Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 283
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I'm glad that we (barring something wacky) won't have to deal with the Carrie/Brody on-screen romance for a while. It's always felt off to me...never was really into it.
    yeah it was definitley a forced kind of thing. the chemistry wasnt there. even Dex and Hanna had a more convincing relationship acting wise

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,492
    vCash
    1500
    Just caught up... great ****ing show. Not as good as BB but definitely up there. I have been interested throughout even though there have been a few smaller story-lines that haven't quite gotten me completely interested.

    Carrie is great in that role and Saul has become one of my favorite tv characters of all time. Brody is definitely a well written character even if some of his scenes feel pretty awkward.

    I'm not going to get into any specifics right now even though I just caught up with the show in a matter of 3 days haha...


    I am very intrigued as to what will happen at the beginning of season 3. That season 2 finale was written brilliantly.

    Spoiler (in white)

    I really thought Saul was going to die. I never, not in a million years, thought that a bomb would blow up a majority of the major characters. That was absolutely insane. A genius move by nazir.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,492
    vCash
    1500
    I just read the previous page and since nobody is using white font for spoilers, here we go:

    The only reason I don't think it is Brody is because if Carrie hadn't walked away, he would not have gotten up and would have been blown up...

    Unless you guys are under the belief that he was willing to kill himself. I don't believe hat though.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,874
    vCash
    1500

    Homeland Season Two

    It was Estes!!!

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    It was Finn.

    Dude can't quit killing people with cars.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,375
    vCash
    500
    I hope it isn't Finn.

    But I bet it was Dana. Plot twist!

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I hope it isn't Finn.

    But I bet it was Dana. Plot twist!
    haha thats an m knight shamalan twist!

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,861
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It was Finn.

    Dude can't quit killing people with cars.
    haha that was decent

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,184
    vCash
    1500
    What an awful finale. How does a van get moved right next to the CIA building where Estes is standing? Security must have been incredibly high and nobody notices a car right next to the building? It's not like that was supposed to be a parking lot. That strains any belief or credibility. There's no way that could have happened.

    The first half an hour was so slow and the last half was so forced.

    I'm sure someone will tell me that I'm just complaining for the sake of it but it just doesn't make sense how a lone van with nobody in it is parked right beside the window where half of the officers of the CIA are and nobody notices it or thinks there's something strange about it. The CIA isn't that incompetent.

    Did they mention why the President wasn't there? I figured he would want to be there considering that was all for the VP.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 12-24-2012 at 09:52 AM.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    What an awful finale. How does a van get moved right next to the CIA building where Estes is standing? Security must have been incredibly high and nobody notices a car right next to the building? It's not like that was supposed to be a parking lot. That strains any belief or credibility. There's no way that could have happened.

    The first half an hour was so slow and the last half was so forced.

    I'm sure someone will tell me that I'm just complaining for the sake of it but it just doesn't make sense how a lone van with nobody in it is parked right beside the window where half of the officers of the CIA are and nobody notices it or thinks there's something strange about it. The CIA isn't that incompetent.

    Did they mention why the President wasn't there? I figured he would want to be there considering that was all for the VP.
    I cant argue with this. Im hoping some more information is leaked in the next episode to explain some of this, bc it seems way too cut and dry. I mean, Carrie is the one who gave Brody the "lets go" nod before the bomb blew, so that either means that Brody got lucky, or he was about to sacrifice himself for the bomb, or he is completely innocent. Cant wait to find out, but im pretty sure he knew about it.

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    36,898
    vCash
    1500
    The President thing has been bothering me a lot as well. Needless to say, if our CIA is really this awful, I am skurrred.

    I'm not even going to ***** about realism at this point, every "real" show starts to loses its realism as it drags on. I guess that is one huge point for The Wire, even if McNulty's psuedo-killer was pretty sketch. Breaking Bad has even lost a lot of its realism.

    It's pretty clear that this show was made without a gameplan past the first season, so whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,138
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I'm glad that we (barring something wacky) won't have to deal with the Carrie/Brody on-screen romance for a while. It's always felt off to me...never was really into it.
    This, that relationship was forced to the point I could not even get on board with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    yeah it was definitley a forced kind of thing. the chemistry wasnt there. even Dex and Hanna had a more convincing relationship acting wise
    I liked Hanna, but I still have a soft spot for her from the couple seasons of Chuck I watched.
    One of the most overused sayings on this forum

    "and its not even close" When in reality it is quite close.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,375
    vCash
    500
    I don't know...

    A lot of what happened this season seamed "unrealistic" and a lot of this season bothered me, but the van didn't bother me. Maybe it was just the shock factor and the "oh my god" that clouded my ability to think about it, but I didn't care at all. It's a funeral, the CIA wasn't expecting any threats with Nazir dead, and they couldn't have expected that anything was going to happen. Would that be incredibly hard to pull off? Sure. Was the CIA perhaps slacking? Yeah. It's still a fictional show though, and that one didn't bother me. The point of Nazir dying, and the VP being killed, was so that this could all happen, so in that regard it makes sense. Loosen their sense of worry and attentiveness...catch them with their guard down.

    I still enjoyed the finale. Some of it all might have been a cop out, but whatever. It worked.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,138
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I don't know...

    A lot of what happened this season seamed "unrealistic" and a lot of this season bothered me, but the van didn't bother me. Maybe it was just the shock factor and the "oh my god" that clouded my ability to think about it, but I didn't care at all. It's a funeral, the CIA wasn't expecting any threats with Nazir dead, and they couldn't have expected that anything was going to happen. Would that be incredibly hard to pull off? Sure. Was the CIA perhaps slacking? Yeah. It's still a fictional show though, and that one didn't bother me. The point of Nazir dying, and the VP being killed, was so that this could all happen, so in that regard it makes sense. Loosen their sense of worry and attentiveness...catch them with their guard down.

    I still enjoyed the finale. Some of it all might have been a cop out, but whatever. It worked.
    What I liked is the planning, if it was infact Nazir's plan to sacrifice himself for that moment, then it is amazing. Good writing too, to build up a character just to be sacrificed. Most of us would not see it coming.
    One of the most overused sayings on this forum

    "and its not even close" When in reality it is quite close.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,027
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    What an awful finale. How does a van get moved right next to the CIA building where Estes is standing? Security must have been incredibly high and nobody notices a car right next to the building? It's not like that was supposed to be a parking lot. That strains any belief or credibility. There's no way that could have happened.
    That did bother me too. If it was in a parking space that would be one thing but parked on the sidewalk or whatever it was, that is weird and somebody would have had to notice that.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •