Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If you are the Lakers would you trade Kobe for Melo?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, much bigger window for the future

7 29.17%
  • No, you don't trade Kobe unless he wants out

17 70.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    The reason I do this is because it gives you a bigger window.

Yes I'd rather have Kobe for a year, maybe two but after that? No way.

I know LA will always attracts stars, but how many stars are bigger than Melo? Now how many of them realistically have a chance of leaving their teams?

vCash
    No. Kobe will continue to be a better player than Carmelo Anthony for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons.

At the end of the 2015 season, Kobe will probably retire. In which case, the Lakers can spend the $30 million that comes off the book on the next hot free-agent wing or PG who would want to come to LA to play with a 28-29 year old Dwight Howard.

Even if Kobe resigns for a year in 2015, for one year, I'll still take him over Anthony. I wouldn't want Melo on the books, he's a max contract without max production.

vCash
    No and never. Melo is a plug. hes a Pg in a sf body. he's also a drama queen, and LA already has enough drama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    No. Kobe will continue to be a better player than Carmelo Anthony for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons.

At the end of the 2015 season, Kobe will probably retire. In which case, the Lakers can spend the $30 million that comes off the book on the next hot free-agent wing or PG who would want to come to LA to play with a 28-29 year old Dwight Howard.

Even if Kobe resigns for a year in 2015, for one year, I'll still take him over Anthony. I wouldn't want Melo on the books, he's a max contract without max production.
    Bingo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacarronsau View Post
    Bingo.
    A lot of you guys are underestimating Carmela Anthony, yes I call him Carmela.

Look, he's never had the right teammates around. You can't blame him 100% when his GM fails to surround him with the right type of help.

I would not risk bring stuck with Howard and no help. I'd rather go with Melo and Dwight.

Plus I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. It's not about "Oh if Kobe retires they can just sign a new player". If that were the case why not just trade Melo for all the help in the world?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    A lot of you guys are underestimating Carmela Anthony, yes I call him Carmela.

Look, he's never had the right teammates around. You can't blame him 100% when his GM fails to surround him with the right type of help.

I would not risk bring stuck with Howard and no help. I'd rather go with Melo and Dwight.

Plus I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. It's not about "Oh if Kobe retires they can just sign a new player". If that were the case why not just trade Melo for all the help in the world?
    The way the Laker's FO is run.... and with the players they have shown themselves capable of getting, I don't really think it is that much of a risk. Once again who is to say Carmelo won't just walk in two years for a chance to play with the Lakers and Dwight?

I think the bigger risk is locking ourselves into Melo and diminishing our chances at a title for the next two years. If we were going to go that road I would much rather trade Gasol for Josh Smith.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    If you're the Knicks you don't do this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    If you're the Knicks you don't do this.
    Really? Thats a very interesting perspective. The knicks would be legit title contenders with Kobe.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Really? Thats a very interesting perspective. The knicks would be legit title contenders with Kobe.
    I know what you're saying but even Kobe's best assassin years wouldn't bring this Knicks lineup a championship.

vCash

If you are the Lakers would you trade Kobe for Melo?

JB, thank you for the laugh.

vCash
    No on trading Kobe for Melo. The lakers fit better with Kobe, (who is still better than Melo even at age 34 and having played 16 seasons) and have a much better chance of winning a ring over the next few yrs.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post

Thread.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    JB, thank you for the laugh.
    Melo may make you change your mind this year rather quickly.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    I'm reading this on November 6th and I still voted Kobe.

vCash
    Now that the season started, the case is even more solidified, no.
    Kobe's playing amazingly right now.
    27-5-3 on 71%TS
    vs
    Melo
    26-7-2 on 54%TS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast