Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

20 42.55%
  • Go for it

27 57.45%
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That is a very good comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxguy1 View Post
    Im not really big on Martin, but i would actually like to get Olt. Of course then the sox would probably trade GB since im sure they promised Keppinger more playing time. I still feel that trading DV and signing Swisher is the way to go.
    Believe me we all want Swisher back! Unfortunately in this market he is probably going to get 15M a year. If there was any way to get Swish on a 2-3 year deal Im sure someone wouldve already. He will be a 5 year commitment to sign.

vCash
    Swisher wouldn't come back to the Sox for 120 million a year, and rightfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    I think it'd take a lot of effort and require KW and Hahn sitting down together with Swisher, but it would at least be a possibility. But that'd be a very fine line to walk without sounding like Ozzie ran the entire organization at the time. At this point though, I wouldn't bother with Swisher because of the money he'll require. Even though Boras is Bourn's agent, I read it's a possibility Bourn will take a 1 yr contract then re-enter FA with a better market next off-season. The White Sox should jump on that. It's a no lose situation in my opinion.

vCash
    Swisher is supposed to be visiting a bunch of teams in person this week. Im guessing Texas has the best shot at landing him.

vCash
    I just wish the Sox would make a move. The Bears are ****ing depressing right now. Even if it was a small move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSox0507 View Post
    I think it'd take a lot of effort and require KW and Hahn sitting down together with Swisher, but it would at least be a possibility. But that'd be a very fine line to walk without sounding like Ozzie ran the entire organization at the time. At this point though, I wouldn't bother with Swisher because of the money he'll require. Even though Boras is Bourn's agent, I read it's a possibility Bourn will take a 1 yr contract then re-enter FA with a better market next off-season. The White Sox should jump on that. It's a no lose situation in my opinion.

Ozzie...what a disaster, still haunting the team like some kind of social disease that will never go away
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    I can't believe anybody wants Swisher.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I can't believe anybody wants Swisher.
    I know. I hate consistent, high OPS guys who put up an OPS+ in the mid 120's for 6 out of 7 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Ozzie...what a disaster, still haunting the team like some kind of social disease that will never go away
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSox0507 View Post
    I think it'd take a lot of effort and require KW and Hahn sitting down together with Swisher, but it would at least be a possibility. But that'd be a very fine line to walk without sounding like Ozzie ran the entire organization at the time.
    All the reports I saw said that PK was the guy that really wanted Swisher out of town.

vCash
    If it was PK that wanted Swish gone, than there is literally zero chance we would have at signing him. As nice as he would be in LF batting second and getting on base. If Pauly who is basically Jerry's son is against having him than we have to accept Viciedo and his .275 OBP as our LF for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    As sacrilegious as it is, I really do not like Konerko. I guess I should say I am indifferent about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    I have never been a Swisher guy. I know his stats, I understand WAR, but he's probably the number one guy who's stats just don't equate to how I view him. Maybe it's because I think he's a giant douche (turd sandwhich!). His awful post season performances probably don't help either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheCell View Post
    All the reports I saw said that PK was the guy that really wanted Swisher out of town.
    I never heard or saw anything about PK wanting Swisher gone. That's interesting if it is, indeed, true.

I know my fiance doesn't want Swisher back in Chicago. She's not a big baseball fan, but apparently when she was at a game in 2008 he threw a ball into the stands that nearly hit her in the face (someone next to her reached out and caught it before it hit her). She hasn't liked Swisher since

vCash
    as i remember it, there were several guys who didnt like Swisher for his lack of professionalism. I think the only one who is lefy is Konerko. the others were A.J., Dye, Buherle, and Thome. There might have been others.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast