Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

20 42.55%
  • Go for it

27 57.45%
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post
    One of our forum sources says the cubs and sox have discussed a dejesus trade...possibly after a bourn signing.
    interesting.l handed ofer,i wonder who'd be going the other way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman:24894787
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post
    One of our forum sources says the cubs and sox have discussed a dejesus trade...possibly after a bourn signing.
    interesting.l handed ofer,i wonder who'd be going the other way
    thornton? Santiago?

vCash
    If all it would take to get Upton is Alexei and Floyd I think the Sox wouldve made that move by now! In all likeness if he is traded it will be to someone like to Texas for a package headed up by Elvis and Perez. Sorry homers but that absolutely blows our offer out of the water.

vCash
    thats if Texas had a change of heart and decided to trade Elvis/Profar, which there's been no indication they'd be willing to do that.

As far as Floyd and Alexi, that wouldnt be enough. That very well could be whats holding up a trade. AZ has been interested in Alexi. AZ is in a position to win now, they must get rid of at least one outfielder, and they need a SS and a veteran starter.

The sox might not be engaging AZ at all about Upton, its all speculation. To call me or anyone else here a homer is inappropriate and in bad taste.

My proposed deal involved Floyd, Alexi, and a younger, almost big league LH pitcher to replace Bauer. I, like all of us, have no idea what they are actually thinking. But as fans, this is a great forum to discuss ideas, thats what being a sports fan is all about.

vCash
    In all honestly 2013 likely will be the last chance for the Sox to actually be competitive. I am all for going for it one last time before PK rides off in to the sunset. So if were going to trade for someone it makes most sense thats its for someone whom is only under contract for 1 more year. Our biggest need is a LH bat, either Kubel or Granderson would be fine with me. NY really wants a RH bat, maybe a Viceido for CG swap would appeal to them? That way we keep Floyd till we see if Danks is back to form. If were 10 games out by July either one would be easy to move in a trade.

vCash
    I would say its probably a 2 year window. Yes PK and Floyd are up after this year. But Rios, Peavy, and Dunn have two years left. I would say go after it now.

vCash
    I read an Insider ESPN article saying we were now a "sleeper" team to win this division. It said that we should be pretty solid given another left handed bat (Kubel) coming in .

Kinda made me feel better

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    You know the Sox are at least looking at Aledmys Diaz, the Cuban SS who is expected to sign early next year along with OF Dariel Alvarez. Diaz is 22 getting ready to turn 23 next week. Very close to the level that Alexei was when he came to the Sox.

vCash
    Interesting blurb- talks between the Padres, Cubs and... White Sox have taken place... Padres interested in Gavin Floyd, White Sox like Travis Wood and Everth Cabrera, Cubs looking at Gyorko... Other pieces involved, possibly Vitters ending up with the Sox as well... Sox insistent on either taking Beckham which neither has shown any interest in doing... Padres also intend to extend Floyd (likely on a one year plus option deal) prior to accepting any deal... Too many if's at this point to consider this a true blue possibility, IMO...
    Here is another little thing that the ABTY7 put in the Cubs forum. So from what this says, the deal could look like this

Sox get: E. Cabrera, T. Wood, Vitters
    Padres get: Floyd
    Cubs get: Gyorko, etc?

vCash
    Why would the White Sox do that?

vCash
    Don't like this deal, why wouldn't the Sox just try and get Gyorko themselves for 3B.

vCash
    I don't think they would. It doesn't make any sense. Just get Gyorko and a pitcher for Floyd.

vCash
    bleh,dont like vitters

vCash
    No not a fan of Vitters at all. I think they can do better if they trade Floyd. I would love to get Gyorko to play 3B and move Keppinger to a utility or to 2B if Beckham is traded.

vCash
    I dont want trade Gavin for specs, want someone who can help this season.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast