Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I thought it was pretty much all fluff.

Didn't really progress the plot until the final 5 minutes.

vCash
    I really thought Saul was going to walk in when Carrie was out. All in all it was a meh episode. Wonder if Carrie gets back in?

vCash
    i read the spoilers for the rest of season 2 and it sounds like its gonna be amazing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazin' Mets View Post
    Can't wait.

I found myself actually rooting for Brody to blow himself up in the bunker.
    That's kinda how I felt, very weird.

vCash
    We must have been watching a different episode cause I thought it was very well done.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    I hate how the tape was a no-show until the very last minutes. Still a good episode, but why did he have to kill the dude? He could just move away from him till the phone call is over, or hang up.
    Obviously Brody was not in a state of mind where he was thinking clearly, but he probably knew that this dude being alive was not going to be a good thing for him.

vCash
    These bastards definitely know how to build tension.

I think I get goosebumps from this show more than any other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    People here in Lebanon got offended at how Beirut was depicted, my emotional side agrees. But I know it is purely out of budget reasons. LEBANON Is not ANYTHING CLOSE TO WHAT THEY showed as. HAMRA street is one of the busiest streets in Lebanon with some of the biggest brands in the world....

Because I am smarter then my emotions, this show is excellent. To me it has all the drama of 24 (But acted much better) and the thinking part of lost. I really do like it.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    why do they have a sleeper cell congressman in the running for VP going around doing henchman work? doesn't abu nazeer have some other low-level lackey to transport another cell?

interested to see where they go now that carrie (and saul, obviously) know brody's little secret... they certainly didn't hold out on revealing that info like some other shows (dexter...)
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I've thought Saul was bad for a while now. I wonder if the real bad person is Estes tho. This show is great, this season has been really fun to wach.

vCash
    The Lebanese government is suing the the show and network for lies.

http://www.executive-magazine.com/in...ntroversy/5269

For those unacquainted with Beirut, the real Hamra Street is a bustling cosmopolitan artery where days spent shopping and chatting in cafes give way to a nightlife of drinking and cavorting in local bars. A hub of modern city life, it is Beirut’s much smaller version of London’s Tottenham Court Road or New York’s Fifth Avenue.

Unsurprisingly, the misrepresentation has sparked more than a little ire in the Lebanese government. Speaking exclusively to EXECUTIVE, Lebanese Tourism Minister Fady Abboud has promised to take legal action over the “lies” in the show.

“This kind of film damages the image of Lebanon — it is not fair to us and it’s not true, it is not portraying reality,” he said. “We want to take action, we want to write to the filmmakers and producers and demand an apology. And we are planning to raise a lawsuit against the director and the producer.”

Abboud stressed that he was studying potential legal routes the government could take, but added that he would be willing to take action personally if necessary.

Here is a real picture of Hamra street with Starbucks, just one of the thousands of American brands in Beirut

http://www.michaeltotten.com/images/...ks%20Hamra.jpg
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash

Homeland Season Two

Why do other countries get offended so damn easy? It's a TV show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Why do other countries get offended so damn easy? It's a TV show
    This is a TV show yes. But for years and years Lebanon has been portrayed the wrong way by the WEST!

What pissed me off more then anything is like I said. The fact that they filmed it in Haifa and not Beirut. They made the flight to come out to Israel and film it. So why not Lebanon, it probably would have been cheaper.... I think there is a clear intention there.

The rest I could careless about, but I understand why people get mad. it's our country.. we want to impress
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    This is a TV show yes. But for years and years Lebanon has been portrayed the wrong way by the WEST!

What pissed me off more then anything is like I said. The fact that they filmed it in Haifa and not Beirut. They made the flight to come out to Israel and film it. So why not Lebanon, it probably would have been cheaper.... I think there is a clear intention there.

The rest I could careless about, but I understand why people get mad. it's our country.. we want to impress
    films and shows for GENERATIONS have intentionally or poorly misrepresented real cities, states and nations, while filming the scenes depicting those cities, states and nations elsewhere... no one has sued over it to my knowledge.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    films and shows for GENERATIONS have intentionally or poorly misrepresented real cities, states and nations, while filming the scenes depicting those cities, states and nations elsewhere... no one has sued over it to my knowledge.
    Let me get this straight! It is okay for the US government to impose sanctions on countries but it is not okay for countries to sue a company in the US?

Dude you are tripping.

I am not a lawyer but I am willing to put at least 5K betting that there is a precedent to such a case!
    BEAT THE KNICKS

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast