Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm usually not one to let "unrealistic" things bother me in a show like this, because it's just a fictional story and liberties often need to be taken...but the Brody going to get that guy to the safe house was a really horrible minor subplot. It was wildly unrealistic, and for the first time ever I was sitting there thinking "this is just so stupid". Why would such an intricate operation send the most easily identifiable person, coincidentally the person with the most to lose by getting caught, to do such a mundane task like this. If they have safe houses, they surely have a goon who can go get this dude. It just seemed like an unnecessary and forced subplot that served little purpose. Also, him cleaning the blood off himself in a WIDE OPEN car wash was just hilarious...in a bad way. Unless it's for plot purposes and they did it so that someone comes forward saying they saw Brody do this (even so, Brody would be an idiot for doing that). If the whole point of it was to fill an episode with some action/suspense and ultimately be the breaking point in Brody's relationship, well, they could have done something better.

It's still a minor quip, but it did annoy me...probably irrationally so. I just was bothered by it when it was happening. Took something away from the episode for me.

This has to be the early favorite for Claire Danes' Oscars submission. She was fantastic and super compelling.

I'm very intrigued to see where this goes. I see a few ways that this could end up never making it back to anyone who will actually expose Brody, but they seem tricky. It's probably very easy to keep Carrie from exposing him because everyone thinks she's crazy and she's thought this before. If someone gets the tape and destroys it, her word means nothing. That could lead to some good story lines...maybe going rogue. Saul will be the tricky one. I never even considered that he'd be bad...maybe Estes gets in the way. But Saul knows, and if someone is trying to cover it up that isn't him, he's literally gotta go.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    Let me get this straight! It is okay for the US government to impose sanctions on countries but it is not okay for countries to sue a company in the US?

Dude you are tripping.

I am not a lawyer
    but I am willing to put at least 5K betting that there is a precedent to such a case!
    interestingly enough, i am in my last year of law school...

and with my legal education, i can easily see through your twisting of my argument into something that better fits your narrative. you made some absurd comparisons in your post, none of which are relevant to my previous argument... but since you brought them up, let's take a closer look at them. regarding sanctions, you're now comparing a government's action against another government (as a political deterrent) to a government attempting to sue a film director and producer. you don't need my legal background to see through that comparison...

second of all, the precedent is irrelevant... there are precedents for thousands of actionable issues that ultimately end up losing at trial because they're simply unfounded or just asinine. there most likely is a court somewhere that would take this case, no doubt, but absent a settlement, i'd gladly take that $5K bet that the lebanese government will not see one dime from anyone at showtime or working with homeland.

now, back to the ACTUAL argument we were having...

i assume you're well aware of the plethora of films and tv shows throughout history that have intentionally depicted an area in a negative light (while shooting in an entirely different location altogether), and not been harassed or sued for it. unless, of course, you're talking about the famous case where the residents of middle earth sued peter jackson and the country of new zealand for intentional misrepresentation of their native land in the LOTR trilogy.
    Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 10-18-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    films and shows for GENERATIONS have intentionally or poorly misrepresented real cities, states and nations, while filming the scenes depicting those cities, states and nations elsewhere... no one has sued over it to my knowledge.
    People in other countries think people in Texas still ride their horse to work and eat armadillo stew for dinner. My aunt had someone from Germany come over and stay with us, she asked where the tumbleweed and saloons were.

I guess Texas should file suit against the east for showing us that way in TV and movies.

Get over yourselves eastern countries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    interestingly enough, i am in my last year of law school...

and with my legal education, i can easily see through your twisting of my argument into something that better fits your narrative. you made some absurd comparisons in your post, none of which are relevant to my previous argument... but since you brought them up, let's take a closer look at them. regarding sanctions, you're now comparing a government's action against another government (as a political deterrent) to a government attempting to sue a film director and producer. you don't need my legal background to see through that comparison...

second of all, the precedent is irrelevant... there are precedents for thousands of actionable issues that ultimately end up losing at trial because they're simply unfounded or just asinine. there most likely is a court somewhere that would take this case, no doubt, but absent a settlement, i'd gladly take that $5K bet that the lebanese government will not see one dime from anyone at showtime or working with homeland.

now, back to the ACTUAL argument we were having...

i assume you're well aware of the plethora of films and tv shows throughout history that have intentionally depicted an area in a negative light (while shooting in an entirely different location altogether), and not been harassed or sued for it. unless, of course, you're talking about the famous case where the residents of middle earth sued peter jackson and the country of new zealand for intentional misrepresentation of their native land in the LOTR trilogy.
    Okay I came off as harsh and not the way I wanted to sound.

I am actually pro-Homeland. Don't really care... I am not even Muslim nor are half the people in Lebanon.

It's sad because we have been at war for over 4 decades and for centuries before that. that we still are portrayed as a poor country at war. When we have worked so hard on our US relations and actually improved them...

It's also very sad to see Hamra street one of the most liberal areas in Beirut be depicted that way. and on another level I am just curious why the chose Haifa instead of Lebanon. If they had filmed in Texas or the US I would have said Money reasons. But Lebanon has welcomed numerous films and shows before so I bit confused.

As for the lawsuit I didn't file it, nor do I really support it. I try not to talk politics at all, it sickens me.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    People in other countries think people in Texas still ride their horse to work and eat armadillo stew for dinner. My aunt had someone from Germany come over and stay with us, she asked where the tumbleweed and saloons were.

I guess Texas should file suit against the east for showing us that way in TV and movies.

Get over yourselves eastern countries.
    I'd imagine most American's think that most middle easterners live desert huts, that Islam is fundamentally different than Christianity and that they all want to kill us.

Get over yourselves America.

The USA is as ignorant as anyone else. The American population's geography knowledge is as putrid as it gets. Hell, a huge population of this country thinks sorcery and witchcraft is real, that Christianity came before Judaism, can't name Russia's prime minister, come even close to accurately listing the countries with nuclear weapons. Hell, 9 out of 10 American's couldn't pick out Afghanistan (you know, kind of important in US international affairs) on a map according to a National Geographic study recently. The list of ignorant atrocities in this country goes on forever.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I'd imagine most American's think that most middle easterners live desert huts, that Islam is fundamentally different than Christianity and that they all want to kill us.

Get over yourselves America.

The USA is as ignorant as anyone else. The American population's geography knowledge is as putrid as it gets. Hell, a huge population of this country thinks sorcery and witchcraft is real, that Christianity came before Judaism, can't name Russia's prime minister, come even close to accurately listing the countries with nuclear weapons. Hell, 9 out of 10 American's couldn't pick out Afghanistan (you know, kind of important in US international affairs) on a map according to a National Geographic study recently. The list of ignorant atrocities in this country goes on forever.
    I never denied the fact that we see other contries as something different than what they are as well. But I'm not going to go around sueing people over it.

There are dumb/ignorant people in all walks of life.

vCash
    The lawsuit comment was pretty ridiculous. I do understand why some people in these Middle Eastern countries that are impetus for these shows get upset, but it's the furthest thing from illegal. A lot of it can be inflammatory (I don't think Homeland is too bad, though sometimes I do feel it gets a little too sensationalized).

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Is it just me or was Claire Daines super hot when she met Brody?
    One of the most overused sayings on this forum

"and its not even close" When in reality it is quite close.

vCash
    Ive never seen Homeland, I want to start getting into it though because I have the BIGGEST crush on Claire Danes. She's so hot

vCash
    Its a solid show. Showtime, so you cant really go wrong. Last season it was one of my favorite shows, this season hasn't been as good so far but there is still time. Even so this season is still better than most everything on network tv.

vCash

Homeland Season Two

**** got real this week.. Can't believe they took him already

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAfan4life View Post
    Is it just me or was Claire Daines super hot when she met Brody?
    Not just you. Admittedly am biased, had a crush on her since Romeo + Juliet. Is an ugly crier though.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    **** got real this week.. Can't believe they took him already
    Thank you to DVR. I watched that moment about 3 times. Didn't see it coming at all. Well played Homeland, well played

I just hope they have an endgame in mind.

vCash
    I don't get what she did that for. I guess she was worried he was going to run away, but now you got nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I was surprised that happened so quickly. Hopefully it was the right move, i'm not so sure.

vCash
    Damn, hard to watch, hard to watch.

I know it would have been a stretch but I really wanted him to come out and tell Carry he was being forced into this **** under threats and he wanted her help.

Surprised they went down this road, but that seems to be the gist of the show, really have no clue what will happen with Brody now, which is pretty nuts for a television show to pull off.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast