Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who has had a better career?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Larry Bird

32 46.38%
  • Kobe Bryant

35 50.72%
  • Dead Heat

2 2.90%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    LOL LOL LOL
    Larry Bird was the better player better scorer much more effecient better passer Rebounder and Defense could be a wash Logevity my *** lol based off your Logic Duncan> Hakeem

vCash
    Explain why he has passed bird

vCash
    Kobe was not a better scorer
    Larry has a higher FG% 3pt FG% aand FT%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    It is very much debatable as Kobe is a top 7 player of all time and his numbers, achievements, places him in the top 10 conversation without question. As far as Bird, he's also a top 10 guy, but not a top 3 to 5 player all time. He wasn't better than Michael, Kareem, Magic, Russell or Wilt. He's right behind all 5 of those guys. Had Bird not had such devastating injuries to his back and played/achieved more, he would be higher on the list for sure.
    What does your top 10 look like SMDH

vCash
    It's too early to know with Kobe, like someone else said, people tend to overrate active players, with time we'll gain more perspective, for now I'll say Bird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    It's too early to know with Kobe, like someone else said, people tend to overrate active players, with time we'll gain more perspective, for now I'll say Bird.
    Even if Kobe gets another ring Still Bird better rebounder and passer and much better scorer INMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Prophet View Post
    Even if Kobe gets another ring Still Bird better rebounder and passer and much better scorer INMO
    You miss the point, it doesn't matter if he gets another ring or never plays again. People overrate active players, we won't really be able to place Kobe realistically until about five or six years after he retires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    You miss the point, it doesn't matter if he gets another ring or never plays again. People overrate active players, we won't really be able to place Kobe realistically until about five or six years after he retires.
    Agree but there are some players that are just clear cut better then some players from the pasts so some feel why wait so long to rate

vCash
    Agree but there are some players that are just clear cut better then some players from the pasts so some feel why wait so long to rate
    There is the on the floor factors and the off the floor factors and the team harmony factors. I.E. Kobe is a dick, and doesn't appear to tolerate other stars on his team very well.

Throw in Bird superior passing (best passing forward ever), inside and outside abilities, and rebounding (in particular defensive), and it's very much an open question about Bird and Kobe, and time will be useful in choosing.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    These two had very similar careers. Bird has a 1% better ts%, a .5% better assist%, .02% block%, .01 steal%, and a .01 PER. Those numbers are about as close as you can get.

Keep in mind that is a 13 year career vs a 17 year career. Out of those 13 years Bird played, only had 8 years where his PER would indicate all-star play according to Hollinger. ( at least 21.5)
    Kobe has had 14 of those seasons in a row since 1999.

Birds PER drops past Kobe's in the playoffs to 21.4 for Bird and 22.4 for Bryant. They both have a great ring argument. Both have great accolades. Bird has more MVP's, Kobe more offensive/defensive NBA honors.

Those guys are very close. I think we can agree that Bird does not belong in the top 5 if his numbers are so close to Kobe's. Since many consider Kobe to be a fringe top 10 player, I think Bird should be right there with him.

vCash
    LOL LOL LOL
    Larry Bird was the better player better scorer much more effecient better passer Rebounder and Defense could be a wash Logevity my *** lol based off your Logic Duncan> Hakeem
    one could make a case that Duncan was better than Hakeem. What is your point?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    So is Bird fringe top 10 player now?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    So is Bird fringe top 10 player now?
    I think so.

MJ
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Shaq
    Magic
    Timmy
    Kobe
    Bird
    Russell
    Hakeem

vCash
    Bird has 3 titles, 3 MVP's, & should have 3 Finals MVP's but only 2, Never missed playoffs when healthy, Always went deep, help take the NBA to another level ratings wise while Kobe's era dropped (because no one could have lived up to Jordan)

It's neck & neck but I'll give the VERY slight edge to Bird

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    Bird has 3 titles, 3 MVP's, & should have 3 Finals MVP's but only 2, Never missed playoffs when healthy, Always went deep, help take the NBA to another level ratings wise while Kobe's era dropped (because no one could have lived up to Jordan)

It's neck & neck but I'll give the VERY slight edge to Bird
    You think he deserved finals mvp in 1981?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast