Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

20 42.55%
  • Go for it

27 57.45%
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    vCash
    I'm really having trouble understanding this offseason .

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Really you look at it, it is pretty easy to get,

1. A lot of the writers were saying the Sox were going to set a loose cap of around $112M. I believe with the Lindstrom signing, they are roughly at $113M or so.

2. They are valuing pitching over hitting. Because they could have traded Floyd for prospects and then signed Pierzynski back.

There are a few things I wish they would have done, but I think the main one for this team would have been to sign Eric Chavez to platoon with Keppinger at 3B.

One positive thing is the Sox have a lot of money coming off the books over the next two years. They just need to hope that guys like Hawkins, Barnum, Thompson, Walker, E. Johnson, Snodgress and others make it to the majors so they don't have to spend so much in free agency.

vCash
    Who needs Chavez...we have Morel......lol

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Really you look at it, it is pretty easy to get,

1. A lot of the writers were saying the Sox were going to set a loose cap of around $112M. I believe with the Lindstrom signing, they are roughly at $113M or so.

2. They are valuing pitching over hitting. Because they could have traded Floyd for prospects and then signed Pierzynski back.

There are a few things I wish they would have done, but I think the main one for this team would have been to sign Eric Chavez to platoon with Keppinger at 3B.

One positive thing is the Sox have a lot of money coming off the books over the next two years. They just need to hope that guys like Hawkins, Barnum, Thompson, Walker, E. Johnson, Snodgress and others make it to the majors so they don't have to spend so much in free agency.
    When Chavez signed a report came out like an hour later that said Chavez had an offer from the White Sox and was choosing between the Sox and the D-Backs. He chose the D-Backs to be closer to home. I would've liked to have signed him too to platoon at 3B, but I don't think the Sox could've done much more (besides over pay him) to bring him here. As much as it would've helped the team, I don't hold it against Hahn that Chavez went elsewhere.

vCash
    Yeah I do remember that. He wanted to play near his home in ARZ. It sucks because he would have worked nicely as a platoon with Keppinger. I don't hold it against Hahn at all. I am giving him time to see what his plan is with this team.

vCash
    Would any of you guys be willing to go after Jemile Weeks of the A's. Could be a utility player and another option if Beckham continues to struggle. The A's just got Jed Lowrie to play 2nd base. Weeks is a switch hitter who had a good rookie year, but struggled last year. He did show the ability to take walks and pitches. Just throwing some stuff out there to talk about.

vCash
    Reid Brignac was DFA'd today by the Rays. He is a left handed hitter that has played 2B, SS, 3B and some OF for the Rays. Could be what the White Sox are looking for. He was a former top prospect who is still only 27 years old.

vCash
    When I first seen Brignac was DFA'd this morning I immediately thought that he could be the type of guy Hahns looking for. Unfortunately none of his signings have been exciting but it would be a solid baseball move. Looks like we may be trying to win the division on the shoulders of our pitching. Im worried bc Floyd is the only starter that doesnt either have injury issues or lacks the experience pitching close to 200 innings. Plus, he seems the most likely starter to be dealt if/when Danks is healthy. However, I do like these "national league" guys though that play all over the field. Versitility is a plus, now we need a move for more talent.

vCash
    I'd say half of our pitchers could hit better than Brignac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    I'd say half of our pitchers could hit better than Brignac.
    Which is why I made the talent comment. Brignac combined with Wise would still mean we'd need a lefty bat unfortunately. Im not a fan of Brignac bc of his offensive deficiences. I still think theres gonna be a trade this month for a decent left handed bat.

vCash
    I think so too, a spring training deal
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Reid Brignac was DFA'd today by the Rays. He is a left handed hitter that has played 2B, SS, 3B and some OF for the Rays. Could be what the White Sox are looking for. He was a former top prospect who is still only 27 years old.

I'd rather have had Tony Abreau, who went 10 for 13 with 2 outs, runners in scoring position last year. But the Giants were smart enough to pick him up on waivers on Monday, which of course means we passed on the waiver.

vCash
    Holy sample size.

So your going to forget the 8 for 34 that he had prior to 2012?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Holy sample size.

So your going to forget the 8 for 34 that he had prior to 2012?
    Well to be fair, 8 for 34 in pressure spots is still better than Brignacs career 227 avg. Just the fact that we are debating about these types of guys to fill a role on our 25 man roster speaks volumes of what our season has in store. Of course there is still time before ST but something needs to get done soon.

vCash
    32 days until opening day
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051