Lakers made 100 mill, despite that being our worst season ever lmao. And we don't get any of the revenue share since the Lakers are in in LA.

Where is domefavors lol. Looks like the owner doesn't want to spend that much and is looking to sell and jason kids was like, okay this team is gonna suck when management finally decides the plug the hole which is the entire nets roster

holy ****.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Royce Da 5'9 8. Logic 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

Meanwhile Lakers made the largest profit despite paying out the largest portion of revenue sharing.

Yep.

the blueprint to success....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Meanwhile Lakers made the largest profit despite paying out the largest portion of revenue sharing.

Yep.
    You saw that too? They made over 100 million profit and pay the most towards sharing but yet still people hope they stay irrelevant. The lakers are good for the league.

Do me Favors be like : nets are championship contenders, so it's alright.

[/Center]

Not one but two Poor runed franchises in NY and Nj.

Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    You saw that too? They made over 100 million profit and pay the most towards sharing but yet still people hope they stay irrelevant. The lakers are good for the league.
    I believe most of that stems from their TV deal... Had nothing to do with how they performed this season... Tickets hardly put a dent in revenue ... So between sponsors and TV the lakers are set and they will stay that way.. Same with the Knicks...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    I think the Lakers made 100 mill, despite that being our worst season ever lmao. And we don't get any of the revenue share since the Lakers are in in LA.
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/gr...lion-pricetag/

Yeah, the article says that the Lakers and Knicks are disqualified from ever being able to benefit from revenue sharing due to having such a large market but doesn't say anything about the Clippers or Nets being disqualified even though they are in the same market. Kinda bogus if you ask me.

If a guy was to buy the Lakers, he would have to pay way more than any other owner of any team, he would not be able to ever receive money like other teams do even if he is under the cap, he has the biggest obligation to provide welfare to the rest of the league, he cant use his resources to be able to sign anyone due to the cap, and he will have other owners, coaches, and players b1tching when he makes a smart move, and a commissioner bending to that b1thching to veto moves.

If I was a billionaire, I would buy the Cavs and just sit back and collect checks, cry about other teams making smart moves, and wait for the league to rig the lottery for me to get 3 number 1 picks in 4 years. Oops, Gilbert has already mastered that and he wont be giving up that gravy train.

They need to clean house

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/gr...lion-pricetag/

Yeah, the article says that the Lakers and Knicks are disqualified from ever being able to benefit from revenue sharing due to having such a large market but doesn't say anything about the Clippers or Nets being disqualified even though they are in the same market. Kinda bogus if you ask me.

If a guy was to buy the Lakers, he would have to pay way more than any other owner of any team, he would not be able to ever receive money like other teams do even if he is under the cap, he has the biggest obligation to provide welfare to the rest of the league, he cant use his resources to be able to sign anyone due to the cap, and he will have other owners, coaches, and players b1tching when he makes a smart move, and a commissioner bending to that b1thching to veto moves.

If I was a billionaire, I would buy the Cavs and just sit back and collect checks, cry about other teams making smart moves, and wait for the league to rig the lottery for me to get 3 number 1 picks in 4 years. Oops, Gilbert has already mastered that and he wont be giving up that gravy train.
    Knicks and Lakers make billions more in TV deals and sponsors ... They are a brand the Nets and Clippers are not and do not get the luxury of those TV deals ... That's why

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast