Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

20 42.55%
  • Go for it

27 57.45%
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Angels are looking good on paper right now
    yeah,they looked good on paper last offseason too.unless/until they upgrade that rotation they wont be that much better

vCash
    I would go after Trumbo if I were the Sox, Floyd and a bunch of prospects. Then trade Cicero our Rios for pitching. Trumbo plays the OF one year then shifts to 1B next year when PK leaves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I would go after Trumbo if I were the Sox, Floyd and a bunch of prospects. Then trade Cicero our Rios for pitching. Trumbo plays the OF one year then shifts to 1B next year when PK leaves.
    Buster Olney reported the Angels have told teams they aren't trading Trumbo.

Sox need to hang on to Floyd's 190-200 innings. Moving him and just replacing him with a youngster is a step in the wrong direction---unless they just want to give up on 2013.
    Last edited by getfoul; 12-13-2012 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    Am I the only one that wants no part of Dickey? He is 38 years old. I can see him becoming very bad very fast. I certainly would not want to give him big money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    yeah,they looked good on paper last offseason too.unless/until they upgrade that rotation they wont be that much better
    They won 89 games last year, can't really say that is a disappointing season

vCash
    But I do agree, they need some pitching help. There isn't even an offense that is close to matching the top 4 hitters on the angels with Trout, ???(who cares), Hamilton, and Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    They won 89 games last year, can't really say that is a disappointing season
    never said it was,just that it doesnt make them that much better.

but that you bring it up,it was a very disappointing season for them per expectations,ask any angels fans.got what was best player in the game not long ago in albert,best pitcher in that free agency to add to 3 big name pitchers,had the best player in the league and on paper looked deadly team everywhere and came in 3rd in the division.thats a major disappointment.

vCash
    Trumbo sucks IMO. I'd much rather have Bourjos. Trumbo is a white-Viciedo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    never said it was,just that it doesnt make them that much better.

but that you bring it up,it was a very disappointing season for them per expectations,ask any angels fans.got what was best player in the game not long ago in albert,best pitcher in that free agency to add to 3 big name pitchers,had the best player in the league and on paper looked deadly team everywhere and came in 3rd in the division.thats a major disappointment.
    You are forgetting that they started the year 6-14 and finished the year 83-59 when they decided to call up Trout, when almost everyone in baseball thought he was an upgrade over Vernon Wells, in which he exceeded everyones expectations. Would they have won 5 of those games if Trout was on the team? We will never know, but that is also a main reason why a lot of Angels fans are disappointed. Thier management was holding back an upgrade over Vernon Wells, to save money in the long run and it came back to bite them because they lost so much ground.

The addition of Hamilton easily makes them the favorite in the AL West, and after the additions of Pujols and Wilson, they where still behind TX going into last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    Trumbo sucks IMO. I'd much rather have Bourjos. Trumbo is a white-Viciedo.
    I agree....please leave Trumbo far away, as well as Bourn(going to get grossly overpaid)

vCash
    Maybe Viciedo and Floyd to Texas for Mike Olt? They need a starter and an OF now.

vCash
    Olt is older than Viciedo and has repeated AA. I don't know where all the hype is coming from. (Maybe Texas has joined other teams in paying BA to hype their prospects? )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    Damnit! I pre-ordered my Hamilton Sox jersey, too.

Like others have said and I agree I dont like Trumbo either.

vCash
    Olt has power for sure. The only thing I really dont like about him is that he struck out like 100 times in about 420 plate appearances at AA. Obviously that can be worked out with the right coaching and some patience. Maybe he was swinging for the fences or just has some holes in his swing. He hit 288 with like a 400 obp so im leaning towards over aggression. If his average stays around 270 with a 350 obp and 20+ hr power then I can obviously live with another 150 K player but if his peripheral's have an even lower drop off against major league pitching then you basically have another Viciedo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    Olt is older than Viciedo and has repeated AA. I don't know where all the hype is coming from. (Maybe Texas has joined other teams in paying BA to hype their prospects? )
    Maybe he is a little overrated but I think that would be a legitimate deal for both sides. Maybe we could get more from the Rangers? After all they are looking for a starter and a outfielder now.

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast