Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm so pissed. I would have rather seen Brody blow himself up then them take him down this early in the season.

I wanted to see the follow him story line develop more. I'm not happy with this show this week.

UGH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    I'm so pissed. I would have rather seen Brody blow himself up then them take him down this early in the season.

I wanted to see the follow him story line develop more. I'm not happy with this show this week.

UGH
    It seems rushed to me as well. I don't know if it was the right move, and it makes you wonder about the longevity of the show.
    One of the most overused sayings on this forum

"and its not even close" When in reality it is quite close.

vCash
    Yeah, have to agree in retrospect.

Him not blowing himself up gave me hope he would be redeemed somehow, now I get to watch him get ****ed up, after already saving Abu Nazir's *** like a chump. Imagine I'm one of the few pissed about it due to these circumstances though.

If I didn't enjoy his character so much I would be less irritated about it, since it's impossible to know what's going to happen.

vCash
    well it cant be all brody, the plot needs to expand more, the main villain is abu nazir not brody and we still dont know the outcome of it all, they dont show all of the video so my guess is he escapes a third time from suspicion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAfan4life View Post
    It seems rushed to me as well. I don't know if it was the right move, and it makes you wonder about the longevity of the show.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2002595.html

"Homeland" has been renewed for a Season 3. The political thriller starring Claire Danes and Damian Lewis has been picked up for a third season by Showtime.
    Claire Danes messed up big time on this episode.. This is a man who was tortured for many years and turned on his country... Do they honestly think he will give up the information easily?

I can't wait for for the next episode..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2002595.html

Claire Danes messed up big time on this episode.. This is a man who was tortured for many years and turned on his country... Do they honestly think he will give up the information easily?

I can't wait for for the next episode..
    Isn't that actually a great reason to believe he would give up information? Maybe they won't get it easily or right away, but he's already given in once and they know that. Maybe he won't be able to hold out as long this time around or maybe he won't feel like being tortured again. On top of that, the CIA has access to Brody's past. The CIA knows everything about him already. They can get to his family, and they can threaten him by using his family against him in more ways than Nazir would have been able to. They can "out" him to the public, likely destroying the lives of his family. No one would want to destroy the lives of their loved ones, and they know he loves his family because he already sissied out on the attack on the VP. The CIA is in a much easier position than Nazir was.

My prediction about this season: Estes figures out that reporter is Brody's contact because she slips and mentions Brody or asks if Estes has heard from him. Estes then gives a tell that he knows who she is, and she kills him.

Saul then takes over for Estes and either the rest of this season, or next season, will be spent trying to figure out who killed Estes. If they find the person that killed Estes, they find Brody's contact. It's the first thing I can think of to keep Brody relevant through and potentially beyond this season.

vCash
    It seemed a little rushed, and it was certainly unexpected. Although Carrie talked about how nervous she was before she left to go to the bar, I'm sure her confidence in her decision making and instincts was off-the-charts after the reaffirmation of her season-long instinct in season 1. Were her instincts right? We might not ever know. Who knows what Brody was going to do?

I didn't really like it, because I really didn't expect to see the surveillance last just an episode long. I figured it could be stretched into a season-long thing. But the unpredictability of this show is a huge reason why you keep coming back. I haven't really been right about a prediction yet...and certainly couldn't have been any more wrong about what would happen after the second episode this season.

I doubt Brody gives anything up, but I don't really care. I'm sure there's a way to keep this going without Brody being a threat. Hell, Brody wasn't originally supposed to make it past season one...his character was just too well-received. The show writers clearly have plenty of thoughts in mind of how to keep this going post-Brody (assuming eventually he's just locked in jail and an afterthought...which might be a poor assumption).

There is a lot of fun in guessing what happens next and rationalizing why...but it's usually futile. I'm not over-thinking what should and will happen next.

But I don't think keeping Brody relevant is something that needs to happen, nor do I think it's something the writers feel needs to happen. Like I said, post-Brody was something they had expected well before it actually might happen.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Finally watched. Very surprising direction.

I'm curious where they go next.

vCash
    best show on tv

vCash
    Good show. Despite being Lebanese I enjoy this Show.

And yes the day after the Lebanese government said it would sue the director, we of course had a huge bomb go off in a prominent Christian location in Beirut near Hamra... Killing the chief of intelligence, My office is 2 mins away our office building shook like crazy and panic was present for all of 2 hours. Bars and nightclubs that day posted their best day of sales in months.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    I'm not sure why anybody is really surprised that Carrie did that at the end. She's wanted to do that since the beginning and she finally had the opportunity so she went for it.

I'm just surprised that the CIA guys didn't grab her and stop her from going up. They had cameras all over the hotel they had to know where she was going.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I'm not sure why anybody is really surprised that Carrie did that at the end. She's wanted to do that since the beginning and she finally had the opportunity so she went for it.

I'm just surprised that the CIA guys didn't grab her and stop her from going up. They had cameras all over the hotel they had to know where she was going.
    yeah but once he moved upstairs all eyes were on him and shes a woman so nobody cares what shes up to, they probably thought she was going upstairs to bang him and they would all be like hells yeah get the popcorn and lets watch some skin

vCash
    Apparently next episode is great via Sepinwall FYI.

vCash
    yea i think its pretty soon to have obtained him. shoot, i thought this whole series was gonna be a cat and mouse game between Carrie and Brody, but it seems they threw something unexpected our way. i cant even think of what can happen next, or what will happen next SEASON? theres no way Brody can still be congressman or anything like that... vert excited to see how it plays out. i trust the writers to keep the suspense going.

vCash
    I think the direction we will see is double agent. Brody convincing them to keep him in his position of power so he can get them Abu Nazir, but still be loyal to his terrorist ties as well.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast