Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    hes there to kill brody once they catch nazir
    i think there's more to it than just that. the whole quinn-estees-dar adal triangle, and the way estees let quinn know that saul "knows" indicates there's more to his presence than just taking out brody if/when they capture/kill nazir.

what that is, i have no clue right now... honestly, it's one of the few intriguing subplots for me right now.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Wait wait wait...Estees and Quinn are traitors to America? Dang them to heck.

vCash
    on top of that, the completely boring and useless subplot involving brody's annoying-as-hell daughter has gotten too much screen time.
    Yes. I haven't even watched the past two episodes but man is that useless...

vCash
    I'm just taking this season as a better acted 24 at this point. And I liked 24 for the most part so it is what it is.

Like I said earlier, these conspiracy thriller shows can't go on long before jumping the shark a bit. The first season was amazing and deserved its emmy, this season started off strong but isn't anywhere near the first. That said, again, I still enjoy it.

vCash
    That episode was beyond horrible.

Am I really supposed to believe that the Vice-President would have a wireless pacemaker? They didn't even want Obama to have a blackberry...there's no way in hell the Vice-President would have a wireless pacemaker. And how did the CIA or the Secret Service not hear Brody screaming Nazir's name? Or come to look for him?

Plus the nonsense with the daughter was such a waste of time. And Carrie running in to get the most dangerous terrorist in the world with a pipe? Give me a break.

They really took a step back on this one.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    hes there to kill brody once they catch nazir
    Why was that again?

vCash
    ^Because Brody is a traitor and a terrorist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA View Post
    Why was that again?
    actually as saul stated when confronting estees, its bc brody knows about the drone strike that killed all those children (including issah), and they want to kill him to make sure its covered him and no one else knows about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    That episode was beyond horrible.

Am I really supposed to believe that the Vice-President would have a wireless pacemaker? They didn't even want Obama to have a blackberry...there's no way in hell the Vice-President would have a wireless pacemaker. And how did the CIA or the Secret Service not hear Brody screaming Nazir's name? Or come to look for him?

Plus the nonsense with the daughter was such a waste of time. And Carrie running in to get the most dangerous terrorist in the world with a pipe? Give me a break.

They really took a step back on this one.
    hes the VP, not the prez, and its a damn TV show man, its not unbelievable to think that he might have a wireless pacemaker. sure, not completely realistic, but its a TV show, and not its not TOO illogical to believe.

so you know how far brody was away from those guys? u know that the room he locked himself in was NOT soundproof in any way?

Carrie is bipolar, she was just held hostage by the guy shes been trying to catch for years, shes not just gonna walk away. sure, he has a gun and all she has is a pipe, but shes hell bent at this point. she does illogical things all the time, riding on her emotion. It def stayed accurate to her character and the kinds of things shes done throughout the last 2 seasons. I think this was the best episode of the season, hands down.

vCash
    ppl ***** and whine about how shows are not realistic. if you want reality go watch the ****ing Kardashians.

vCash
    There are reasonable explanations for some of the complaints. Brody was going to the bathroom and was gone a few minutes. That's not unrealistic. He's the most famous congressman ever. 5 people in the whole world know the truth about Brody. Not like him going to the bathroom is a red flag.

As far as Carrie going back in after Nazir. She's psychotic...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    ppl ***** and whine about how shows are not realistic. if you want reality go watch the ****ing Kardashians.
    Haha well said man

vCash
    hes the VP, not the prez, and its a damn TV show man, its not unbelievable to think that he might have a wireless pacemaker. sure, not completely realistic, but its a TV show, and not its not TOO illogical to believe.

so you know how far brody was away from those guys? u know that the room he locked himself in was NOT soundproof in any way?

Carrie is bipolar, she was just held hostage by the guy shes been trying to catch for years, shes not just gonna walk away. sure, he has a gun and all she has is a pipe, but shes hell bent at this point. she does illogical things all the time, riding on her emotion. It def stayed accurate to her character and the kinds of things shes done throughout the last 2 seasons. I think this was the best episode of the season, hands down.
    I agree with everything you said here, especially about Carrie, I also think that Carrie going in with a pipe/crowbar stays true to her character..

vCash
    Reality shows are the furthest thing from being realistic.

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    hes the VP, not the prez, and its a damn TV show man, its not unbelievable to think that he might have a wireless pacemaker.
    Actually, I didn't find it remotely believable, but to each his own. Apparently the range on attacking someone with a wireless pacemaker like that is 50 feet, according to an article I just found. I don't remember where the VP was relative to Abu Nazir's computer guy who did the wireless attack, but I don't believe it was that close. If so, that's a fairly significant flaw.

That's something I looked into on my own time, but it's interesting nonetheless. Especially if the distance was significantly greater than 50 feet.

Apparently Cheney has a wireless pacemaker, but I believe that happened after he was no longer VP (2010). I don't think there's a chance they would have given that to him (a wireless pacemaker) if he was still in office.

sure, not completely realistic, but its a TV show, and not its not TOO illogical to believe.
    Just because it's a TV show doesn't mean I should simply accept what they're showing. Critical thinking doesn't just get thrown out the window cause it's a TV show. If you enjoy watching and accepting whatever happens, then good for you. I wouldn't be able to do that, and I guess maybe I just have a higher set of standards here.

The fact that Brody was so far away for so long is another problem. It's essentially saying that the Secret Service is stupid, because:

A) There's nobody on the second floor
    B) The secret service forgot that Brody was there
    C) Nobody knew where the vice-president was

Any of those being true shows the Secret Service as being stupid, something I can assure you is not the case.

There's a difference between doing something because of an emotional decision and poor writing. When blondie runs out in the middle of the field on a dark night where she's clearly visible screaming BRODY, that's poor writing.

When she goes after Abu Nazir, knowing full well she can't do anything to stop or slow him down, with the CIA on their way, and with her having NO weapons, that's poor writing.

There are times when she does good things and everybody else disagrees with her, because she's a good analyst and her emotions drive her. In this case, it was neither emotional or logical, just poor writing.

I'm glad you enjoyed the episode. I thought it was extremely disappointing, and one of the worst of the season from a writing standpoint. Certainly nowhere as good as the earlier ones where they got proof Brody was bad, or when they took Brody down, or when the CIA members were ambushed by the Hezzbolah guy at the tailor shop.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 12-06-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast