Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

20 42.55%
  • Go for it

27 57.45%
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Can we go one offseason on this site without the constant trade ideas involving Rios, any trade will only make our team worse.
    A) He's our best overall player
    B) He has put up 5 all-star worthy years in the past 7 years, so any argument about his consistancy is not warranted, just because he had 1 1/4 bad seasons with the sox.
    C) His contract is now team friendly...next two years at 12.5 million, and a team option for 2015 of 13.5 million with a $1 million buyout. Look at the contract Victorino just signed and we should all be happy we have a right fielder under control for the next 3 years.

vCash
    And Nick Swisher or Curtis Granderson....you guys are out of your mind. Their offensive stats were inflated hitting at Yankee Stadium. For the price both are going to get paid, they will be tremendous disappointments, and to get granderson, I'm pretty sure we would have to move one of our top 5 prospects, that alone, isnt worth the deal before factoring in the money owed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Can we go one offseason on this site without the constant trade ideas involving Rios, any trade will only make our team worse.
    B) He has put up 5 all-star worthy years in the past 7 years, so any argument about his consistancy is not warranted, just because he had 1 1/4 bad seasons with the sox.
    C) His contract is now team friendly...next two years at 12.5 million, and a team option for 2015 of 13.5 million with a $1 million buyout. Look at the contract Victorino just signed and we should all be happy we have a right fielder under control for the next 3 years.
    People are suggesting Rios because his value is at an all time high with the 2012 season he had. I dont know why you dont understand that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Trade Viciedo and bring back Swisher as a big **** you to Ozzie.
    Might as well go snag Juan Pierre too.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    We just resigned Peavy for possibly 3 more seasons for a good amount of money, why do you think the sox would now trade their best player and make their team worse??? Rios now has a very team friendly contract, and wont be traded anytime soon

vCash
    And no, his value isn't at an all time high...that would be Rios in 2007 or 2008. You dont get your team better by trading away your best players

vCash
    And no, his value isn't at an all time high...that would be Rios in 2007 or 2008. You dont get your team better by trading away your best players

Rios in 2012 had one of his best seasons ever. The White Sox might want to try and sell high and get a lot back in return. Thats all that we are suggesting.

vCash
    I might listen to any offers.....but.....he would cost a lot.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    The only guy right now I am not listening to offers on is Chris Sale unless someone came along and offered you double what you would ask for.

vCash
    We did not make the playoffs and everyone of our vets are a year older. Why not sell high so we can be really good in the next 2 years or earlier??? I dont see how you dont understand this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    The only guy right now I am not listening to offers on is Chris Sale unless someone came along and offered you double what you would ask for.
    This

vCash
    I brought up a deal like this in the Blue Jays forum

Gavin Floyd and Matt Thornton to the Jays for 2B/3B Emilio Bonifacio, SP Sean Nolin, SP Deck McGuire and 3B Mitch Nay

This would give the Sox three nice prospects and a top of the order hitter for this season. Nay would have to be a PTBNL as he was just drafted last year.

vCash
    Why do I not understand the fact you guys want to try rebuilding for 2 years down the road???? Maybe it is because we just signed peavy to a 2-3 year deal, and we currently have Konerko/Dunn under contract who are not going to return anything great in terms of prospects in any deal.

Our team is built for NOW, but you guys are under some kind of misconception that we are looking to rebuild if we can. Now if someone wants to overpay for Rios, great, make the deal, but in the past couple of years, it seems as if teams have wisened up a bit with trading away top prospects, and I just dont see how the sox can trade him and get better any time soon.

vCash
    I think some people just misinterpret what the Sox are doing and calling it a "rebuild". The White Sox are finally putting adequate resources into building the minors as well as overseas scouting. Some people may take that as an opportunity for a full out rebuild. The problem is that the sox veterans like Dunn, Konerko, Alexei etc. arent gonna net a huge return so its not worth dealing them at this point for mid level specs. I also dont see guys like Beckam, De Aza or even Rios, coming off a nice year, getting us an A spec. Why would they? Reality is that the only players that are gonna bring back the type of prospects needed to make a "rebuild" worth while is Sale and to a lesser extent Peavy. Viciedo, Rios, De Aza, Beckam and some of our own specs are worth B or C level kids. And then throw in the fact that history shows a ton of "A" specs dont amount to much and it makes it even harder to swallow mediocrity or worse. Look at the north side. They have been awful for how long and they are putting emphasis on building up the farm. Tanking may get you high picks but this isnt Football or Basketball where fielding a **** team gives you a decent shot at gaining an influx of talent. The prospect game is so hard to figure out in baseball that you need to invest money in the big league club while not hampering your farm. We should be lucky that we have an owner/front office that wants to win and at least we arent the Cubs.

vCash

Official White Sox 2012 Off Season Thread

Amen
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast