Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

    20 42.55%
  • Go for it

    27 57.45%
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 765
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,573
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I am figuring next year is really our last year where we have a good chance to be competitive, another LH bat would really help. A 3-6 of Rios, Dunn, PK, and Granderson would be about as good of one in the AL. This is of course assuming they all play at a high level. Surely Granderson wont hit 40HRs for us. No reason to believe he wont hit 30 though.

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,508
    vCash
    1500
    Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox are listening to offers for Dayan Viciedo and Alejando De Aza.

    Things might get really interesting this offseason, wow. Gonzo is a good writer, he usually doesn't throw stuff against the wall.

    edit: And I've heard from a highly reputable poster at ST that the Sox are shopping Rios.
    Last edited by keymax; 12-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,063
    vCash
    4000
    I'm just nervous that we're going to trade off what little specs we even have for a guy like Granderson (but not necessarily granderson), and then watch our key players have an off year next year. Leaving us with an average team with nothing in the farm.

    I'd actually prefer to go the cubs route at this point.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,508
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I'm just nervous that we're going to trade off what little specs we even have for a guy like Granderson (but not necessarily granderson), and then watch our key players have an off year next year. Leaving us with an average team with nothing in the farm.

    I'd actually prefer to go the cubs route at this point.
    I would prefer the Rangers route or the Cardinals route. Staying competitive and building for the future aren't mutually exclusive.
    The Cubs are looking at 3 straight years of being absolutely horrendous. No team should do that and there is no guarantee that prospects pan out.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Highland, IN
    Posts
    4,070
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox are listening to offers for Dayan Viciedo and Alejando De Aza.

    Things might get really interesting this offseason, wow. Gonzo is a good writer, he usually doesn't throw stuff against the wall.

    edit: And I've heard from a highly reputable poster at ST that the Sox are shopping Rios.
    Finally. Their best chance to dump his salary and get something useful in return is now. Holding onto him is a big mistake. I truely believe he's going to bomb again in 2013 and I'm not a fan of OF's being paid $14 mil and playing like garbage.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Highland, IN
    Posts
    4,070
    vCash
    1500
    Especially because it seems a lot of big market clubs are looking for OF help

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,737
    vCash
    1500
    One thing regarding payroll: Don't forget, Konerko does NOT get paid $13.5M this year. He only makes $6.5M. $7M is deferred at $1M per from 2014-2020. Those numbers on Cot's spreadsheet are misleading.

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    5,640
    vCash
    1500
    Rios is an enigma, sell high boys
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    36,905
    vCash
    1500
    If Rick Hahn trades Viciedo, he will have executive of the year wrapped up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,573
    vCash
    1500
    Trade Viciedo and bring back Swisher as a big **** you to Ozzie.

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    36,905
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Trade Viciedo and bring back Swisher as a big **** you to Ozzie.
    Oh my dear God... I just came.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,573
    vCash
    1500
    I knew you would like that. It would be the left handed (and right handed) bat the Sox want.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    396
    vCash
    1500
    id love to see them trade Viciedo and sign Swisher. Upgrade defensively, about the same power but from the both sides, and he gets on base.

    Kinda too bad they couldn't sign McCarthy to replace Floyd if/when they trade him. Although, with his injury history, with Danks and Peavy's recent history, they might be better off signing a pitcher who you can hopefully count on for 160+ innings.
    Last edited by soxguy1; 12-08-2012 at 12:24 AM.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    20,230
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Trade Viciedo and bring back Swisher as a big **** you to Ozzie.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    Oh my dear God... I just came.
    Join the club LOL

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,573
    vCash
    1500
    Dumping Rios and Viciedo. Maybe we would have a realistic chance at bringing back dirty 30!

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •