Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Homeland Season Two

Edit now that I realized I didn't miss the first episode, very excited for Sunday

- I looked for this thread prior to starting this one but couldn't find one. If I missed it apology in advance.
    Last edited by Mr Costanza; 09-28-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Because I'm an idiot.

vCash
    Can't wait.

I found myself actually rooting for Brody to blow himself up in the bunker.

“Celtic is important to me in as much as it’s one of the only constants in my life over the years. I have changed and become various things but it is the one constant. Religion, friendships have come and gone, likes and dislikes have come and gone, but Celtic has remained.” - Billy Connolly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazin' Mets View Post
    Can't wait.

Your post just made me go back and realize the episode I dvr'd that was lost was a repeat. Lol I thought I missed this seasons premiere. My wife told me it started last Sunday and I didn't question it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazin' Mets View Post
    Can't wait.

felt the same way, this could be my new favorite Showtime show, dexter really fell off

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    felt the same way, this could be my new favorite Showtime show, dexter really fell off
    Best thing on TV not named Breaking Bad, IMO.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Best thing on TV not named Breaking Bad, IMO.
    or boardwalk empire... or game of thrones

as i've said before, homeland is a good show and certainly entertaining, but it's one of the most overacted shows currently on tv and, at least IMO, not close to a "great" show like BB, BE or GoT.

i am constantly befuddled by how many people think claire danes absolutely nailed her character in S1. mandy potinkin is great, though. he's a pro's pro.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post

as i've said before, homeland is a good show and certainly entertaining, but it's one of the most overacted shows currently on tv and, at least IMO, not close to a "great" show like BB, BE or GoT.

i am constantly befuddled by how many people think claire danes absolutely nailed her character in S1. mandy potinkin is great, though. he's a pro's pro.
    You forgot Mad Men. Back on topic. Can't wait for the season premier! I'm so stoked for this season. IMO Season 2 is when you can tell if a show's for real or not.

vCash

Can't disagree with this more tbh. I think the quality of the shows can be debated as personal interests come into play, but even being a huge GoT fan, reading all of the books, season one of Homeland is about as good as GoT season 1 and light years ahead of 2.

I've watched all of these shows to some extent (couldn't finish BWE) and I think Homeland is far and away the best acted show on television. Damian Lewis's portrayal of Brody is the most complex and well done of any character on television right now, and I think the Emmy was extremely deserved and shows this.

Onto the premiere, I really really wanted Brody to have a way out of this and a way to "win", but since they have the tape, they really have him by the balls, he's ****ed. I can't root for him if he hands over that info, just feel sad for his existence, it looks like he might have to do some horrible things this year.

And **** that CIA director, how does that idiot have a job?

vCash
    I don't have the slightest bit of interest in GoT and only watched a few episodes of boardwalk empire. It's a good show that I need to catch up on. I still like Homeland better
    Last edited by Ian.; 10-01-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Pretty solid start to the season, although it's pretty unrealistic that:

A) The CIA guy's room wouldn't have a camera catching Brody in the act or
    B) He'd leave Brody alone in his office

Homeland's a solid show and I enjoy it a lot. But it definitely isn't one of the best, especially compared to BB, SoA or GoT. That silly love story arc in the middle of last season between Carrie/Brody just dragged it down. And the thing with Mandy Patkinkin and his wife.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 10-01-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    Can't disagree with this more tbh. I think the quality of the shows can be debated as personal interests come into play, but even being a huge GoT fan, reading all of the books, season one of Homeland is about as good as GoT season 1 and light years ahead of 2.

I've watched all of these shows to some extent (couldn't finish BWE) and I think Homeland is far and away the best acted show on television. Damian Lewis's portrayal of Brody is the most complex and well done of any character on television right now, and I think the Emmy was extremely deserved and shows this.

Onto the premiere, I really really wanted Brody to have a way out of this and a way to "win", but since they have the tape, they really have him by the balls, he's ****ed. I can't root for him if he hands over that info, just feel sad for his existence, it looks like he might have to do some horrible things this year.

And **** that CIA director, how does that idiot have a job?
    respectfully, i have to disagree. i think danes is a good actress (temple granadin was a great acting job), but if you watch her facial expressions and tonal delivery as carrie, she's just overworking and overselling the "functional craziness" of her character. damien lewis does an admirable job as brody, no doubt, but i think you're as crazy as carrie if you think he out-acted bryan cranston, steve buscemi or john hamm last season.

i just want to reiterate for those who think i'm railing too hard against this show: i think it's a good, enjoyable show. i watch it every week with my wife. i just don't think it's great like so many other seem to think.

as for the premier, i thought it was good (i know... go figure). potinkin still is the best actor on the show and knows how to subtly steal every scene he's in. i don't like how they're setting up brody's daughter to basically be a mini-carrie (smart but crazy) and nothing but a thorn in the side of anything brody's trying to achieve politically. i think there are better and less obvious ways to throw some monkey wrenches into the plot. otherwise, i enjoyed the scene where carrie had to lose the tail in the market.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    loved the first episode. i dont see why there's so much hate on the acting. she won an award for a reason people, let it go. shes not "over" acting, she's portraying what a bipolar person actually acts like. and she hit it spot on.

i cant remember what happened in the end of the episode... but i like the plot! i like how brody wants to change the govt within and isnt hellbent on violence, but i still feel like hes brainwashed and will do anything azir asks him to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Pretty solid start to the season, although it's pretty unrealistic that:

A) The CIA guy's room wouldn't have a camera catching Brody in the act or
    B) He'd leave Brody alone in his office

Homeland's a solid show and I enjoy it a lot. But it definitely isn't one of the best, especially compared to BB, SoA or GoT. That silly love story arc in the middle of last season between Carrie/Brody just dragged it down. And the thing with Mandy Patkinkin and his wife.
    Agree they wouldn't leave him alone but I'd be amazed if there was a camera in any CIA office, especially a high ranking one. Too much classified material gets done to have it recorded.

vCash
    respectfully, i have to disagree. i think danes is a good actress (temple granadin was a great acting job), but if you watch her facial expressions and tonal delivery as carrie, she's just overworking and overselling the "functional craziness" of her character. damien lewis does an admirable job as brody, no doubt, but i think you're as crazy as carrie if you think he out-acted bryan cranston, steve buscemi or john hamm last season.

i just want to reiterate for those who think i'm railing too hard against this show: i think it's a good, enjoyable show. i watch it every week with my wife. i just don't think it's great like so many other seem to think.

as for the premier, i thought it was good (i know... go figure). potinkin still is the best actor on the show and knows how to subtly steal every scene he's in. i don't like how they're setting up brody's daughter to basically be a mini-carrie (smart but crazy) and nothing but a thorn in the side of anything brody's trying to achieve politically. i think there are better and less obvious ways to throw some monkey wrenches into the plot. otherwise, i enjoyed the scene where carrie had to lose the tail in the market.
    I agree. I think its a decent show with some overblown fan support.

The suspense and actual main storylines are very damn good, but it gets bogged down by a bunch of useless stuff.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Looking at it solely as entertainment I really like this show.

I pretty much hate the premise. I'm glad season 1 wasn't too preachy though.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast