Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    I think the direction we will see is double agent. Brody convincing them to keep him in his position of power so he can get them Abu Nazir, but still be loyal to his terrorist ties as well.
    good call on the first part as of now

vCash
    It took them 8 years to turn Brody the first time, yet they converted him back within a span of hours? Seems pretty illogical.

On another note, why does Jess call Brody by his last name? I get other people calling him that, but you'd hope his wife is on a first name basis with him.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    i believe more than his last name it has become his nickname with time and that would be a reason, I dont go calling people by their last name even in formal situations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    It took them 8 years to turn Brody the first time, yet they converted him back within a span of hours? Seems pretty illogical.

On another note, why does Jess call Brody by his last name? I get other people calling him that, but you'd hope his wife is on a first name basis with him.
    We can't say definitively at this point he is going to help them. And at the same time it's been clear he doesn't REALLY want to help them that bad, didn't blow himself up, doesn't want to be associated with the cohorts - only person I think he really feels any gratitude towards Abu Nazir, hence warning him.

Crazy crazy episode, I like what they chose to do with Brody. Yeah it was more obvious than other paths they could have taken, but knowing the show they could do anything from this point on. Maybe he double crosses them, he's found out, killed, family taken etc. Honestly I'm extremely worried he double crosses them, that will be painful to watch, and you know he will at least face the option during the season.

I thought the episode itself was excellent, the only thing I really didn't like was the hit and run. Knew almost immediately when they started driving recklessly it was going to happen, lame side plot invented. Guess they needed something to fill screen time.

vCash
    I enjoyed the show. They're creative I will give them that. I'm going to just sit back and hope they take it in a good direction. I'm not as thrilled with this season as last but I will give them the benefit of doubt.
    One of the most overused sayings on this forum

"and its not even close" When in reality it is quite close.

vCash
    i have been very critical of this show, but i thought this was one of the best episodes they've ever done. building the double-agent story arc was predictable, but they still did a great job this ep with pretty much all the things i've been complaining about (writing, scene development, acting...). the interrogation scenes, especially carrie's, were really well-done.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I'm so on the fence about that episode.

First, I will say that they should probably send that episode in for Damian Lewis and the Emmys, because he was amazing. It's phenomenal how great the acting is. They can carry the show, even when there are some things going on that really bother me.

My biggest issue is what Ronin said. I'm rarely critical of this show because I can live with a few "unrealistic" things happening. It is just a show, it is fictional, and often those liberties need to be taken. But it took them 8 years to break Brody...and it takes Carrie a day to turn him around? Now, am I certain he's definitely good to go? Absolutely not. When watching it, I was surprised how they flipped him around and threw him back out there so quickly, but it's obvious why they had to. Still, something there really bothered me.

The interrogation scenes were great...again, the acting is so top notch.

We'll see how this new subplot with Dana and Finn goes. There's obviously a lot of ways that can come back to haunt them, Walden or even Brody.

I thought the ending scene with Brody and his family was really powerful.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Who says they turned Brody? He could have just put on an act and said what they wanted to hear so that they would let him go.

He'll help the CIA out, but you can't trust him.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Who says they turned Brody? He could have just put on an act and said what they wanted to hear so that they would let him go.

He'll help the CIA out, but you can't trust him.
    I'm not certain they did...but at the very least they got him to spill the beans on everything in a matter of hours. I find that pretty implausible. It's not a huge detractor, but it just felt off to me when I watched it.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    But like I said, he could have just told him the truth to make the CIA trust him. That way he can now go back and talk to his terrorist buddies, tell them they're on to him, and use that against the CIA, all while the CIA thinks he's really helping them.

I didn't see it as a big issue because from where I stood it was just Brody doing whatever he could to get out of there.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    The theory that it took them 8 years to turn him and only took Carrie a day to turn him as implausible can be explained that in fact it did not take just a day to turn him. In fact Brody had already been semi turned the minute he did not pushed the button to kill himself and the vice president. Brody has already been dealing with doubts about his role as a terrorist. Now he could just have been on survival mode and faked it with Carrie as he knew he was ****ed once he saw the video and decided to play ball because that would be best for him going forward. That is the question about what will happen next, will he help the CIA or will he **** em eventually and help Abu Nazir.

Imo the show or season will end with Brody killing Nazir and he getting a hero's farewell, this show has dedicated a lot to people liking him and it would be hard to end his role with him being a traitor or doing a terrorist act.

BTW excellent episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    But I don't think keeping Brody relevant is something that needs to happen, nor do I think it's something the writers feel needs to happen. Like I said, post-Brody was something they had expected well before it actually might happen.
    Yeah, I was starting to feel that this season could wrap up Brody's involvement, and Carrie & Quinn could move forward with a new villain per season type of series.
    Not sure that would really extend it's longevity either before it got tired though . . .
    Also, I think too much has been invested in the supporting cast - Dana, Jessie, Mike - to move the story ahead and not include the Brodys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The theory that it took them 8 years to turn him and only took Carrie a day to turn him as implausible can be explained that in fact it did not take just a day to turn him. In fact Brody had already been semi turned the minute he did not pushed the button to kill himself and the vice president. Brody has already been dealing with doubts about his role as a terrorist.
    I agree with this. I think he's wanted to turn back for a while, like how hard he pushed back on Roya in the first episode, but he just couldn't do it alone.
    Now he has the support of people he trusts (and loves). He also doesn't have any choice but to face it straight-up and come back, because the alternative is being exposed anyway. Not suggesting it's fake because he lacks other options, just that it helped push him toward a more genuine awakening.

vCash
    Another point is that Brody still has not told them the possible targets for Abu Nazir and he knows that, so that is another thing that may show he has not completely turned over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The theory that it took them 8 years to turn him and only took Carrie a day to turn him as implausible can be explained that in fact it did not take just a day to turn him. In fact Brody had already been semi turned the minute he did not pushed the button to kill himself and the vice president. Brody has already been dealing with doubts about his role as a terrorist. Now he could just have been on survival mode and faked it with Carrie as he knew he was ****ed once he saw the video and decided to play ball because that would be best for him going forward. That is the question about what will happen next, will he help the CIA or will he **** em eventually and help Abu Nazir.

Imo the show or season will end with Brody killing Nazir and he getting a hero's farewell, this show has dedicated a lot to people liking him and it would be hard to end his role with him being a traitor or doing a terrorist act.

BTW excellent episode.
    you make an excellent point sir, that is what I felt all the way. The whole show since Season 1 was played on the Brody's morality issues and if he was truly converted to Abu Nazir in the 1st place. I think the writers knew about this show a long time ago, and have planned for it for quite some time. He has had numerous moments of weakness as an Abu Nazir loyalist, and has had big moments as a patriot. The question is did she turn him back to Patriot?

No I don't think she did, but I also believe he is not sure what he is either and that's what the whole show is about. He can really play the role of double agent quite well without having loyalty for neither one.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast