Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

20 42.55%
  • Go for it

27 57.45%
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
    vCash
    I have heard Carpenter's name before in rumors to the Sox, maybe it'll happen in the spring.

Please no More(el) !!!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I have heard Carpenter's name before in rumors to the Sox, maybe it'll happen in the spring.

Please no More(el) !!!
    I think they'll use Keppinger for 120-130 games. Angel Sanchez can play anywhere defensively in the infield.

And as far as Morel, it's hard to hit an outside pitch when you can't swing a bat without pain. I hope Morel has recovered, because he's a plus defender. Obviously, I'm not expecting much, but he gets railed on too much.

vCash
    The problem is that there is no reason to believe that Sanchez can hit mlb pitching. The Sox keep saying that they can contend for the division. If that's true, than they need a quality bench. Obviously, the starters are more important, but over the course of 162 games, teams with better benches have an advantage.

The Sox bench right now is pathetic. Sanchez should not be on the 25 and one of wise/danks is ok. Also, they need a backup catcher that in case Flowers gets hurt or has a bad season (i think he'll be good) you can feel alright with starting. The only one left is Miguel Olivo, he's not ideal, but has a strong arm and can hit for some power.

To replace either Wise or Danks, they need a hitter foremost. Preferrably LH. FA options include:

Bobby Abreu
    Travis Hafner
    Aubrey Huff
    Carlos Lee
    Lyle Overbay
    Jim Thome

I didnt say they were great options.

As for the infield, they should focus on a defensive guy who can have hit mlb pitching to some degree.

Orlando Hudson
    Adam Kennedy

Again not great options. They really should have signed Ronny Cedeno. Would have been the perfect bench player for the Sox.

vCash
    Hudson can't hit ML pitching, can he?

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    well...he has at some point. if he got platoon time i think he could do more than angel sanchez

vCash
    The Mendoza Line is an expression in baseball in the United States, deriving from the name of shortstop Mario Mendoza, whose batting average is taken to define the threshold of incompetent hitting. The cutoff point is most often said to be .200, and, when a position player's batting average falls below that level, the player is said to be "below the Mendoza Line". This is often thought of as the offensive threshold below which a player's presence in Major League Baseball cannot be justified, regardless of his defensive abilities. .

O Dog might be here now....

vCash
    Did I just read Orlando Hudson? You must not have watched much of the sox last year.

vCash
    White Sox claim Lars Anderson off waivers from the DBacks.

vCash
    Oh i saw alot of Hudson play last year. And no I dont particulary want him back. However, my point was that they better get someone with some mlb experience because right now their bench is terrible. Not that Hudson would represent a big upgrade but they really have no depth whatsoever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    The Mendoza Line is an expression in baseball in the United States, deriving from the name of shortstop Mario Mendoza, whose batting average is taken to define the threshold of incompetent hitting. The cutoff point is most often said to be .200, and, when a position player's batting average falls below that level, the player is said to be "below the Mendoza Line". This is often thought of as the offensive threshold below which a player's presence in Major League Baseball cannot be justified, regardless of his defensive abilities. .

O Dog might be here now....
    So Wise's career .228 AVG is apparently justified in the eyes of Williams and Hahn because it's above .200? Such a shame that the White Sox roster can only carry 24 guys + 1 DeWayne Wise while the other 29 teams can carry 25 at all times.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    White Sox claim Lars Anderson off waivers from the DBacks.
    Now we have our left handed power bat....lol

vCash
    The second coming of TCQ??
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    The second coming of TCQ??
    Second coming of Joltin' Joe Borchard.

vCash
    I am really looking forward to the season as always, but not looking forward to this offense. Pitching should be fun especially if Danks can come back healthy.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast